• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MURDER, GENOCIDE, and ATHEISTS.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
ROFL!!!

there are COUNTLESS needling, demeaning, ridiculing threads and posts toward Christianity, ALL THE F**.. TIME! Friendly? Like this ad hom filled, hypocritical snipe? Implying this poster is a 'hater!' for not toeing the line with progressive Indoctrination?

So, do as you say, not as you do, is that it?
:rolleyes:

The absurdity with which progressives attack others, when they do the very things, is mind boggling. How can anyone be so detached from reason and reality?

/shakes head/

Each case is a special one and must be looked at as such. In this case, you seem to have gone to a thread as a new member one time, started calling us "Progressive indoctrinees!" for no reason, and tried to create a following from it without much success.

Audie

Veteran Member
Each case is a special one and must be looked at as such. In this case, you seem to have gone to a thread as a new member one time, started calling us "Progressive indoctrinees!" for no reason, and tried to create a following from it without much success.

oh, it is that guy you responded to.

i'd rather look at dog turds than those posts.

usfan

Don't project your biases on me. I'm here for the cup cakes.. :innocent:

..and, when progressive indoctrinees attack and ridicule Christianity, arguably the most Significant, positive ideology in the history of mankind, then yeah.. i get defensive.

If the anti-christian bigots would lay off the constant propaganda, you'd not hear a peep from me, about it. ;)

usfan

oh, it is that guy you responded to.
i'd rather look at dog turds than those posts.
No doubt. Mirrors are hated in ugly environments..

So why are you compelled to needle, demean, and attack every Christian belief and person? Why is destroying and disparaging Christianity so important to you?
:shrug:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If the anti-christian bigots would lay off the constant propaganda, you'd not hear a peep from me, about it. ;)
We'll always have people on both sides who trumpet their side being superior.
Why the need to believe that Christians are more moral, or atheists are smarter?
Such claims are entirely overwhelmed by individual variation anyway.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I refuse to talk against subjects without offering a solution, so here we go:

Christianity is very important to some people. But stating things in a matter of fact way won't change anyone's mind. I don't personally care if you preach, but I'd like to see the real you, hear about the passion that drives you behind your arguments, in what situations your beliefs has helped you in life. I am truly playdough in the hands of someone who is "real" and without strong motives without a solution, even if I do weigh their arguments still with great skepticism. I will defend such a person and their right to free speech to the death.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You, verbatim: "Before the muslim conquests the population of india is estimated at 600 million, after 200 million, a million deaths a year, feasible? Of course."

At the very least it shows you had absolutely no clue as to the population of India and thus the likelihood of your "conservative" 80 million being feasible.

i.e one post of reddit that you plagiarised and passed off as your own 'research'

Seems pointless as you just issue a Hovind challenge, while actually not dealing with any of the data presented, ignoring all questions and asserting random numbers as fact without even a shred of evidence.

Perhaps you can answer a general question regarding pre-modern historical enquiry in general though (hope springs eternal...)

As generalisations, are there any of the following you disagree with:

1. People writing about 'history' in pre-modern times were rarely trying to be objective, and many sources are more like propaganda (positive and negative) and hagiography. As such they should always be treated with great scepticism.
2. It is very easy to find sources which make historical claims that are certainly not true.
3. Writers generally had no ability to accurately calculate large numbers.
4. It was not really of great importance for them to accurately calculate large numbers anyway.
5. By critical analysis we can tell that many numbers in the past are implausibly high, from troop numbers, to populations to death tolls.
6. We would be right far more than we'd be wrong to assume that such numbers are generally significantly overstated unless we have clear evidence to the contrary.

Please dont try insulting my intelligence. As the very least it shows there is work out there that states this.

I plagiarised nothing and i suggest you provide your evidence of your claim

You have presented no data, you presented a single wiki page that i countered with a page from a military and civilian conflict site.

And i have had enough, this is the third time of asking so this time i will offer a deal , provide valid figures to justify your objections (opinion and foot stomping not recognised as valid), that can be verified against other academic sources and i will answer your questions.

Is that fair

Audie

Veteran Member
Actually, if anyone is destroying and disparaging Christianity, it's the Christian apologists. They don't understand the concept of "lead by example".

The blast of rancid air from some of the nominal xians
does not really help their case, but, I see them
as unfortunate people who would sully any waters
they waded in. If you let them.

I've nothing at all against Christianity. No reason to.

What I see so often, though, it people who think
they are christianity. Anything that is said about
them, pro or con is something said about Christianity
as a whole.

Some Christians have confused and variously
unfortunate ideas about, say, atheists or maybe
various mistaken notion regarding science.

It may be possible to show some of them a
different pov, or, where their ideas went off the
track.

Your raging dumpster fire "Christians", though,
just avoid them.

usfan

Actually, if anyone is destroying and disparaging Christianity, it's the Christian apologists. They don't understand the concept of "lead by example".
:D

Ah yes, the old, 'you are personally ruining Christianity, by defending it from attacks!'

So, you would like me to meekly submit to the false accusations, and grovel before them, weeping for forgiveness for being such a horrible person, responsible for all the evils of humanity?

..nah. ..wouldn't make any difference. I seriously doubt you'd think better of me as a milquetoast waffler. ;)

So, this is what you get:

1. Truth
2. Eloquence
3. Wit
4. Defiance

You can blame me for disparaging Christianity, or blame Christianity for creating a monster like me. But until you fire up the ovens, and as long as i have breath, defense of the Greatest Gift to man will be my knee jerk reaction, for any hostile, bigoted attacks.

;)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

Ah yes, the old, 'you are personally ruining Christianity, by defending it from attacks!'

So, you would like me to meekly submit to the false accusations, and grovel before them, weeping for forgiveness for being such a horrible person, responsible for all the evils of humanity?

..nah. ..wouldn't make any difference. I seriously doubt you'd think better of me as a milquetoast waffler. ;)

So, this is what you get:

1. Truth
2. Eloquence
3. Wit
4. Defiance

You can blame me for disparaging Christianity, or blame Christianity for creating a monster like me. But until you fire up the ovens, and as long as i have breath, defense of the Greatest Gift to man will be my knee jerk reaction, for any hostile, bigoted attacks.

;)

Alright, let's say you are correct that us indoctrinees are screwed up. What are your solutions for fixing this problem? If you say "Christianity", I might very well spit my coffee.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I do have a thought question.

I have homosexual thoughts. Suppose one of you did convert me to Christian Fundamentalism. A standard belief of Christian Fundamentalism is believing homosexuality is a terrible sin. So if I continue to have homosexual thoughts, do I spend all day every day praying to Jesus for forgiveness, or do I just accept that I'm evil?

usfan

Alright, let's say you are correct that us indoctrinees are screwed up. What are your solutions for fixing this problem? If you say "Christianity", I might very well spit my coffee.
I am loathe to provide glib answers, for something that is between each person and the Creator.

No, i don't think progressive indoctrinees are 'screwed up!', just indoctrinated with a constant drumbeat of propaganda, from all the world's institutions.

My advice?

Question Authority
Seek Truth
Face Reality
Know Thyself

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. ~Thomas Jefferson

He that would seriously set upon the search of truth, ought in the first place to prepare his mind with a love of it. For he that loves it not, will not take much pains to get it; nor be much concerned when he misses it. There is nobody in the commonwealth of learning who does not profess himself a lover of truth: and there is not a rational creature that would not take it amiss to be thought otherwise of. And yet, for all this, one may truly say, that there are very few lovers of truth, for truth's sake, even amongst those who persuade themselves that they are so. How a man may know whether he be so in earnest, is worth inquiry: and I think there is one unerring mark of it, viz. The not entertaining any proposition with greater assurance than the proofs it is built upon will warrant. Whoever goes beyond this measure of assent, it is plain receives not the truth in the love of it; loves not truth for truth's sake, but for some other bye-end. ~John Locke

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth. ~Albert Einstein

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I think the solution to all of these issues is:

1. We need to stop focusing on debate threads which wear each other out, and focus on general discussions aimed at less bigotry toward atheism, Christianity, and other religions. People also sometimes get confused like myself when a thread is in the Debates section, and we do put on our debating hats for it. But there needs to be more touchy-feely "get to know my views" general discussion threads.

2. I do think there needs to be an exception, a safe zone, where we can still discuss these issues. For example, I have been hurt by Christianity in my personal life and still talk about it on here. This doesn't disprove Christianity. Likewise, if you walked into a group of atheists and got jumped, and wanted to talk about it, I don't think that should cause any chaos, either.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am loathe loath to provide glib answers, for something that is between each person and the Creator.
Fixed it for you.
As for the other errors....I know that you're new, so I'm
easing you into things gently by not fixing everything.

usfan

What if in my perspective, I am doing those things, and I question authority on a regular basis by questioning the group think of a Christian country?
What country are you in? ;)

Or more accurately, what planet are you from? ;)

America is steeped in progressive ideology, and has been in post Christian decline for half a century.. maybe more.

Just a skim through this forum reveals the constant anti-christian propaganda, from progressives.

Other than a few die hard loyalists, the worldview of historical Christianity is constantly being drowned out by the competing 'religion' of Progressivism.

'Seeking Truth' will take great effort, and Divine Ability, imo.. :shrug:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Upon doing some soul-searching, I really don't think I hate the OP, usfan, or Christians. I might need a good cry though. I think honesty and straightforwardness results in peace.

usfan

Fixed it for you.
As for the other errors....I know that you're new, so I'm
easing you into things gently by not fixing everything.
It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word. ~Andrew Jackson

;)

I'm pretty good, with spelling and grammar, but i don't obsess over it.