• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MURDER, GENOCIDE, and ATHEISTS.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
And

only 7% of all wars from 8000 BC to the present were religious in nature. If you subtract Islamic wars from the equation, on 3.2 % were of a religious cause. 96% of all wars on the planet had nothing to do with religion.

How does that add up to 100%

ChristineM

Premium Member
Sigh, get into the real world, your hatred of the Bible skews everything you say, and everything you say is related to your hatred of the Bible

Perhaps there is good reason for that, a reason that develops from reading the bible rather than cherry picking the good bits

ChristineM

Premium Member
Well, I'll cite what Christians have done to me. We'll take turns. My Christian family wants to more or less disown me due to their religious beliefs, because I want to become trans. I'll see how supportive they are. This is just for starters.

Your turn regarding atheists.

How about christians trying to kill my kids or christians taking my aunts arm off with a bomb.

shmogie

I thought you would say something like that, so here ya go, which of these were nothing to do with religion

"US Western Expansion (Justified by ""Manifest Destiny""):20,000,000 deaths"
AIDS deaths in Africa largely due to opposition to condoms: 30,000,000 , ok not a war but deaths caused by religious opposition to condoms

Al Qaeda, 1993-
Albigensian Crusade, 1208-49
Algeria, 1992-
Arab Outbreak, 7th Century CE
Arab-Israeli Wars, 1948-
Armenian Genocide: 1,500,000
Atlantic Slave Trade (Justified by Christianity): 14,000,000
Aztec Human Sacrifice: 80,000
Baha'is, 1848-54
Bosnia, 1992-95
Boxer Rebellion, 1899-1901
Christian Romans, 30-313 CE
Congolese Genocide (King Leopold II): 13,000,000
Croatia, 1991-92
Crusades, 1095-1291 - 6,000,000

Dutch Revolt, 1566-1609
Eighty Years' War: 1,000,000
English Civil War, 1642-46
First Sudanese Civil War: 1,000,000
French Wars of Religion: 4,000,000
Great Peasants' Revolt: 250,000
Holocaust, 1938-45
Huguenot Wars, 1562-1598
India, 1992-2002
India: Suttee & Thugs
Indo-Pakistani Partition, 1947
Iran, Islamic Republic, 1979-
Iraq War: 500,000
Iraq, Shiites, 1991-92
Islamic Terrorism Since 2000: 150,000
Jewish Diaspora (Not Including the Holocaust): 1,000,000
Jews, 1348
Jonestown, 1978

Lebanon 1860 / 1975-92 250,000
Molucca Is., 1999-
Mongolia, 1937-39
Muslim Conquests of India: 80,000,000
Nigeria, 1990s, 2000s- 1,000,000

Northern Ireland, 1974-98
Russian pogroms 1905-06 / 1917-22
Rwandan Genocide: 800,000
Second Sudanese Civil War: 2,000,000
Shang China, ca. 1300-1050 BCE
Shimabara Revolt, Japan 1637-38
Sikh uprising, India, 1984-91
Spanish Inquisition, 1478-1834 - 5,000

St. Bartholemew Massacre, 1572
Taiping Rebellion, 1850-64
The Holocaust (Jewish and Homosexual Deaths): 6,500,000
Thirty Years War, 1618-48 - 11,500,000

Tudor England
Vietnam, 1800s
Witch Hunts, 1400-1800
Xhosa, 1857
So ? You play fast and loose with what you consider a religious war. The boxer rebellion wasn't about religion, The holocaust was about racism., The Iraq war wan't about religion, the thugs were considered criminals by the raj. You mean there was a war on condoms ? How many rubbers hit the road ?

dianaiad

By atheism you really just mean revolutionary group.

Your numbers are absurd and removed from any context which would make them useful.

The numbers, unfortunately, are spot on.

Whenever a government decides that it has the right to dictate the religious beliefs of the people, nasty stuff happens.

....and that includes governments that decide that religion is a bad thing and that theists shouldn't be theists.

The French Revolution was a beginning, but you take Stalin, Mao....atheistic governments have managed to kill more people in the twentieth century than all the theocracies recorded in human history, and the reasons for that are the same as the reasons for those theistic governments that have decided that everybody should worship God THEIR way.

Don't believe me? Look up a term called 'democide,' and count yourself. Separate out the leaders who decided that religion was a Bad Thing and forbade it. Add up the death toll.

If you don't like what you see, well, that's too bad.

There have been plenty of 'revolutionary groups,' some really murderous. However, if one of the 'planks' of their 'platform' is 'religion is bad,' and 'there is no God,' and 'people who worship God don't deserve to live,' well....

That's a problem.

Only complete freedom of religion works. Only separation of church and state works. Only when everybody is free to believe...or not...or worship...or not...as they please do things work. Anything else results in a whole lot of death.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
They kinda already have......or have they both already won. o_O
I might as well dig in and start arguing with myself.

Me: Christianity brought us Hitler!
Me No, he wasn't a real Christian, he only pretended to be one
Me: He identified has a Christian!
Me: He only pretended to be one in order to fool the German people, he hated Christianity
Me: He was baptized a Christian and used the terminology of Christianity in Mein Kampf
Me: He wasn't a Christian!
Me: Yes he was!
Me: No he wasn't
Me: Yes he was

And so on and so on ad infinitum

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
You have kids and now you want to become a pretend man ? Your family should pray for you and offer you all the help you need.

Screenshot_20190618-164457~2.png

:facepalm:

ChristineM

Premium Member
So ? You play fast and loose with what you consider a religious war. The boxer rebellion wasn't about religion, The holocaust was about racism., The Iraq war wan't about religion, the thugs were considered criminals by the raj. You mean there was a war on condoms ? How many rubbers hit the road ?

Religious influence on all, sorry you dont like it.

Did i say "war" or did i say "ok not a war", so you choose to call it a war, ok, there still is a war on condoms and its killing people.

David1967

Premium Member
I might as well dig in and start arguing with myself.

Me: Christianity brought us Hitler!
Me No, he wasn't a real Christian, he only pretended to be one
Me: He identified has a Christian!
Me: He only pretended to be one in order to fool the German people, he hated Christianity
Me: He was baptized a Christian and used the terminology of Christianity in Mein Kampf
Me: He wasn't a Christian!
Me: Yes he was!
Me: Yes he was

And so on and so on ad infinitum

You are your own forum. You can both win and lose. Just be careful not to hurt your own feelings.:D

shmogie

The numbers, unfortunately, are spot on.

Whenever a government decides that it has the right to dictate the religious beliefs of the people, nasty stuff happens.

....and that includes governments that decide that religion is a bad thing and that theists shouldn't be theists.

The French Revolution was a beginning, but you take Stalin, Mao....atheistic governments have managed to kill more people in the twentieth century than all the theocracies recorded in human history, and the reasons for that are the same as the reasons for those theistic governments that have decided that everybody should worship God THEIR way.

Don't believe me? Look up a term called 'democide,' and count yourself. Separate out the leaders who decided that religion was a Bad Thing and forbade it. Add up the death toll.

If you don't like what you see, well, that's too bad.

There have been plenty of 'revolutionary groups,' some really murderous. However, if one of the 'planks' of their 'platform' is 'religion is bad,' and 'there is no God,' and 'people who worship God don't deserve to live,' well....

That's a problem.

Only complete freedom of religion works. Only separation of church and state works. Only when everybody is free to believe...or not...or worship...or not...as they please do things work. Anything else results in a whole lot of death.
I have only posted the first part. More to come to titillate my atheist friends,