• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Multidimensional existence

Ellen Brown

In my avocation as a writer in of sometimes lurid Science Fiction tales, my ideas often bleed over into religious belief. While my mathematics is pathetic, I still love to think on what we see as the improbable.

In thinking about the expulsion of Adam and Eve from the Garden in Genesis 3, I wonder if they were not expulsed at all but simply had the ability of seeing and experiencing in more than 3 or 4 dimensions taken from them? That would explain our not being able to find the Garden or the Cherubim, or any evidence there of.

For me it would also explain Jesus' ability to sort of disappear. ("And he was not") There are numerous examples of Angels and those sent by God. One of my favorites is the book of Ezekiel, which I interpret fairly literally. It is with some ire that I remember often hearing "The Bible is the pure, inerrant word of God", from the pulpit and then to hear those same dorks obfuscating their ideas about the book until you are expected to discount its importance.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
[QUOTE="Ellen Brown, post: 5785712, member: 63901]

In thinking about the expulsion of Adam and Eve from the Garden in Genesis 3, I wonder if they were not expulsed at all but simply had the ability of seeing and experiencing in more than 3 or 4 dimensions taken from them? That would explain our not being able to find the Garden or the Cherubim, or any evidence there of.

...[/QUOTE]
I would tend to call it "angle of vision" but I could also see calling it "extra sensory perception" that we no longer have.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Incidentally I found out there are some online lectures by a rabbi Fohrman on a related, very related, subject at this site: https://www.alephbeta.org/playlist/the-garden-of-eden In a (currently free) garden-of-eden series. In his second video he talks about internal versus external questions. What he says is that there are questions that have no answers, because they are based upon things to be accepted within the story. His example is a question about the story of Jonah where people tend to ask "Well how could he survive 3 days inside of a fish?" Its a miracle, not what the story wants you to ask. It wants you to ask things like why Jonah ran away from his duty. Anyways this is his example of the difference between an internal versus an external question. Similarly with Genesis you don't really ask how the sun could come after the light, because its part of the story. Its a miracle. You can and may ask it, but its external to the text.

Ellen Brown

Incidentally I found out there are some online lectures by a rabbi Fohrman on a related, very related, subject at this site: https://www.alephbeta.org/playlist/the-garden-of-eden In a (currently free) garden-of-eden series. In his second video he talks about internal versus external questions. What he says is that there are questions that have no answers, because they are based upon things to be accepted within the story. His example is a question about the story of Jonah where people tend to ask "Well how could he survive 3 days inside of a fish?" Its a miracle, not what the story wants you to ask. It wants you to ask things like why Jonah ran away from his duty. Anyways this is his example of the difference between an internal versus an external question. Similarly with Genesis you don't really ask how the sun could come after the light, because its part of the story. Its a miracle. You can and may ask it, but its external to the text.

Being snotty... I wonder if this Rabbi knows that Gentiles will hear this? While I would like to learn from the Jews, I feel like many I have encountered pride themselves on being difficult to understand, though this was not that way.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Being snotty... I wonder if this Rabbi knows that Gentiles will hear this? While I would like to learn from the Jews, I feel like many I have encountered pride themselves on being difficult to understand, though this was not that way.
Ha ha. I know what you mean, with the old answering question with questions however it is actually part of the teaching process for religious Jews which takes into account personal growth. As a Christian I benefit from understanding this. I will give you an example of how my understanding has grown about a story in Genesis. I am over forty, and I can tell you that the sweet person I was as a child that person was hiding some very serious anger from themselves. People are not reliable and not safe. I understand Levi better now about the time he took revenge (in Genesis), but when I was young I would not have. I can guess now how how Levi felt and feel myself taking vengeance with him, because I know myself better now. That day Levi took revenge he lost his status among his brothers. His father denounced his actions, even though it was revenge for the rape of a family member. In doing so he also denounced my own thoughts of swift justice. No person could have taught me about this before I was ready. It was a function of time, of self discovery and of realization. No one could have explained it too me twenty years ago, because I was not open to that lesson. Self discovery is very important and a core principle, thus questions are answered with questions.

Ellen Brown

Ha ha. I know what you mean, with the old answering question with questions however it is actually part of the teaching process for religious Jews which takes into account personal growth. As a Christian I benefit from understanding this. I will give you an example of how my understanding has grown about a story in Genesis. I am over forty, and I can tell you that the sweet person I was as a child that person was hiding some very serious anger from themselves. People are not reliable and not safe. I understand Levi better now about the time he took revenge (in Genesis), but when I was young I would not have. I can guess now how how Levi felt and feel myself taking vengeance with him, because I know myself better now. That day Levi took revenge he lost his status among his brothers. His father denounced his actions, even though it was revenge for the rape of a family member. In doing so he also denounced my own thoughts of swift justice. No person could have taught me about this before I was ready. It was a function of time, of self discovery and of realization. No one could have explained it too me twenty years ago, because I was not open to that lesson. Self discovery is very important and a core principle, thus questions are answered with questions.

The violence I have seen ...