• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Murti questio.

Kalidas

I would like to try and purchase one soon. Do any of you know if a good site? I know eBay is an option are there any others? Possibly better places then eBay would be?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I would like to try and purchase one soon. Do any of you know if a good site? I know eBay is an option are there any others? Possibly better places then eBay would be?

Murthis hold vibrations, like batteries hold electricity. Metal or stone is best. I personally wouldn't buy off ebay. Indian stores often carry them. Minimela.com has a few smaller ones, too.

Kalidas

Murthis hold vibrations, like batteries hold electricity. Metal or stone is best. I personally wouldn't buy off ebay. Indian stores often carry them. Minimela.com has a few smaller ones, too.

Yeah eBay seemed...weird to me. So thanks for lists of Indian stores everyone.

Kalidas

Thanks shivoham krishna culture had exactly what I wanted and good pricing.

Jainaryan I couldn't find a Kali murti there, but WOW what a collection. They DID have puja items for Kalu just not a murti itself. So I will probably visit both thanks for the sites guys.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Keep checking Rudra Centre periodically. Now you see it, now you dont. :p They are always turning over their inventory. Kali murthi should be with Durga. I got one.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Thanks shivoham krishna culture had exactly what I wanted and good pricing.

Jainaryan I couldn't find a Kali murti there, but WOW what a collection. They DID have puja items for Kalu just not a murti itself. So I will probably visit both thanks for the sites guys.

I do like them. I bought some mala beads from them yesterday :)

Fireside_Hindu

Jai Lakshmi Maa
I'm so picky I made my own. It's not suitable for abhiskekham, but that's okay. Thanks to everyone who is sharing links though, because I am still looking for a Lakshmi-Narayan murti. =)

Shanti :camp:

Kalidas

I'm so picky I made my own. It's not suitable for abhiskekham, but that's okay. Thanks to everyone who is sharing links though, because I am still looking for a Lakshmi-Narayan murti. =)

How did you make your own?

I'll probably buy one anyways because I saw one i liked on the Krishna culture site, but I am just honestly curious now.

Fireside_Hindu

Jai Lakshmi Maa
I work as an Illustrator but I also occasionally make marionettes and dolls as a side hobby. I had been searching for months for a Sri Lakshmi murti but wasn't finding one I liked that was also affordable. (I have an affinity for wood carving, which isn't a traditional material, but I am drawn to it).

At the same time I was working on a series of simple dolls. I decided to see if I could create a Lakshmi doll in the same style. I liked it so much that I decided to make it my murti. Now, even after doing this there was a part of me that thought "No this is just an ego stroke, I need to find a "real" murti." But the longer I went without finding another murti the more I got used to the one I made. So, as for now she's still there, sitting in my shrine, smiling at me.

She is a soft-bodied doll with a wooden head, painted features and beaded arms.

I may yet replace her one day with a "real" murti, but until then I think she's here to stay. I'm sure by now she's accumulated some energy so I think she'll always be near if not in the shrine, whether or not there's another Lakshmi there.

I'm glad you found a site with what you need. My search took me all over. :D