• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Musings of a convert

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Having given it much thought and study I make the choice (may Ahura bless me) to convert to Zoroastrianism.

Even as I have mentally announced the declaration I have felt as though a weight has lifted from me. I refuse to be a prisoner of Regressive Mind any more! I refuse to merely sit by and wait for my inner darkness to consume as it has in the past! I seek now the best help from the Best Helper!

I will not be a vessel of Druj but rather a beacon of light; I will cultivate Good Thoughts, Good Words and Good Deeds that I may spread them to others and thus help in the fight against Ahriman. May the Wise Lord amplify the Righteousness and Serenity I cultivate in myself.

This has not come lightly, nor is it born of impulse. I have felt Ahura Mazda's call multiple times and rejected it; attempting to forestall my choice or procrastinate in making it. I can no longer be honest with myself and continue to deny the calling of my heart. I also cannot honestly disavow the gods I have come to know as false. They exist; to say otherwise would be deceiving myself. When I say I stand against 'false gods' I refer to gods who seek to bring harm to this creation; who seek to monopolise power for its own sake and who seem to have little to no regard for those creatures beneath them - particularly if those creatures do not worship them; who spread fear, misery and nihilism in the name of spreading love and peace; who use fear as a means of controlling people and scaring them to believing that they are not worthy of love or salvation. I.e. gods who are unworthy of being worshipped.

I am not a monotheist. I am a henotheist - one who worships a single god but does not deny the existence of others. In other words: for me, The Wise Lord is not the only god. Rather, he is the god most worthy of my worship! So I give it to him of my own free will.

The Gathas make sense to me; the core concepts make sense, the description of Ahura makes sense.

I'm still fascinated by the Olympians and the other gods. I still respect those of them I do worship. But I need to step away from them just now.

Ellen Brown

Having given it much thought and study I make the choice (may Ahura bless me) to convert to Zoroastrianism.

Even as I have mentally announced the declaration I have felt as though a weight has lifted from me. I refuse to be a prisoner of Regressive Mind any more! I refuse to merely sit by and wait for my inner darkness to consume as it has in the past! I seek now the best help from the Best Helper!

I will not be a vessel of Druj but rather a beacon of light; I will cultivate Good Thoughts, Good Words and Good Deeds that I may spread them to others and thus help in the fight against Ahriman. May the Wise Lord amplify the Righteousness and Serenity I cultivate in myself.

This has not come lightly, nor is it born of impulse. I have felt Ahura Mazda's call multiple times and rejected it; attempting to forestall my choice or procrastinate in making it. I can no longer be honest with myself and continue to deny the calling of my heart. I also cannot honestly disavow the gods I have come to know as false. They exist; to say otherwise would be deceiving myself. When I say I stand against 'false gods' I refer to gods who seek to bring harm to this creation; who seek to monopolise power for its own sake and who seem to have little to no regard for those creatures beneath them - particularly if those creatures do not worship them; who spread fear, misery and nihilism in the name of spreading love and peace; who use fear as a means of controlling people and scaring them to believing that they are not worthy of love or salvation. I.e. gods who are unworthy of being worshipped.

I am not a monotheist. I am a henotheist - one who worships a single god but does not deny the existence of others. In other words: for me, The Wise Lord is not the only god. Rather, he is the god most worthy of my worship! So I give it to him of my own free will.

The Gathas make sense to me; the core concepts make sense, the description of Ahura makes sense.

I'm still fascinated by the Olympians and the other gods. I still respect those of them I do worship. But I need to step away from them just now.

From a purely academic point of view, Zoroastrianism is thought by many to have been the precursor to Judaism and other belief systems. Just using the Bible, it seems that it is alluded to. I'm trying to start to avoid inane religious arguments. In my very sad state, it seems clear to me that all the Abrahamic belief systems have derailed, so there are many more searchers now. I search for ONE God.