• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mueller says many news stories about investigation are wrong

Shaul

Premium Member
Robert Mueller: ‘Many’ news stories on Trump-Russia probe are wrong

“Special counsel Robert Mueller’s office is warning that “many” news articles on the Trump-Russia probe have been wrong.

The statement from a spokesperson did not single out particular stories. But the warning did come after media inquiries about a McClatchy News story on Friday that said Mr. Mueller has evidence that President Trump’s personal attorney, Michael Cohen, did in fact travel to Prague in 2016 as alleged by the Christopher Steele dossier.”

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

“Special counsel Robert Mueller’s office is warning that “many” news articles on the Trump-Russia probe have been wrong.

The statement from a spokesperson did not single out particular stories. But the warning did come after media inquiries about a McClatchy News story on Friday that said Mr. Mueller has evidence that President Trump’s personal attorney, Michael Cohen, did in fact travel to Prague in 2016 as alleged by the Christopher Steele dossier.”
What? The media is getting stories wrong? No way, Jose!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I wonder if the late night cheap shot artists will light Mueller up on his claim of fake news.
Making a mistake is not "fake". Speculating is not "fake". Lying is "fake". He did not accuse the media of lying but of making a mistake. And given the God Emperor donny "pravda" propaganda media, it's unclear who he's referring to.

Unlike the right wing, I want to give him time to do his job and to see what results from it before making a judgement. The politically correct right does not and has prejudged him.

suncowiam

You gonna post all things related to Mueller now? Or pick and choose?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I wonder why Mueller doesn't just tweet everything he finds so people dont have to guess whats going on!!
Now there is a revolutionary idea. Do the entire investigation ON Twitter and thereby cut the media out of the loop!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What? The media is getting stories wrong? No way, Jose!
Unheard of. We all know the media is a bastion of reliability and accuracy.

The media story about the media getting stories wrong is pure fake news!

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

If only some news stories were as transparent as some posts. :)

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Making a mistake is not "fake". Speculating is not "fake". Lying is "fake". He did not accuse the media of lying but of making a mistake.

Mistakes are made and speculation is not news, what is disingenuous is putting out a big line of garbage and then quietly rescinding and apologizing for the story later after the facts come to light and they have no choice but to, but the damage has already been done. Once in a while it could be passed off as a mistake but the same routine time after time seems a bit suspect, no wonder trust in media is at it's lowest in years.
Standard_Template_WithCover_040617

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
But there's no way for us to know if that's the connection.

Two sources say they saw Cohen in Prague, but are those sources credible? I haven't a clue, but there's at least a chance that maybe Mueller knows.

BTW, Cohen presenting his passport on Hannity's show was just a smokescreen because if Cohen went there from Germany he wouldn't be asked to show his passport. And yet he and Hannity made a big to-do about that, undoubtedly to convince those who many not be familiar with the EU laws.

But that's Fox for ya.

tytlyf

Not Religious
But that's Fox for ya.
Yep, always leaving out that little context that debunks the whole agenda. Fox is successful because the audience won't bother learning that information. And Fox wouldn't want to tell them, may hurt the intent.

Shaul

Premium Member
Because I post one I have to post them all? I don’t have time for that. So pick and choose it is. You are welcome to post about any you feel need to be posted too that I miss.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Because I post one I have to post them all? I don’t have time for that. So pick and choose it is. You are welcome to post about any you feel need to be posted too that I miss.

It is funny how some demand fairness and equality all the while being unfair and unequal when it comes to something they support or dislike, we have seen it for years here.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Certainly you have to admit that this was a pretty strange thing for Mueller to comment on. My guess is so much of the blather about the case is erroneous that he felt compelled to speak about it. Obviously, he can't just come out and state which stories are baloney without revealing what he knows, as that would cause yet another firestorm of speculation and probably hurt his ongoing investigation.

suncowiam

Certainly you have to admit that this was a pretty strange thing for Mueller to comment on. My guess is so much of the blather about the case is erroneous that he felt compelled to speak about it. Obviously, he can't just come out and state which stories are baloney without revealing what he knows, as that would cause yet another firestorm of speculation and probably hurt his ongoing investigation.

This is my understanding that he is objectively investigating possible collusion with Russia. This story doesn't prove or disprove that because it doesn't declare why.

The OP and maybe some others are simply making assumptions.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
This is my understanding that he is objectively investigating possible collusion with Russia. This story doesn't prove or disprove that because it doesn't declare why.

The OP and maybe some others are simply making assumptions.
Much like the talking heads in the media. That he didn't name one news outlet or target a given narrative is quite telling.