• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music; Can You Play an Instrument?

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Can you play a musical instrument? What song that you can play is your favourite? What is the best sounding instrument? What do you wish you could play, instument wise, and song wise? Finally, if you can play, upload some of your work onto a website and let us hear it!

Me:

I can play basic piano, and I used to be able to play basic recorder, violin, and another instument (very big and brass). Oh, and the larynx (very basic).

I wish I could play the violin, because I like it. I think it is one of the best sounding instruments, if not the best. I wish I could play Pachabel's Canon in D Major, because it is such an infatuating tune.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I play guitar (electric and acoustic) and piano (keyboards), harmonica and I recently bought a clarinet because I use to play in school but not the really swinging stuff like Benny Goodman or the big band songs so I hope to be able to rekindle my interest further on that instrument.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I can play the piano, took lessons when I was a kid up thru high school, and I play the saxophone. Was a music major at one time until I wised up, lol.

QTpi

Mischevious One
I can play the piano, trumpet, and French horn. The piano is my favorite. I'd really like to learn to play the drums. I think that would be great stress relief since I don't have a piano anymore. :jiggy:

Lightkeeper

I play keyboards, harmonica, guitar, and ukulele. Not expertly on any of them. I will probably teach myself how to play the violin. I would also like to play the drums.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
Musicline.gif

I can play the piano. It seems like a lof of people can play the piano.
:woohoo:
Musicline.gif

Ceridwen018

Yeah, piano is pretty popular. I took piano lessons when I was little. I quit because I hated learning to read the sheet music--I just couldn't pick it up for some reason. I was very good at playing by ear, however, and just memorizing where my fingers were supposed to go, but my instructor said he wouldn't teach me unless I learned to read the music, so I said, "screw that!"

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I play the tribal drums, whilst sacred drumming. I wish that I had one, though I plan to start saving as soon as I can. (Which will be fairly soon.) My dream is to someday have one with one of my totem animals on it... *begins to daydream*

lousyskater

i play guitar, mostly electric though. my favorite song to play is "Everything Turns Grey" by a punk band called Agent Orange. it's very fun to play.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I play the flute... Jean Pierre Rampal is one of my heros! (Along with Ian Anderson :D )

I also play the harmonica and sing on my church's praise team.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Not unlike Rex, I can play the radio, but beyond that, I have absolutely zero musical ability. I compare musical ability to that of art (sculpture, painting, drawing, etc.). I see both as a gift, pure and simple. I love to talk to people like carrdero, who seems to be able to play almost anything. They always say "I could teach you - it's simple". I laugh in their faces. I have tried repeatedly to learn an instrument (I think the violin and the saxophone have the best sounds), to no avail. Not even close. For those of you that have the gift, I can only compare it to my trying to teach you Zwahili - it's a dead language, and I don't even speak it!

If I could play any instrument, I'd love to be able to play the William Tell Overture on the violin - what a piece of music! My second wish would to be able to play the sax - in Springsteen's E Street Band (we'd play Born To Run - in Madison Square Garden). Clarence Clemons move over!

TVOR

PS - I'd make sure that you'd all get front row tickets and backstage passes. One rule - no heckling the sax player.

Master Vigil

I play drums. Any kind of drums almost, bongos, I've also gotten pretty good at singing bowls, etc... If I can hit it, I can play it. My favorite song, hmmm... I like to play The Ytse Jam by Dream Theater. Only while with a band. That song is great to play.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
If I could play any instrument, I'd love to be able to play the William Tell Overture on the violin
Man, that would like CRUSH the violin, but what instrument would you use? :D

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
NetDoc said:
Man, that would like CRUSH the violin, but what instrument would you use? :D
LMAO - tearing up here, boss. I'd buy a titanium violin, to prevent just such an occurence. Yea - that's it - a titanium Stradivarius. That shouldn't cost too much (as if you could find one).

TVOR

Lintu

I grew up playing piano, took up mallet instruments in elementary school, clarinet in 6th grade, guitar in 8th, and snare drum just before I started college. I played a few years in the university drumline on snare and general percussion in the stage band. I love music...mostly piano now, but I'd love to learn cello. It has such a range and a beautiful timbre.

cardero

Citizen Mod
lousyskater writes:i play guitar, mostly electric though. my favorite song to play is "Everything Turns Grey" by a punk band called Agent Orange. it's very fun to play.
My favorite Agent Orange song to play along with is "Fire In The Rain"

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
The Voice of Reason said:
LMAO - tearing up here, boss. I'd buy a titanium violin, to prevent just such an occurence. Yea - that's it - a titanium Stradivarius. That shouldn't cost too much (as if you could find one).

Hmm... To lessen the price, you should go with the adamantium strings, instead of the gold ones. (I'm going with the theory that metal that doesn't exist would be less expensive.)

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
I've played in my life: the trumpet, the violin, the flute, recorders from sopranino to bass, the mandolin, and a variety of percussion. Oh, and I started learning the bagpipes as well at one point. I really wanted to learn to play the lute, but there was only one person who could teach me, and I had to get a lute made (cos for some reason they don't have them in music stores at the ready (go figure)) which was going to cost me $900. Seeing as I wasn't employed at the time, it just didn't happen.
Druidus...our school band used to play Pachabels Canon...it's one of my absolute favourites.