• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muhammad protected Jews

Flankerl

What about the Constitution of Medina?

Only exists within Islamic sources.
What is historical is the complete disappearance of the Jewish tribes around Medina by 627. Mohammed arrived in Medina in 622.
The Banu Qaynuqa and Banu Nadir were both expelled soon after Mohammeds arrival.

That left the Banu Qurayza as the only Jews left.

When an Arab attack force lead by Meccan tribes besieged Medina they had the help of many other Arab tribes and the two Jewish tribes who were expelled.
What supposedly happened was that the Banu Qurayza betrayed Mohammed and after the siege failed their time was over.
They then surrendered to Mohammed.

Every single man was executed, 600-900 men.
All women and girls were taken as slaves.

Not even Islamic sources are sure whether any Jews betrayed Mohammed or not.

The wikipedia page on The Jewish Tribes of Arabia also seems to be missing reference to Mohammed's involvement in the killing of Jews?

So they all just vanished in a couple of years.
Probably vaporised.

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
In my experience, when a poster resorts to a litany of personal attacks.........Can you continue without resorting to any personal attacks?

I take it, you have strong evidence to back up your outrageous claim there?

As for it being repetitive, it just is.

No wonder why, how's those scholars working out for you? You do know what the word "Qur'an" means right? What was the origin of "book" again? (something about a madman and a recitation)

As for it being totalitarian, again this is self-evident if you've read the book.

Again, you're going to bring hard evidence to that claim because your evidence has been nil so far. All you have is opinions and silly, dried out insinuations.

Islam is not simply a religion, it is a way of life.

So is Buddhism, I'm glad you've opened your eyes :)

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
From www britannica com

Constitution of Medina, document from early Islamic history based upon two agreements concluded between the clans of Medina and the Prophet Muhammad soon after the Hijrah (Latin: Hegira), or emigration, to Medina in AD 622. The agreements established the muhājirūn, i.e., the early Muslims who followed Muhammad, on a par with the eight clans of Medina (called the anṣār, or “helpers”); collectively, the nine tribes formed the first Muslim community (ummah). The agreements also regulated the relations of the Muslims with the Jews of Medina.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I take it, you have strong evidence to back up your outrageous claim there?

No wonder why, how's those scholars working out for you? You do know what the word "Qur'an" means right? What was the origin of "book" again? (something about a madman and a recitation)

Again, you're going to bring hard evidence to that claim because your evidence has been nil so far. All you have is opinions and silly, dried out insinuations.

So is Buddhism, I'm glad you've opened your eyes :)

On this topic at least, it seems clear we can't have any sort of fruitful exchange, see ya around RF.

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
On this topic at least, it seems clear we can't have any sort of fruitful exchange, see ya around RF.

More dodging, classy. Full intellectual prowess on display.
Still waiting on that long list of things, when you're ready to be mature about this.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
More dodging, classy. Full intellectual prowess on display.
Still waiting on that long list of things, when you're ready to be mature about this.

When you stop sea-lioning you might have some interesting discussions on this forum. But as long as that's your tactic, you probably won't.