• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslim comments only please.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
do you have any specific questions, the video is too long to respond to every single bit of it what exactly do you want muslims to comment on?

Photonic

Ad astra!
do you have any specific questions, the video is too long to respond to every single bit of it what exactly do you want muslims to comment on?

I was hoping to get comments on if this is a pervasive occurrence or this is something usually avoided generally.

IE are these guys mainstream or just fringe lunatics?

elmarna

Islam phobia is real. The obsession that islam is of violence and killing is all I hear from those around me who do not understand it and listen to their T.V. S with that they hear being truth. No matter how you try to get some of them to see it right they hold onto the falsehood and let their fear be a catalyst to a lot of unwise thinking.
Example - I. Had my appenix out in Kuwait. When I wenyt back to work in the syates people had to leave claiming I had a bomb in me!
I do not wear the hajab at work because of hate. Too many want to take out their bigotry on anyone who looks the part. They are shocked to find out my faith once they get to know me. While I lead a life of example they still will not drop their. False belief that the T.V. Hands them. 1 person went as far as to inform me I was lyeing! And he had to watch me because soonert or later I would become violent!
Funny; in the agressive way it was said - he portrayed a man who was willing to do just that!

Photonic

Ad astra!
Islam phobia is real. The obsession that islam is of violence and killing is all I hear from those around me who do not understand it and listen to their T.V. S with that they hear being truth. No matter how you try to get some of them to see it right they hold onto the falsehood and let their fear be a catalyst to a lot of unwise thinking.
Example - I. Had my appenix out in Kuwait. When I wenyt back to work in the syates people had to leave claiming I had a bomb in me!
I do not wear the hajab at work because of hate. Too many want to take out their bigotry on anyone who looks the part. They are shocked to find out my faith once they get to know me. While I lead a life of example they still will not drop their. False belief that the T.V. Hands them. 1 person went as far as to inform me I was lyeing! And he had to watch me because soonert or later I would become violent!
Funny; in the agressive way it was said - he portrayed a man who was willing to do just that!

That is sad, but are you saying that this video is faked to simply trying to spread hatred? From what I can see this is giving people a glimpse of extremism close to home. I don't think it's mainstream personally but I wanted to know if this is common from an Islamic point of view or if is just something that is looked down on by Muslims.
Thank you for responding, I'm simply trying to consider the video from multiple viewpoints.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Does this happen? Yes.
Is it common? Depends
Is is despicable? Undoubtedly.

I wish I could ship all the hateful speakers and teachers to another planet whee they can spew their violence amongst themselves.

There are these types of people out there, but IMO its just like any other "extremism". If you look for it, you're bound to find it. In all of my years of attending speeches, classes, study groups, etc., I have never come across this. Sure, there have been speeches that I strongly disagree with, but not like these.

In conclusion, no, this does nos represent mainstream Islam. Rather it is a result of lack of education and tolerance, either from being misinformed themselves or misunderstanding it entirely...not sure.

Photonic

Ad astra!
Does this happen? Yes.
Is it common? Depends
Is is despicable? Undoubtedly.

I wish I could ship all the hateful speakers and teachers to another planet whee they can spew their violence amongst themselves.

There are these types of people out there, but IMO its just like any other "extremism". If you look for it, you're bound to find it. In all of my years of attending speeches, classes, study groups, etc., I have never come across this. Sure, there have been speeches that I strongly disagree with, but not like these.

In conclusion, no, this does nos represent mainstream Islam. Rather it is a result of lack of education and tolerance, either from being misinformed themselves or misunderstanding it entirely...not sure.

That's more the answer I was looking for, not being muslim myself I don't really have the opportunity to witness such things to determine if it is common or not.