• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muhammad spread his religion and peace with the minimum human loss

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Quranic verses are to be understood from the verses in the context.
These are not to be used to gain power and or used as a tool of politics. Muhammad was never interested in power or in occupying lands. Please
Regards

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
So your say non of these verses are practiced in the Muslim world, its not a game of who has massacred the most people, we are talking about old Muhammad and his wicked ways.

If the Quran were truly practised in the Muslim world there would be peace and prosperity in the Middle East.

Muhammad's Teachings fostered the national state. Nationalism and nation building came as a result of Muhammad's Teachings.

The first constitution in the world was the Medina constitution and the very first universities with degrees were Muslim.

"Now as to Muḥammad, the people of Europe and America have heard certain tales about the Prophet, to which they have given credence even though the providers of these accounts, many of whom belonged to the ranks of the Christian clergy, were either ignorant or ill-intentioned”

“Likewise, a number of ignorant Muslims relayed unfounded tales concerning Muḥammad..

“For example, a foolish individual once told a Christian priest that the proof of true greatness lies in surpassing bravery and bloodshed, and that in a single day one of the followers of Muḥammad had beheaded a hundred men on the battlefield! This led the priest to surmise that the proof of Muḥammad’s religion consisted in killing, which is nothing but vain imagination. On the contrary, Muḥammad’s military expeditions were always defensive in nature.”

Excerpt From: Bahá, Abdu’l. “Some Answered Questions.” Bahá’í

psychoslice

Veteran Member
If the Quran were truly practised in the Muslim world there would be peace and prosperity in the Middle East.

Muhammad's Teachings fostered the national state. Nationalism and nation building came as a result of Muhammad's Teachings.

The first constitution in the world was the Medina constitution and the very first universities with degrees were Muslim.

"Now as to Muḥammad, the people of Europe and America have heard certain tales about the Prophet, to which they have given credence even though the providers of these accounts, many of whom belonged to the ranks of the Christian clergy, were either ignorant or ill-intentioned”

“Likewise, a number of ignorant Muslims relayed unfounded tales concerning Muḥammad..

“For example, a foolish individual once told a Christian priest that the proof of true greatness lies in surpassing bravery and bloodshed, and that in a single day one of the followers of Muḥammad had beheaded a hundred men on the battlefield! This led the priest to surmise that the proof of Muḥammad’s religion consisted in killing, which is nothing but vain imagination. On the contrary, Muḥammad’s military expeditions were always defensive in nature.”

Excerpt From: Bahá, Abdu’l. “Some Answered Questions.” Bahá’í
I don''t don't really know what to believe, the Christians have a lot of bad stuff in their scriptures as well, but you don't see radical Christians stoning each other or killing all those who are against their God. I know that there is bad stuff also in the Koran, its seems like Muslims are behind the times, that is with radicals, why can't we just keep our religions to ourselves and leave everyone else alone, I myself despise most religion and where I see fundamentalist I will voice my opinion onto them every time, it needs to be wiped of the face of the earth.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
"Minimum" human loss? So some degree of loss of human life is somehow acceptable in spreading a doctrine?
My thoughts exactly.

Also, the ancient Sikhs and Buddhists would sure like to learn that they only think that Islaam opposed them violently.

There must be a fascinating history about how the recorded history (including that of the Muslim side) is all wrong.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I don''t don't really know what to believe, the Christians have a lot of bad stuff in their scriptures as well, but you don't see radical Christians stoning each other or killing all those who are against their God. I know that there is bad stuff also in the Koran, its seems like Muslims are behind the times, that is with radicals, why can't we just keep our religions to ourselves and leave everyone else alone, I myself despise most religion and where I see fundamentalist I will voice my opinion onto them every time, it needs to be wiped of the face of the earth.

You will find it's like this:

True religion is all about being of good character, to be virtuous, serve others and humanity, be loving and caring to all and being trustworthy and truthful.

To be kind and good hearted is what all the religions have ever taught.

But over time religion like a tree withers and dies and no longer brings forth fruit.

That is why the Divine Gardener, God, renews religion for each age.

Today, Baha'u'llah has come to unite us all and to reconcile our differences so that we can live in peace.

Nope. Taoism and some other religions were spread with minimal human loss -- that is, virtually none. Islam -- along with some other religions -- incurred huge human losses.

You can argue that, at times, Taoism spread by actually reducing human loss.

Ch'iu Ch'u-chi the patriarch of the Ch'iian-chen sect of Taoism gained special privilege for members of his sect from Ghengis Kahn who believed they had knowledge about prolonging life:

The Taoist priest Ch'iu Ch'u-chi . . . originally had no "method of the Way." There was a man named Liu Wen, with the style name Chung-lu, who earned the favor of T'ai-tsu (i.e., Chinggis Khan). . . . [Liu] presented medicine to the Khan and said that Ch'iu was more than three hundred years old and possessed methods for preserving and prolonging life. (Ch'iu Ch'u-chi and Chinggis Khan - Tao-Chung Yao)

Due to this, members of the sect were given certificates to carry so they would not be harmed. These certificates drew people to the sect, and it was even made illegal on pain of death to join the sect simply to obtain a certificate. This doesn't seem to have stopped the sect from issuing them to new converts though and over time this led to a significant expansion in the sects size.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You will find it's like this:

True religion is all about being of good character, to be virtuous, serve others and humanity, be loving and caring to all and being trustworthy and truthful.

To be kind and good hearted is what all the religions have ever taught.

But over time religion like a tree withers and dies and no longer brings forth fruit.

That is why the Divine Gardener, God, renews religion for each age.

Today, Baha'u'llah has come to unite us all and to reconcile our differences so that we can live in peace.

"That is why the Divine Gardener, God, renews religion for each age."

Yes, religion is renewed whenever its light is dimmed due to people becoming mislead and they become excessively worldly. They forget God, so the message is renewed by G-d.
I agree with what I have colored in magenta.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Muhammad was never trained to be a soldier. He was a tradesman and had no big ambitions. He was busy in himself, praying in reclusiveness and was a happy person .

Regards

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Seeing the figures of human causalities in “the most murderous century ever” one must note here that Muhammad spread his religion and peace with the minimum human loss, if he and his followers would have not been attacked aggressively; there would have been no human loss.
Muhammad had no intention to capture any lands or to be a king.Right? Please

Regards
#32 of respected friend Augustus, thanks and regards to him .
and post #43 paarsurrey, one may like to read them.
Well, this is certainly one of your more hilarious threats, @paarsurrey

Muhammad came to power through armed conflict. Your own records of these events clearly illustrate this fact. Are we supposed to ignore them?

buddhist

History is mostly irrelevant. It is interpreted in different ways by different people.

What matters most is the here-and-now. What are the current fruits of self-identified followers of Muhammad in the world?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
As have many others before and since, none of them successful.

Hi Vinayaka. I am happy to meet you. You are a Hindu? I believe in Krishna too very much so and have the Bhagavad-Gita and love it and consider it as my own Holy Book.

I am also looking for Hindu scripture similar to the Dhammapadda which has spiritual and moral teachings in the form of meditations but that are scripture.

For instance Baha'u'llah wrote "In the garden of thine heart plant naught but the rose of love" and there are equivalent passages in Buddhism and Christianity - beautitudes.

I want something from Hindu scripture to meditate on sometimes as I consider Hinduism a Divine Religion and so it is an integral part of my own beliefs.

The Bhagavad-Gita is so beautiful. But of course I would like to read more if you can recommend any good online sites.

As far as whether Baha'u'llah will succeed in uniting humanity only time will tell. Namaste.

India is so beautiful. We've been there twice. But I always get Delhi belly. Lol

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Hi Vinayaka. I am happy to meet you. You are a Hindu? I believe in Krishna too very much so and have the Bhagavad-Gita and love it and consider it as my own Holy Book.

Thank you. I've been to India twice as well. I'm not a Vaishnavite, so the Gita isn't my 'first choice' book, although its wonderful. As you may know, Hinduism is an umbrella term.

'Time will tell' applies to many things.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Thank you. I've been to India twice as well. I'm not a Vaishnavite, so the Gita isn't my 'first choice' book, although its wonderful. As you may know, Hinduism is an umbrella term.

'Time will tell' applies to many things.

What book is your first choice? Do you believe in Krishna and is there a website with more information?

Baha'u'llah's Teachings opens minds, hearts and souls so one is more likely to be at one with life and others and this unites hearts rather than polarizes them.

We are only a small world community but the effect of Bahaullah's teachings upon humanity has been enormous. The unity of religion and unity of mankind ,concepts He taught, have only become relevant in this age of world communication.

The possibility greatly exists for us to all learn and accept each other's religion. So humanity, via the internet, is getting to know each other and accept each other's beliefs.

We live in a remarkable age.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
What book is your first choice? Do you believe in Krishna and is there a website with more information?

We live in a remarkable age.

For mystic philosophy, the Tirumanthiram would be my first choice, and for ethics it would be the Tirukkural. They are both of the Saiva Siddhanta tradtion within Hinduism, particularly the Tirumantiram. The Tirukkural has wider appeal as its ethics.

We don't promote much or proselytise.

As for Krishna, its not the name for God I commonly use. For me, that would be Shiva. They are essentially the same thought, at the deeper level. Both are Supreme and by definition, that would make them the same. You can't have two winners of a race.

As for Bahai, I've always been turned off by excessive promotion (among other things) as with the other 2 aggressive Abrahamic faiths. I do admire the commitment to ahimsa though ... so far, so good.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
For mystic philosophy, the Tirumanthiram would be my first choice, and for ethics it would be the Tirukkural. They are both of the Saiva Siddhanta tradtion within Hinduism, particularly the Tirumantiram. The Tirukkural has wider appeal as its ethics.

We don't promote much or proselytise.

As for Krishna, its not the name for God I commonly use. For me, that would be Shiva. They are essentially the same thought, at the deeper level. Both are Supreme and by definition, that would make them the same. You can't have two winners of a race.

As for Bahai, I've always been turned off by excessive promotion (among other things) as with the other 2 aggressive Abrahamic faiths. I do admire the commitment to ahimsa though ... so far, so good.

Thanks very much for the information. The urgency in getting the Bahá'í teachings distributed is because there exists in abundance harmful thoughts of prejudice which creates wars, suffering and conflict and we seek to heal this sickness through promoting oneness.

The only way to eliminate the darkness of ignorant prejudice is to shine the light of the oneness of all beings. Hate must be conquered with love and war with thoughts and sentiments of peace.

While the world's thoughts are violent we can have no inner or outer peace. By spreading a positive, altruistic sentiment throughout the world we are purging it of its violent and harmful tendencies.

It's a matter of helping people to become spiritual and rise above bodily instincts.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Urgency for you, maybe, which is sad if you see patience as a virtue. It's easier in faiths that have reincarnation as a belief, I think. Still, we follow ahimsa first, and make sure we maintain ourselves as examples to the world. Hindus, the vast majority, are exceptionally tolerant, as indicated by the location of your own House of Justice, as I recall. (perhaps incorrectly) Of course we view tolerance differently. For us it is far more a 'live and let live' attitude than having everyone conform to some sense of Oneness, or other philosophical ideas, promoted by various groups.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Urgency for you, maybe, which is sad if you see patience as a virtue. It's easier in faiths that have reincarnation as a belief, I think. Still, we follow ahimsa first, and make sure we maintain ourselves as examples to the world. Hindus, the vast majority, are exceptionally tolerant, as indicated by the location of your own House of Justice, as I recall. (perhaps incorrectly) Of course we view tolerance differently. For us it is far more a 'live and let live' attitude than having everyone conform to some sense of Oneness, or other philosophical ideas, promoted by various groups.

By oneness we too mean 'live and let live'. It's about accepting our diversity and not expecting everyone to be the same.

Problems arise when people think that only they are right and all others wrong. We need to be accepting of our diversity instead of fighting over it all the time.

Our principle of 'unity in diversity' is equivalent to live and let live.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Chris Rock spreads his message with 0 human loss. So where do we go from here? Do we all start following Chris Rock?

Odd, isn't? You'd think a messenger of God could do better than a loud mouth comedian.