• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslim Friday prayers in Berlin church

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
A church in Berlin has opened its doors to Muslims for Friday prayers at the end of Ramadan. I guess religious unifiers will rejoice, and predictably, Robert Spencer has started complaining about Muslims taking over Europe. I am undecided about this, but I acknowledge that for congregations with limited space, holding religious services while keeping social distancing can be a real challenge.

Berlin church opens doors for Muslims to pray

A church in Berlin has opened its doors to Muslim worshippers unable to fit into their mosque under new social distancing rules.

Germany allowed religious services to resume on 4 May but worshippers must maintain a distance of 1.5m (5ft).
As a result the Dar Assalam mosque in the city's Neukölln district could only hold a fraction of its congregation.
But the Martha Lutheran church in Kreuzberg offered to help by hosting Friday prayers at the end of Ramadan.

Muslims Pray in Berlin Church to Comply With Social Distancing Rules

Muslims Pray in Berlin Church to Comply With Social Distancing Rules
By Reuters

May 22, 2020
BERLIN — A Berlin church is hosting Muslims who are unable to fit into their mosque for Friday prayers because of social distancing guidelines.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's time for humanity to grow up and get over the "we're all good, you're entirely evil" idea. Showing friendship to the 'other' is part of the growing maturity.