• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslim views on Jesus

firedragon

Veteran Member
Show me where you asked me if i believe in any gods. A post number will do.

Again my statement was accurate. Several thousand gods have been worshipped, and for your information somewhere between 25 and 100 are still worshipped today

I didnt ask you earlier. I asked someone else, and you responded. I ask you now for you to understand the question.

And today not 25 and 100, you are wrong. There are around 300 or more number of God's in India alone. More.

And its completely irrelevant.

Thanks for the response. Cheers.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
There's so much verses I'll just put few even though I don't understand what you try to do :

20.11 And when he came to it, he was called, "O Moses,
20.12 Indeed, I am your Lord, so remove your sandals. Indeed, you are in the sacred valley of Tuwa.
20.13 And I have chosen you, so listen to what is revealed [to you].
20.14 Indeed, I am Allah . There is no deity except Me, so worship Me and establish prayer for My remembrance.

20.17 And what is that in your right hand, O Moses?"
20.18 He said, "It is my staff; I lean upon it, and I bring down leaves for my sheep and I have therein other uses."

28.30 But when he came to it, he was called from the right side of the valley in a blessed spot - from the tree,
"O Moses, indeed I am Allah, Lord of the worlds."

20.67 And he sensed within himself apprehension, did Moses.
20.68 Allah said, "Fear not. Indeed, it is you who are superior.*

*Against Pharaoh
I appreciate fulfilling demand of our friend @Terry Sampson . Is he satisfied, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Christians do not worship the same God.
Majority of Christian denominations worship a 3-in-1 God
Some worship a 2-in-1 God
Others worship a trio of Godhead
Even weirder, some worship that Jesus is the Father and the Holy Spirit
And the twists does not end there
I agree with one here.
And there are said to be 32000+ denominations of Christians having different concepts of G-d.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
If we look at ancient tribal middle eastern cultures, they all had different ideas of the Divine Council, some saw it as a pantheon of demigods, and some as archangels...

Muhammad tried to correct them to Monotheism, and instructs in the Quran to only worship the source of reality Allah, as it creates everything, therefore the angels, and prophets are all Allah's creations anyway.

Yeshua tried to correct the Jews back to El Elyon (God Most High), which is Ala ilah in Arabic.

The Jews no longer understood Yeshua Elohim's father is El (the Source of our reality)...

Take into account 'when Yeshua prayed, "Eli, Eli" (My God), some thought he spoke of Elijah' (Matthew 27:46-47), which shows people had already forgotten 'that El is not like the Elohim' (Isaiah 46:9 → Deuteronomy 32:7-9).

This is where people thought Yeshua was claiming himself to be God, as he said he fulfilled prophecy of being a Eloh (Divine Being).

The promise given is that those who are worthy will be call children of God (El) again...

Many Muslims I've spoken to, can accept we're all Allah's creation; so we can see it as all of our parent, like in code...

Yet when people start talking about someone being biologically a child of God, and God needing to be a human being to have sex with humans; Muslims defend that Allah is beyond the reality, that it creates.

The Quran makes clear we are not to make partners with Allah, Yeshua is the word of God & Messiah in the Quran, not some part of a Trinity.

The problem comes from John, Paul, and Simon building their Christian ministries on 'jesus' being the son of God, and as Yeshua pointed out straight after calling "Simon the stone (petros) satan, that he followed the ways of man more than God" (Matthew 16:13-23).

In my opinion. :innocent:

I agree with what I have colored in magenta in the above post, please.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I am calm, muslims worship the abrahamic god whether you like it or not. They consider jesus a holy prophet whether you like it or not, comparing holy books is a futile exercise, different religions eh!

Islam is an abrahamic religion for the simple reason they worship the abrahamic god.

God in Abrahamic religions - Wikipedia

You invited me to do nothing, @Prometheus85 asked two questions, i answered from my knowledge of having several muslim friends and discussing their faith.

You jumped in with with a rather aggressive

And a load of irrelevant bull from the bible?
"I am calm, muslims worship the abrahamic god whether you like it or not. They consider jesus a holy prophet whether you like it or not, "

Regards

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I didnt ask you earlier. I asked someone else, and you responded. I ask you now for you to understand the question.

And today not 25 and 100, you are wrong. There are around 300 or more number of God's in India alone. More.

And its completely irrelevant.

Thanks for the response. Cheers.

That is not asking me

I am not counting Hinduism now just the same way as i didnt count the 330: million or so hindu gods when i first mentioned it.

Why is it irrelevant? Because you want it to be. It is totally relevant to those who worship the different gods and it is totally relevant to your post that i answered.

firedragon

Veteran Member
That is not asking me

I am not counting Hinduism now just the same way as i didnt count the 330: million or so hindu gods when i first mentioned it.

Why is it irrelevant? Because you want it to be. It is totally relevant to those who worship the different gods and it is totally relevant to your post that i answered.

Great.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Ahhh, ... you forgot that the Qur'an also says that Jesus whom Muslims call Issa,:
  • Was born of the Virgin Mary and no father, similar to what what Christians believe;
  • Spoke when he was in the crib, but Muslims cannot point to any non-apocryphal gospel that says that;
  • Made a bird out of clay and breathed into it, and--by Allah's leave--the bird flew away, but Muslims cannot point to any non-apocryphal gospel that says that;
  • Healed the blind and lepers--by Allah's leave--and Jesus revived the dead--by Allah's leave, but Muslims cannot point to any non-apocryphal gospel that says that;
  • Predicted a messenger who would come after him, called Ahmad, but Muslims cannot point to any non-apocryphal gospel that says that;
  • Was promised by Allah that Allah would terminate Jesus' life and take Jesus to Himself, although there appears to be some disagreement among Muslim commentators regarding whether Allah took Jesus to Himself before Jesus died or after Jesus died, but Muslims cannot point to any non-apocryphal gospel which says that;
  • And some commentators seem to believe that Jesus will return before the end of time, fight the Dajjāl (“Antichrist”), and "rule according to the Law of Muhammad until the world comes to an end." But Muslims cannot point to any non-apocryphal gospel which says that.
By the way,
  1. You don't believe that all Christian's actually believe that a belief in the Trinity or in "originial sin" is necessary to obtain God's favor and to enter into Heaven, do you? Because if you do, you're wrong. We Christians use those doctrines to sort ourselves into categories.
  2. What Christian have you met who believes that Jesus wrote the Gospels or even one Gospel? Point me to him and I will arm-wrestle him personally.
  3. As for Jesus' ascension to heaven, if he didn't ascend where do suppose Allah took him as Allah says he will do in Sura 3:55 "when He said, “O Jesus, I shall take thee and raise thee unto Me" See Endnote i in the attachment to this message.
  4. As for whether Jesus died before Allah took him or never died, Nasr's commentary on 3:55 indicates that opinions among Muslims can and do differ. Too bad Muslims don't have a non-apocryphal Christian Scripture to help them come to agreement among themselves.
"any non-apocryphal gospel that says that"

I figure Quran/Islam/Muhammad didn't need and doesn't need any other scripture whether apocryphal or non-apocryphal or whatever for its truthful, it in itself is illumine, luminous and magnificent.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I believe that is based on a false concept that the Qu'ran is in error about the divinity of Jesus so the Qu'ran can't be from God. However the Qu'ran is correct about Jesus and it is Muslims who are incorrect about the Qu'ran. So the God that they worship is the one in the Qu'ran and they just don't know Him very well.

I believe the concept held is that the god of the Qu'ran is not the One True God.

I believe the Muslims I have debated with believe as you said because that is what their teachers teach them and without the Paraclete they can't understand the Qu'ran for themselves.

I believe they accept a watered down version of Jesus.

I believe it isn't good enough to say it but it has to be proven.
"believe"

Repeated use of "believe" suggests that one holds a blindfaith, and won't listen to reason.

Regards

Nope.The OP says nothing whatever about what Jesus "requires". Nor does it talk about "us" and "our" faith, whoever "we" may be.

What it said was that muslims understand God (i.e. the God of Abraham) in a different way, which does not involve Jesus being the son of God. They revere him as a prophet, believe he was the Messiah to the Israelites (so I've learnt) - and even believe in the Ascension, apparently. That is hardly "rejection", it seems to me.

What you may think Jesus "requires" (of whoever you mean by "us") is your interpretation of the scripture you have chosen to follow. Muslims base their faith on a different scripture from yours. How do you know yours is "right" and theirs is "wrong"? They will be equally convinced that yours is "wrong" (or wrongly interpreted by you) and theirs is "right". How can that be resolved? Can it be resolved at all?

It's just the way you have been brought up, I suggest.

I gave quotes from jesus. Those quotes contradict what muslims believe. Jesus says in those qoutes that we must believe his version of who he is, not anyones elses version, that includes the muslim version.

Also it can be resolved by realizing who came first, christians or muslims? Christians. Thus there writtings should know who jesus is, not the muslims who came 500 years later.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Muslim views on Jesus: How to read Quran to understand it correctly

I hope it won't be off-topic.
Since there has been a lot of discussion on Quran from many angles from the friends in the forum I suggest that one has to adopt a proper measure to understand the truthful scripture Quran, if one is interested. It is not like reading a novel or a story-book.

One should be clear of any bias while reading Quran.
Kindly start studying Quran from the beginning to the end, then read it again please and have a note-book with you while intently reading it. One should write down the valid question/s arising in one’s mind very naturally; this is not prohibited.
If the context makes the questions clear or one realizes that one’s question is not valid; one could delete it and proceed further. This may take sometime of course; but it is worthwhile trying it, after all it is an oft quoted book of an important world religion.
I think it is not difficult to understand the verses by using a common sense approach which is generally helpful for understanding any book in the world.
A single verse without the text and the context could be sometimes or most of the time misleading.
One cannot correctly understand the meaning of a word unless one knows the whole sentence in which it has been used. The value of a sentence could be best understood in a passage, and of a passage is best understood in a chapter. The reference with the context is therefore most essential for a meaningful understanding.
This helps to understand the verses; hence Quran is self-explanatory.
Quran in the very beginning makes it known that it is a book for guidance to humanity to the righteous one's and as such it should be referred to in the ethical, moral and spiritual matters. Why persist to use it otherwise?
Another thing is that science is never final in anything; there is always a room for improvement in knowledge of science; nobody has closed yet the book of science; so why at all compare it with Quran.
Quran leaves the field of science open for search and research for the believers and the non-believers alike; it does not block science for investigation or oppose it.
Science does not have any absolute realities; it is a tool of human beings for physical advancements and with the available data it searches and researches till it matches with the nature; nature is the master correcter.
Nature existed when humans had virtually no knowledge of science; and science is subject to improvement as and when new data is obtained. It has no claims to perfectness.
It is therefore futile to look for any scientific mistakes in Quran; there is none there.
It provides guidance on ethical, moral and spiritual matters. Quran does not want that it should be believed only as a book of authority from an authority.
It provides the wisdom to a thing/commandment and reasonable arguments, in a way, that it is not a tedious book like the books of philosophy which are full with difficult terminology not understood by the common man. It mentions wisdom for the Philosophers, experts and the common people all at one and the same time; as it is guidance for everybody.
I think it is appropriate here to suggest an on-line website for studying the same:
The Holy Quran with English, Spanish, French, German, Urdu translation - Koran Online
It is true that Quran if read in the Arabic language a little loudly in a manner that it does not disturb others has its own spell-bound charm; that cannot be denied.
Nevertheless; its real charm is in its profound system of meaning conveyed in its message; one could benefit from it, in any language. Where-ever the translator has not been able to comprehend the meaning correctly, one could check the original Arabic word and find its etymology, available online.
I have personal experience of this; people borrow questions from unfriendly websites; but when referred to Quran, for the text and context, the questions become irrelevant and invalid.
I may add here that all translations, in fact, are commentaries as one could translate only to the extent one understands; if one does not understand fully one’s translation would be defective to that extent.
As is evident translations of Quran are not the real words of God; that is factual and reasonable; that does not mean that Quran should not be translated for understanding it.
When one has finished it, we can compare our notes with one another.
However there is no compulsion to read it, if one is happy not reading it, one may not read it.
Right, please

Regards
[54:18]وَ لَقَدۡ یَسَّرۡنَا الۡقُرۡاٰنَ لِلذِّکۡرِ فَہَلۡ مِنۡ مُّدَّکِرٍ ﴿۱۸﴾
And indeed We have made the Qur’an easy to understand and to remember. But is there anyone who would receive admonition?
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 54: Al-Qamar

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
I gave quotes from jesus. Those quotes contradict what muslims believe. Jesus says in those qoutes that we must believe his version of who he is, not anyones elses version, that includes the muslim version.

Also it can be resolved by realizing who came first, christians or muslims? Christians. Thus there writtings should know who jesus is, not the muslims who came 500 years later.
No, you gave quotes attributed to Jesus, according to various New Testament accounts. But muslims rely on other scripture.

If it came later, that does not automatically make it inferior. After all, Christians rely on the New Testament, which came long after the Old Testament of the Jews.

So we have three rival sources of scripture in the Abrahamic religions, don't we?

You seem unable to see how things may look from another person's point of view.

Who are the numerous scholars? Which parts?

The most (in)famous would be those associated with Inarah: Luxenburg, Lulling, etc. and other less radical revisionists.

More than this though, many scholars would also answer that it is unproven, rather than making a claim one way or the other.

firedragon

Veteran Member
The most (in)famous would be those associated with Inarah: Luxenburg, Lulling, etc. and other less radical revisionists.

More than this though, many scholars would also answer that it is unproven, rather than making a claim one way or the other.

Well. Lets not just say "other" and other vague comments brother. Be specific.

What is Luxenberg's thesis on the Quran?

Well. Lets not just say "other" and other vague comments brother. Be specific.

Nevo, Koren, Puin, etc.

Another school of thought starts with John Wansborough, and numerous others influenced by him. Patricia Crone, Guillaume Dye, etc.

It's not really that important as I was only noting that there are scholars who disagree and I'd already named some.

What is Luxenberg's thesis on the Quran?

No doubt you are well aware of what it is ;)