• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muhammad spread his religion and peace with the minimum human loss

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Also Robert Spencer, in a history about Muhammad, deliberately omitted the first 13 years of cruel oppression, torture and murder the Muslims had been exposed to in a deliberate attempt to make the reader think the Muslims started the fighting when they were oppressed in Mecca for 13 years.

This flies in the face of the fact that the Meccans tolerated Muhammad berating their religious beliefs for 13 years. If they were intolerant enough to oppress, torture & murder the Muslims they were surely intolerant enough to prevent them from preaching (what would be to the Meccans) intolerant gibberish in the first place. The fact that Muhammad was allowed to continue gaining followers over the course of a decade suggests that this violent victimisation (which appeared in the histories as a result of Muslim revisionism) may not be all it appears.

Jedster

[QUOTE="Kirran, post: 5070610, member: 56297"
As for the Baha'i's focus on the treatment of animals - they'd be vegetarian then, wouldn't they.

EDIT: This is spinning off the discussion in your loyalty to humanity thread.[/QUOTE]

POI
A Bahai friend has told me that one of their prophets (I think it was Bahá'u'lláh) said that all humanity will eventually become vegetarians and that we are not yet ready.

Kirran

Premium Member
POI
A Bahai friend has told me that one of their prophets (I think it was Bahá'u'lláh) said that all humanity will eventually become vegetarians and that we are not yet ready.

Ah yeah, I've heard that! That's cool - one would think his followers would hasten to fulfil that.

Jedster

Not closely! But I know plenty are not vegetarian.
Actually, I now remember the conversation I had about vegetarianism and I went away with the impression that what Bahá'u'lláh meant was that peoples' consciousness will rise and they will end up being vegetarian, eventually.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Not ready? Just when will you be ready then? Too much like 'tomorrow never comes' syndrome.

Of course you're ready . Everyone is ready. Many are just too scared of something to take that step.

Jedster

Not ready? Just when will you be ready then? Too much like 'tomorrow never comes' syndrome.

Of course you're ready . Everyone is ready. Many are just too scared of something to take that step.

It wasn't me that said that. :eek:
I was stating how I understood what Bahá'u'lláh said.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
[QUOTE="Kirran, post: 5070610, member: 56297"
As for the Baha'i's focus on the treatment of animals - they'd be vegetarian then, wouldn't they.

EDIT: This is spinning off the discussion in your loyalty to humanity thread.

POI
A Bahai friend has told me that one of their prophets (I think it was Bahá'u'lláh) said that all humanity will eventually become vegetarians and that we are not yet ready.[/QUOTE]

That's not a law. But we are told man is not meant to eat meat.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Ah yeah, I've heard that! That's cool - one would think his followers would hasten to fulfil that.

This is only one quote about meat. There are many more.

“Truly, the killing of animals and the eating of their meat is somewhat contrary to pity and compassion, and if one can content oneself with cereals, fruit, oil and nuts, such as pistachios, almonds and so on, it would undoubtedly be better and more pleasing”

Excerpt From: Compiled by the Research Department of the Universal House of Justice. “Health, Healing and Nutrition, a Compilation.”

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
This flies in the face of the fact that the Meccans tolerated Muhammad berating their religious beliefs for 13 years. If they were intolerant enough to oppress, torture & murder the Muslims they were surely intolerant enough to prevent them from preaching (what would be to the Meccans) intolerant gibberish in the first place. The fact that Muhammad was allowed to continue gaining followers over the course of a decade suggests that this violent victimisation (which appeared in the histories as a result of Muslim revisionism) may not be all it appears.

The fact they had to flee as refugees to Abyssinia where a Christian king granted them asylum shows their true plight. And the fact they were granted asylum shows the king was apprised of their true situation, one of oppression and utmost cruelty, and he refused to hand them over even though the Meccans were allies.

Every Prophet of God is persecuted. Christ was crucified and Baha'u'llah was exiled for forty years. Muhammad was no different.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
So. L of H, are most Bahai vegetarian?

I'm trying to be and find it's a gradual thing where I enjoy natural stuff more than meat. I'm loving soy milk much more than cows and things like beans I enjoy a lot more than a steak.

I remember when I visited the Hare Krishnas and has Lasse and prashadam, that was the best vegetarian food I tasted in my life.

I believe Baha'is promote it and as we grow Bahá'í's will promote it in restaurants they own and it will eventually become universal. I certainly wouldn't kill an animal for its meat- never ever.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
These were Madrassas thus religion. Which Christians and other civilization did centuries before.

IA lot of scientific knowledge wwas passed on from the Arabs to Europe and the west. Universities, algebra, astronomy, the concept of a constitution, nationalism. The list is endless of Islamic contributions to the world too numerous to list here. Encyclopedias and historians have recorded these things so they can be referred to.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Is it really? The native people's of North America, due to the European Invasions, had much of theur knowledge erased by the gun. Knowledge of herbs, of nature, of cultivars, of a loving God and gods, and more. Isn't that a great loss to humanity? In some aspects we've been losing ground, not gaining ground. All because of aggressive egocentric points of view wiping out knowledge.

Yes I fully agree that was a backward step but that's not to say we won't from our mistakes and try to correct these injustices.

But we Bahá'í's are told that if the native Indians of North America can change the entire world they are so spiritually endowed. And that still stands so all is not lost.