• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslim

Sahar

282373_449787458443278_1225403089_n.jpg

Franck Ribéry

F0uad

Lol i laughed, hes a great player.

There are many great Muslim players in Europe.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
He shouldn't even be there. We look at it as something to be proud of when really that's like hanging out at a night club and saying you can't drink alcohol because you're a Muslim.

Just my way of seeing it anyway.

Last edited:

dynavert2012

He shouldn't even be there. We look at it as something to be proud of when really that's like hanging out at a night club and saying you can't drink because you're a Muslim.

Just my way of seeing it anyway.

:yes: i think you are right

"And it has already come down to you in the Book that when you hear the verses of Allah [recited], they are denied [by them] and ridiculed; so do not sit with them until they enter into another conversation" 4:140

i have to withdraw my first post, but i excuse him as may he doesn't know that he shouldn't stay there

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
i have to withdraw my first post, but i excuse him as may he doesn't know that he shouldn't stay there

I can't say that he does or he doesn't, I just mean that as Muslims we must avoid certain things. We can't go places where there's nothing but haram and then shine our Islamic badge.

It's about shining that badge before hand.

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
As a good Muslim it is extremely important not to pass judgements on people, especially based on one picture. I don't know where he is but seeing how many Muslims in this age drink I am happy to see he has great self-esteem. He is setting the stage for other Muslims to realize that even as a celebrity he is not pressured into drinking alcohol. It appears that this was a team photoshoot and he decided to do it without holding a drink. I salute that.

He as a Muslim is displaying that Islam doesn't deny you the right to coexist with others, in fact you can be a celebrity yet still avoid indulging in immoral behaviour. It shows that Muslims can integrate into Western Society without giving up their Beliefs. You can be part of any sports team, or association without having to let go of your beliefs.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
@ Rational Mind,

You are implying that our standards should be Muslims who drink alcohol (who sin in general) and that anyone who is better than that is a good enough Muslim.

Why not make the Prophet and his Companions the standard?

Moreover, Muslims can participate in all things halal, however, in this case where he is playing with people who do not hold the same values nor beliefs it will lead to more haram situations. It's not that we can't live together with non-Muslims, it's that we can't integrate with non-Islamic culture.

Non-Islamic culture is contradictory to Islamic culture most of the time. And like I said before, it's not about being in a room with people holding a glass of beer and you not doing that, it's about not going there in the first place.

I wonder if the Prophet and his companions would be up for a picture like that.

p.s I don't mean to debate, I'm just explaining my views. I won't reply to you if you reply back to avoid a debate.

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
@Gharib please stop making assumptions. It is getting quite annoying. As a general rule it is a good idea to read twice and write once. I appreciate the Good in people and don't look for only their weaknesses and highlight them. I think Muslims should join sports teams in such large numbers that positive influence grows, and remove the idea that drinking is norm. So hopefully drinking is seen as out of norm inshallah.

Often on the RF non-Muslims feel as if Muslims don't connect with them. They remain secluded. I think today I have understood what they were trying to say. Unfortunately with Muslims staying secluded in the West it opens the door for the Media to paint them how they like. Muslims should represent themselves rather than allow Media to take opportunity from their silence and seclusion.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
@ Rational Mind,

You are implying that our standards should be Muslims who drink alcohol (who sin in general) and that anyone who is better than that is a good enough Muslim.

Why not make the Prophet and his Companions the standard?

Moreover, Muslims can participate in all things halal, however, in this case where he is playing with people who do not hold the same values nor beliefs it will lead to more haram situations. It's not that we can't live together with non-Muslims, it's that we can't integrate with non-Islamic culture.

Non-Islamic culture is contradictory to Islamic culture most of the time. And like I said before, it's not about being in a room with people holding a glass of beer and you not doing that, it's about not going there in the first place.

I wonder if the Prophet and his companions would be up for a picture like that.

p.s I don't mean to debate, I'm just explaining my views. I won't reply to you if you reply back to avoid a debate.

There are Hadiths in both Shia and Sunni sources related to Forbiddance of Sitting at a Table where Alcohol is Being Drunk.

Here are some examples:

فَقَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ص مَلْعُونٌ مَنْ جَلَسَ عَلَى مَائِدَةٍ يُشْرَبُ عَلَيْهَا الْخَمْرُ

“He (عليه السلام) said: The Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم): “Accursed (mal`oon) is the one who sits at a table (where) alcohol is being drunk”

Source:
1. Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 6, pg. 268, hadeeth # 1
2. Al-Toosi, Tadheeb Al-aHkaam, vol. 9, pg. 97, hadeeth # 157
Grading:
1. Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is SaHeeH
à Mir’aat Al-`Uqool, vol. 22, pg. 68
2. Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is SaHeeH
à Milaadh Al-Akhyaar, vol. 14, pg. 326

مَلْعُونٌ مَلْعُونٌ مَنْ جَلَسَ طَائِعاً عَلَى مَائِدَةٍ يُشْرَبُ عَلَيْهَا الْخَمْرُ
“Accursed Accursed (mal`oon mal`oon) is the one who sits obediently (?) at a table (where) alcohol is being drunk”
Source:
1. Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 6, pg. 268, hadeeth # 1

قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ص مَنْ كَانَ يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ وَ الْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ فَلَا يَأْكُلُ عَلَى مَائِدَةٍ يُشْرَبُ عَلَيْهَا الْخَمْرُ
“The Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: Whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day should not eat at a table where alcohol is being drunk”
Source:
1. Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 6, pg. 268, hadeeth # 2

قَالَ وَ نَهَى عَنِ الْجُلُوسِ عَلَى مَائِدَةٍ يُشْرَبُ عَلَيْهَا الْخَمْرُ
“He (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) forbade from sitting at a table (where) alcohol is being drunk”
Source:
1. Al-Sadooq, Man Laa YaHDuruh Al-Faqeeh, vol. 4, pg. 7

This same Hadeeth is also seen in Sunnee books.

من كان يؤمن بالله واليوم الآخر فلا يقعد على مائدة يشرب عليها الخمر
He (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: “Whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day should not sit at a table where alcohol is being drunk”
Source:
1. Ahmad bin Hanbal, Musnad, vol. 1, pg. 20
Grading:
1. Al-Albaani said this hadeeth is SaHeeH
à Irwaa Al-Ghaleel, vol. 7, pg. 6, hadeeth # 1949

ِAll the Hadiths are taken from:
Reviving Al-Islaam: Forbiddance of Sitting at a Table where Alcohol is Being Drunk

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
I agree with Gharib. I am an American revert. The more my knowledge of and love for this deen, the more of a stranger I become. Islam and Islamic culture contradicts the culture I was raised and live in.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
The brother shouldn't be there. But its good to make an excuse since we don'tknow the context. Maybe he didn't know, or was forced.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I agree with Gharib. I am an American revert. The more my knowledge of and love for this deen, the more of a stranger I become. Islam and Islamic culture contradicts the culture I was raised and live in.

Yes the more you learn about Islam and put that into practice the more of a stranger you will become.

It's not like people don't have different views about many things in life, we all have different political views for example but when it comes to Islam we become strangers.

A vegetarian amidst non-vegetarians has no problems at all even though he/she chooses to lead a vegetarian life. But a Muslim, even among other Muslims if he/she chooses to practice Islam fully and in every way becomes a stranger to everyone.

Like the hadith says, '...blessed are the strangers'

F0uad

The brother shouldn't be there. But its good to make an excuse since we don'tknow the context. Maybe he didn't know, or was forced.

Well he isn't forced he is a famous soccer player, in Europe you have different "Classes" of Muslims. Some practice more then others this guy is a revert to Islam who is brought up with Alcohol i think that he only knows the basic things about Islam. Its almost impossible to be a soccer(football) player in Europe and to be a full practicing Muslim i know in what kind of culture he lives and is brought up so i can fully respect the thumb up.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, at least he is not drinking it nor promoting it. That's good enough to me.

cocolia42

He as a Muslim is displaying that Islam doesn't deny you the right to coexist with others, in fact you can be a celebrity yet still avoid indulging in immoral behaviour. It shows that Muslims can integrate into Western Society without giving up their Beliefs. You can be part of any sports team, or association without having to let go of your beliefs.

Often on the RF non-Muslims feel as if Muslims don't connect with them. They remain secluded. I think today I have understood what they were trying to say. Unfortunately with Muslims staying secluded in the West it opens the door for the Media to paint them how they like. Muslims should represent themselves rather than allow Media to take opportunity from their silence and seclusion.
As a westerner myself, I can appreciate the point you are making here.
But I have to agree with Gharib that, as Muslims, we must avoid certain things.
Let the media say what they will, we are not here for publicity.

Matemkar

Salam. Normally I think Iranians do it before every journey with hopes to return safely.. :)
And, yep, I think before such games etc. they do it for faith and courage.. I hope iranian brethren here would correct me if I am mistaken..

[youtube]p7Nkr15kZBY[/youtube]
WORLD STRONGEST Man Reza Zadeh 2001 - 2007

It is better than cheerleaders, don't cha think? :)

Last edited: