• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Museum Visitors Invited to Write their Own Verses on Bible Pages on Display in Scotland Museum

MSizer

MSizer
“Art” Exhibition Features Desecration of the Bible

The curator has received over 2000 emails and letters, threats, and protesterster have intimideated her and her staff at the museum. The bible is a part of the "made in god's image" exhibition at the national gallery of culture in Glasgow scotland.

Visitors have written by visitors that suggest that the bible insights hatred toward gays.

The church condemns the exhibit and many christians are very angry over the matter.

I think that even if I were a believer, I'd be interested to read what is written by common folk, to get a better understanding maybe of how the bible is viewed by modern society.

Comments?

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
“Art” Exhibition Features Desecration of the Bible

The curator has received over 2000 emails and letters, threats, and protesterster have intimideated her and her staff at the museum. The bible is a part of the "made in god's image" exhibition at the national gallery of culture in Glasgow scotland.

Visitors have written by visitors that suggest that the bible insights hatred toward gays.

The church condemns the exhibit and many christians are very angry over the matter.

I think that even if I were a believer, I'd be interested to read what is written by common folk, to get a better understanding maybe of how the bible is viewed by modern society.

Comments?
Interesting. Not least because these same people would likely scratch their heads, wondering how Muslims can get so upset over cartoon depictions of Muhammed.

I liked how the author compared the exibit to defacing Michelangelo's David. Really? Allowing people to write in one Bible, among hundreds of millions, is the same as destroying a unique, unreplacable work of art?

dust1n

Zindīq
Interesting. Not least because these same people would likely scratch their heads, wondering how Muslims can get so upset over cartoon depictions of Muhammed.

I liked how the author compared the exibit to defacing Michelangelo's David. Really? Allowing people to write in one Bible, among hundreds of millions, is the same as destroying a unique, unreplacable work of art?

Agreed. If they were defacing the "ORIGINAL BIBLE" :p, then it would be equivalent to defacing Michelangelo's David.