• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Murdaugh

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
The murderer. I am so impressed with the jurors capabilities in listening to, understanding, and drawing the lines between the dots to navigate to the correct conclusion.

I cannot begin to imagine what went through those poor people's minds as they watched their loved one attack them.

After so many people getting away with so many wrongs in the courts of this country, it is refreshing to see intelligence and justice demonstrated.

The judge called for the death penalty which the prosecution most likely could have gotten, it is refreshing to see them not wanting to kill another human like Alex did.

I'm taking bets on Alex's time before hanging himself....Hopefully. I don't want to feed him.

What do you think?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The murderer. I am so impressed with the jurors capabilities in listening to, understanding, and drawing the lines between the dots to navigate to the correct conclusion.

I cannot begin to imagine what went through those poor people's minds as they watched their loved one attack them.

After so many people getting away with so many wrongs in the courts of this country, it is refreshing to see intelligence and justice demonstrated.

The judge called for the death penalty which the prosecution most likely could have gotten, it is refreshing to see them not wanting to kill another human like Alex did.

I'm taking bets on Alex's time before hanging himself....Hopefully. I don't want to feed him.

What do you think?
If that's what you call "wandering peacefully," I'd hate to see you when you're mildly upset.

It would take a good deal more for me to hunger for someone's suicide.

Orbit

I'm a planet
My mom is convinced he's innocent after watching the trial. I can't say I agree with her.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

What do you think?
Most of your post was pretty much on the mark -- but I will never wish for the death of another human being. We can all rise above that kind of thinking, if we try.

Having said that, I do not think your wish will come true, anyway. It is clear that the single most salient feature of Murdaugh's personality is self-love. He will live on, and manipulate his way (using skills he learned and practiced as a lawyer) through fellow inmates and the system to whatever advantage he can. That is unfortunate, but still not enough reason to wish for his death.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I was late to being interested in this story. I watched a few documentaries in recent weeks given all the media attention. Frankly I can'ty believe the dad killed his wife and child as a way to avoid financial problems. What a stupid way to think. He maintains his innocense which is absurd given all the data they prosecution presented. The jury did very well paying attention to the testimonies.

Does anyone know if there was some other motive for him killing his wife and son except as a deflection from financial crimes? I can somewhat see that killing his son might end the wrongful death of the young girl, but I can't see that being a benefit for the dad.

And I was curious what happens to their estate now. Sold to pay attorney fees and settle lawsuits?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think it needs to take up so much talk on TV. Why do people still have TV's? Why bother leaving the news running in lounges and waiting rooms? Just put on a DVD or some good music.

Murdaugh? Murderers don't deserve so much attention. Waste of ear time.

pearl

I was surprised that the deliberations were so short. Wonder if tossing one juror for an alternative made any difference?

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
If that's what you call "wandering peacefully," I'd hate to see you when you're mildly upset.

It would take a good deal more for me to hunger for someone's suicide.
I wouldn't wish death by someone else's hand but after watching the man on the stand and being aware of the details of what he did to his own wife and child, I don't see any value to his continued existence. If he ended his useless vile life no, it wouldn't bother me a bit. That I'm peaceful doesn't make me unable to determine a waste of oxygen and resources.

I'm sure he would appreciate your support. Maybe you could send him a nice care package?

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
My mom is convinced he's innocent after watching the trial. I can't say I agree with her.
I only watched the last week. He is the best liar I have ever seen and actually had me doubtful that he could have done it. But it became clear through the forensic time lines there is just no possibility that anyone else could have done it. Even with that, it still is incomprehensible and hard to believe. I'm sure there will be years of appeals as usual.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
Most of your post was pretty much on the mark -- but I will never wish for the death of another human being. We can all rise above that kind of thinking, if we try.

Having said that, I do not think your wish will come true, anyway. It is clear that the single most salient feature of Murdaugh's personality is self-love. He will live on, and manipulate his way (using skills he learned and practiced as a lawyer) through fellow inmates and the system to whatever advantage he can. That is unfortunate, but still not enough reason to wish for his death.
I think you are probably right. Not right away at least. Narcissist and sociopaths brains work differently than most of us. He may be so in love with himself he won't carry it out. But he already almost did it once, it just failed. But I suspect that was on purpose as another sympathy ploy.

It certainly is fascinating how some people can be so totally deranged but still walk around seemingly normal until they have been caught.

I don't really wish death on him or anything else even though he really doesn't deserve to still be alive after what he did. I wouldn't cry if he did do it.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
I don't think it needs to take up so much talk on TV. Why do people still have TV's? Why bother leaving the news running in lounges and waiting rooms? Just put on a DVD or some good music.

Murdaugh? Murderers don't deserve so much attention. Waste of ear time.
I have good music, books and movies also. It's winter here so more time is spent indoors and the details of this case got me interested. I usually don't watch trials but the physiology fascinates me. And I had to retreat from the reality of the news and world tragedies for a while. Way too depressing. Some people do like to understand what is happening in the rest of the world outside their livingroom but I agree, it can be too much.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
I was late to being interested in this story. I watched a few documentaries in recent weeks given all the media attention. Frankly I can'ty believe the dad killed his wife and child as a way to avoid financial problems. What a stupid way to think. He maintains his innocense which is absurd given all the data they prosecution presented. The jury did very well paying attention to the testimonies.

Does anyone know if there was some other motive for him killing his wife and son except as a deflection from financial crimes? I can somewhat see that killing his son might end the wrongful death of the young girl, but I can't see that being a benefit for the dad.

And I was curious what happens to their estate now. Sold to pay attorney fees and settle lawsuits?
That is what made me so curious about this case. The motive. Why in the world would someone be so concerned over their reputation to devolve into slaughtering their own family!? But after seeing him testify, something only the most narcissist defendant would do, plus the fact that literally noone else could have done it, his demeanor appeared to make him capable.

His estate will still be sued for the girl killed in the boat crash. That seemed to be the final straw for his act. And he still faces I believe they said, 99 more court cases involving all of his thefts of client and his firm's money. Iow, he won't have an estate left after everything is said and done.

F1fan

Veteran Member
That is what made me so curious about this case. The motive. Why in the world would someone be so concerned over their reputation to devolve into slaughtering their own family!? But after seeing him testify, something only the most narcissist defendant would do, plus the fact that literally noone else could have done it, his demeanor appeared to make him capable.

His estate will still be sued for the girl killed in the boat crash. That seemed to be the final straw for his act. And he still faces I believe they said, 99 more court cases involving all of his thefts of client and his firm's money. Iow, he won't have an estate left after everything is said and done.
Im curious about the law can allow a claim against the estate when Paul was an adult at the time. I would think parents would be protected from acts an adult child would do. The one path to a suit is that the boat Paul used was the dad’s. To my mind that would work. I’m also curious how an estate is managed when an owner is imprisoned for life. I’m not sure a living person can give a living child the whole estate without there being tax liability.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
Im curious about the law can allow a claim against the estate when Paul was an adult at the time. I would think parents would be protected from acts an adult child would do. The one path to a suit is that the boat Paul used was the dad’s. To my mind that would work. I’m also curious how an estate is managed when an owner is imprisoned for life. I’m not sure a living person can give a living child the whole estate without there being tax liability.
Good questions. Now I'm curious and need to research that in general. I don't think he can give his estate to anyone with all the pending suits against him for all his other thefts. He even stole all the 3.5million his own insurance company paid to the son of his house keeper who also dies on his property by supposedly falling and dying from head injuries. I would not put it past him to have also killed her for the money he knew he would steal. It's rare we encounter such a slime ball.