• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music Subscription Services Quiz

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Can't decide what major music subscription to use? Try this quiz to find out which service you should use. I made this quiz myself last night, it took me about an hour or two to compile. The quiz is compiled from fifteen questions and fifteen results, and all answers are either yes, no or no preference. I took the quiz and got Deezer as a result. If you decide to take this short quiz let us know your result too. :)

Possible results are: Spotify, Tidal, Apple Music, Deezer, Pandora, Qobuz, Napster, SoundCloud, iHeart, YouTube Music, Amazon Music, Bandcamp, Sirius XM, AccuRadio and TuneIn. That should cover every major music subscription service that is available in the United States.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I currently use Amazon because it has a good music library and good audio quality.
But I really wish the phone apps for these things didn't generally and mostly suck.

Vee

Premium Member
I have Spotify. That's the only thing that makes me get out of the house without forgetting my phone.

Exaltist Ethan

I put this in the Quizzes sub-forum and everybody who has replied to this thread has just completely ignored the quiz I made! This thread isn't just about music subscription services, it's about the quiz I made for it. Uhhhh....

Exaltist Ethan

I find YouTube Music to be pretty good.

YouTube Music has the most comprehensive library of music on the Internet. It takes three sources: its own music library, YouTube's music library and also allows you to upload your personal music on its database. If you want just one service that can handle all of your music, without having to switch between services, YouTube Music does it the best. Plus, if you have YouTube Premium you are grandfathered into YouTube Music.

However, there are a few reasons I don't use YouTube Music as my primary source of music: it doesn't do all the podcasts I listen to, it doesn't work natively with my Echo devices and I don't like to open my web browser every time I want to choose something to listen to. And overall I find Spotify's UI to be more intuitive and easy to pick up than YouTube's. It's easier to make a playlist from scratch on Spotify than it is for YouTube Music. And it's easier to scrobble music from Spotify than it is for YouTube.

For these reasons I use Spotify primarily over YouTube Music, even if I have YouTube Premium.

Exaltist Ethan

It's like you guys read my thread title, don't read my posts and post about the subject. I keep posting that I made a quiz about this subject and it gets ignored because nobody can be bothered to read my primary thread post. The primary thread post isn't even that long. The quiz can be done in five minutes. I didn't want this discussion to be primarily focused on music subscriptions but focused on the quiz instead...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sounds like you didn't take the quiz.

Which Music Subscription Service Should You Use?, the free Music selector.

I use Spotify religiously but I got Deezer as my result. Take the quiz!
I was using Spotify, but I hate having to follow an artist to get them in my main page thingy. I also had issues with it being very slow, sluggish, redownloading things constantly, and just being a pain.
It tells me Tidal, which doesn't surprise me but they didn't have a very good catalog last I checked.

Exaltist Ethan

That's how I am. If it hadn't become the portable music player it would still be mostly at home.

/off-topic

I have a wallet case, so everywhere I take my phone I also bring my debit and membership cards. So for the most part my phone is always near me, it needs to be most of the time. If I make a purchase online I need my debit card information, if I go out I need to pay for restaurants and Starbucks with my debit card... Yeah, a large reason why I have my phone while I'm out is because I love listening to my favorite music alone in public, but, I've come up with other reasons to keep it by my side at almost all times.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I was using Spotify, but I hate having to follow an artist to get them in my main page thingy. I also had issues with it being very slow, sluggish, redownloading things constantly, and just being a pain.
It tells me Tidal, which doesn't surprise me but they didn't have a very good catalog last I checked.
Not sure what you mean? Artists appear on my front page (in mixed playlists) without having to follow them, just by listening to them often. In fact, Spotify will put artists I never even heard of in that mix and I have discovered a lot of new music through Spotify. I feel like it's really good at reading tastes.