• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslim Atheism

Muslim Atheism

Matheist
Objective

To test the system through the principles of logic and logical framework of the Quran, ie. finding out whether it is inconsistent with any verses of the Quran.

Definition

Muslim Atheism is a theological position in which the disbelief in god, religion and the allegorical
but the Practical Ethical Code from the Quran are followed​

Practical Ethics
(my Pillars of Islam)

1. No God
but Oneness

2. No Religion
but freedom and unity in diversity

3. No Nonsense
but evidence based system

4. Critical Thinking (Sensory Perception)
optimizing phenomenal self through self consciousness and direct connection with reality.

Methodology

Logic and the step in (62:2) and (56:77-79) , no valid interpretation can have one or more false premises and a true conclusion (4:82).​

Scriptures

1. Quran (simply because I like the Quran)
2. All religious and non-religious books (confirming function of the Quran)​

Religious Views

It is not a new religion or denomination, but just my personal philosophy for a practical and universal living. . for myself , maybe I got tired of seeing sectarianism and the ulama. In facts, the main objective of this philosophy is about a system of life without any leader, idol, sect and fallacious ideology through automatic recognition of spontaneous actions. One heart, everyone are leaders.​

Rituals

None, or anything. . It is a personal choice, and as long it is about spirituality and consistent with the Quran and 4 above.​

I'm a blogger and all information is about Islam as I understand and should not be taken as a fact. It it is my personal philosophy and how I understand life and Islam. One should seek knowledge and verify through personal research: 17:36.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
This is certainly a novel idea. Could you describe what you consider some of these noteworthy ethics to be?

Muslim Atheism

Matheist
Thank you. . . The Quran tells that the Prophets and Believers have become the target of injustice, tyranny and oppression, while they have never offered any cause for offence to the enemy, except their claim for balance and unity. Therefore, I believe the main theme of the Quran is unity in diversity through unconditional freedom of religion. It is self evident all around us, it is everywhere. . .

So stand firm towards the justly balanced system of life (for unity)
The system of life made by Allah
That on which He has created mankind (everything around us is about unity in diversity)

images

the plants knows about unity in diversity

There is no changing Allah´s system

images

the animals knows about unity in diversity

That is the true system of life

images

human beings knows about unity in diversity, even since they were born, but they are unaware . . because of religion and sectarianism.

But most among mankind do not understand

Turn towards Him and be dutiful to Him
Establish the divine system (of unity in diversity)
And DO NOT become
(1) an idolater who ascribe authorities along with Him,
(2) Or of those (Jews and Christians etc.)
who (recite the same Book but) have broken the unity
and become religion (شِيَعًا)
each group is happy with what it has​
30.30-32​

and for there to be unity in diversity, there shall be no argument in three main areas (freedom):

For that, you shall preach and be upright, as you have been commanded
and DO NOT follow their wishes (for sectarianism, for religionism).

And say:

"I believe in all that God has sent down as a Book (ie. their belief and texts, it is different Texts but acknowledge them)
and I was commanded to be with justice between you (unity within diversity)
God is our Lord and your Lord (ie. their God, it is different God but acknowledge them)
We have our deeds and you have your deeds (ie. their rituals, freedom of religion)

There is no argument between us and you (unity within diversity)
God will gather us all together, and to Him is the ultimate destiny."
42.15​

ie. people shall not dispute others in relation to:

1. Faith and Scriptures;
2. God;
3. Rituals and Practices.​

The system does not stop at freedom of religion, but taking a step further to bring an end to sectarianism through the Confirming Function of the Quran, ie. assimilation of life with people from various religious and non-religious backgrounds and to live as one community, to live as one huge family, no religion, no sectarianism. . .but only the elements of just or unjust.

confirm.png

contradictorily. . people who are in control want to see people fight and kill each other, divide and conquer. . .so that they can be in control and make money.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
It is more than a bit weird seeing this so-called "atheism" through the lens of Islamic dogma.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It really looks like what I would call applying a Dharmic approach to the Quran.

I don't know whether it can work or not, but I definitely encourage the attempt.

It remains to be seen whether the Quran is inherently too self-referential and authoritative to allow such an approach - but if I dare say so, I truly think that if it is then it is the Quran and not the approach that must be discarded..

Muslim Atheism

Matheist
This is just my personal philosophy. . . for easy understanding.
The message from its symbols. . and according to movements for each element.

viia84.png

This is religion. . .

2rwuoo8.gif

All religions are equally important, complementing each other. . . to create planet Earth.
And this is unity in diversity. . . the true Islam (oneness in peace), all religions. . .
How the elements of fire, air, earth and water combined and create Earth, unity in diversity.

mb23rm.gif

and the Books. . it is only One Book of Allah. . .
The revelations are an episodes, and it ended with Muhammad.

1. The Old Testament - Torah - Earth element (7 types) - North
2. The New Testament - Gospel - Air element (7 types) - West
3. The Final Testament - Quran - Fire element (7 types) - South
4. Sunnatullah - Buddhist/Hinduist - Water element (7 types) (Sunnatullah doesn't need book, it is from nature) - East
* Brahman = Ibraham ? Sarah = Sarahwati ? Noah = Manu ?

One Book. .

images

All religious are equally important. . .

and it is all "One Book". . .

Say: “We believe in God
and what was sent down to us
and what was sent down to
Abraham
and Ishmael
and Isaac
and Jacob
and the Patriarchs,
and what was given to Moses
and Jesus
and the prophets from their Lord.​

We do not make any distinction between them, <- ie. their Books
and to Him we submit.&#8221;
3.84​

One Book, and No Religion. . .

. . .

Allah had not willed for mankind to be in one single community

We have appointed a law and a practice for every one of you
Had Allah willed, He would have made you a single community

but He wanted to test you regarding what has come to you
So compete with each other in doing good
Every one of you will return to Allah
and He will inform you regarding the things about which you differed
5.48​

"Had Allah willed, He would have made you a single community" means Allah had not willed for humanity to be in one single community. Allah wants unity within diversity through unconditional freedom of religion. It is merely a test. . .and that's why there is no argument in faith, God, and rituals.

There is no compulsion where the deen is concerned.
Right guidance has become clearly distinct from error.
2.256​

"He wanted to test you" means the Quran is a test for Muslim, not others. It is the test to bring unconditional freedom of religion and unity within diversity. Muslims must only concern with doing good and it is Allah who "will inform us regarding the things about which we differed".

"We have appointed a law and a practice for every one of you" means Allah prescribed their Divine Law and way of life. Therefore, it is not for us to interfere and Muslim shall only concern for laying the foundation for unity within diversity through freedom of religion. This is the main function of a Chaliph.

And had your Lord wished, all those who are on earth would have believed.
Would you then force people until they become faithful?
No soul may have faith except by Allah&#8217;s leave
and He lays defilement on those who do not apply reason.
10.99-100​

Last edited:

Draupadi

But the Quran says not to be idolaters, Jews and Christians. So how will there be diversity if there is no difference in beliefs?

Wow Muslim Atheism I never looked at Quran in your way and certainly could never imagine that one could derive atheism from it. Indeed, you have destroyed my idea that Quran has one interpretation.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
All religions are equally important, complementing each other. . . to create planet Earth.

I appreciate the desire for inclusiveness, but won't you at some point have to decide that some movements should be considered (valid) religions while others should not (even if they claim to be religions)?

Muslim Atheism

Matheist
@Draupadi

IMO it is the corrupted translation. . the religious translation

Because the Quran also says. . .
People of the Books are the Believers.

They are not [all] the same; among the People of the Scripture
is a community standing [in obedience]
reciting the verses of Allah during periods of the night
and prostrating [in prayer].
They believe in Allah and the Last Day
and they enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong
and hasten to good deeds.​
And those are among the righteous.
And whatever good they do
never will it be removed from them
And Allah is Knowing of the righteous.
3:113-115​

. . .

So as the Christians. . .

and you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say,
&#8220;We are Christians.&#8221;

That is because among them are priests
and monks
and because they are not arrogant​
5.82​

. . .

and Allah protects monasteries, churches and synagogues

Permission [to fight] has been given to those who are being fought
because they were wronged
And indeed, Allah is competent to give them victory
[They are] those who have been evicted from their homes without right
only because they say, &#8220;Our Lord is Allah .&#8221;
And were it not that Allah checks the people
some by means of others, there would have been demolished
monasteries
churches
synagogues
and mosques in which the name of Allah is much mentioned.​
And Allah will surely support those who support Him.
Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might.
22:39-40​

The disbelievers are actually the enemy of social unity, the hypocrites in all religions. . so as the Believers, the True Believers in all religions.

Last edited:

Muslim Atheism

Matheist
I appreciate the desire for inclusiveness, but won't you at some point have to decide that some movements should be considered (valid) religions while others should not (even if they claim to be religions)?

IMO it is irrelevant to Islam. . the core element of Islam is:

ie. people shall not dispute others in relation to:

1. Faith and Scriptures;
2. God;
3. Rituals and Practices.​

The system does not stop at freedom of religion, but taking a step further to bring an end to sectarianism through the Confirming Function of the Quran, ie. assimilation of life with people from various religious and non-religious backgrounds and to live as one community, to live as one huge family, no religion, no sectarianism. . .but only the elements of just or unjust.

Muslim Atheism

Matheist
Just those who recognize Ibrahim as one of their prophets, then?

I believe "who" is not the issue. . but the story of Abraham and other Prophets from the Quran does not corroborate that they are all from the Middle East. . from Adam to Muhammad, thousand of years . However, I'm still looking for evidence and cannot give any conclusive answer.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
IMO it is irrelevant to Islam. . the core element of Islam is:

Maybe I am just being dense (eh, what are the odds? :p ) but you mentioned "all religions". Does that include, say, Scientology? Kardecist Spiritism? Jediism?

All of them and several movements that are even more fringeworthy or even all-out harmful have their proponents as religions.

It is IMO quite all right to simply exclude them - I know I would, except perhaps for Jediism - but some clarification would be welcome.

Muslim Atheism

Matheist
So how will there be diversity if there is no difference in beliefs?

Just and unjust, and leave the fallacy of hasty generalization . . .

Religion 1 says ABC is just
Religion 2 says ABC is just
Religion 3 says ABC is just​

Therefore, ABC is just, regardless of religions. . this is "unity", "social unity"
The religions 1, 2 and 3 will stand as "diversity". .all religions must exist, maintaining its unique identity. . traditions.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Just and unjust, and leave the fallacy of hasty generalization . . .

Religion A says ABC is just
Religion B says ABC is just
Religion C says ABC is just​

Therefore, ABC is just, regardless of religions. . this is "unity"
The religions will stand as "diversity". .all religions must exists.

Doesn't that imply that religions need to be measured for validity? And probably have their course corrected when they fall stray?

Muslim Atheism

Matheist
Maybe I am just being dense (eh, what are the odds? :p ) but you mentioned "all religions". Does that include, say, Scientology? Kardecist Spiritism? Jediism?

Yes. even satanism, luciferianism etc. . .
Everything have the elements of "just" and "unjust". .
and not all evil are evil. .
Oneness, and it is just "balance". there is no good, and there is no evil . .

goodness without wisdom always accomplishes evil

Last edited:

Muslim Atheism

Matheist
Doesn't that imply that religions need to be measured for validity? And probably have their course corrected when they fall stray?

IMO there is no such thing as "Sectarian God", and religions are man-made. .
Therefore there is no need to measure their validity.

However, people like religions. . it is like traditions, it is the colour of life. . . they cannot live without religions.
and it is Allah's wills for people to be in many religions. . . so as for me, let it be. . it is life.
"Had Allah willed, He would have made you a single community" means Allah had not willed for humanity to be in one single community.
and . . those who follow the Quran shall not dispute in three areas, faith/texts, God, rituals. . (refer here)

Last edited:

Muslim Atheism

Matheist
As an atheist, I find this last part to be especially problematic. This all sounds suspiciously like a thinly veiled attempt to make Islam palatable to atheists.

People can starts with any Books they like. . there is no religion and it is just my personal choice for avoiding "personal fallacy" , my "shortcut" to understand life, reality and discovering the system for unity in diversity.

ObjectiveScriptures

1. Quran (simply because I like the Quran)
2. All religious and non-religious books (confirming function of the Quran)​

The most important things is our understanding must not solely from egoic consciousness or phenomenal self; the "illusion of Self" and the product of both Conventional Theism and Conventional Atheism . . but it is from direct connection with the reality. ie. the self discovery of "No God" (Self is the Primary God, the "cause") and the reality.

Last edited: