• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mueller Report Released. Thoughts?

sealchan

There is nobody on gods green earth who does not lie.

That being the case, so what, and now what?

That is the sort of cynicism that I find deeply distressing...does morality not count for anything any more?

For those who may be taxpayers, the cost of
pursuing Clilnton's lies and the Trump whatever
must be at least a hundred million dollars.

Clinton lost to someone who no one really thought would win because of her covering up. Trump should loose next time around for the same reasons.

I'll take a bruised apple over a rotten one any day and call it a moral victory.

sealchan

One of the Interesting Things, in the report? Was that tЯump did-- 5 times-- demand that his minions go commit a crime, by firing Mueller & Co.

The fact that his peons did not commit the crime in question, only excuses *them*-- the Supreme Court ruled long ago that "I was following orders" isn't an excuse. So they were saving their own hides, here.

The fact that tЯump ordered them to do the crime? Should be impeachable. Alas, the GOP lacks the Integrity and the Democrats lack the backbone ... so tЯump continues to tweet his life away...

Notebook: Had this been a Democrat, of whom we have actual evidence, he ordered Crimes to be Committed-- 5 times?

The GOP would even now, be building the scaffolding on which to hang him without the formality of a trial...

I don't think it is fair to say that the Democrats lack the backbone...their constituents know who Trump is and they also don't necessarily want their representatives over focused on what can't be done in favor of trying to get something more constructive done.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The swamp creature created a swamp and the result stinks. The sun also came up this morning. Crimes were committed by the current administration and some people are in prison because of them. The crime boss was apparently saved by a few who refused his orders at the time.

Notebook: Had this been a Democrat, of whom we have actual evidence, he ordered Crimes to be Committed-- 5 times?

The GOP would even now, be building the scaffolding on which to hang him without the formality of a trial...

Yup. The right spent uncounted money investigating nothing and the right-wing media spent endless hours ranting about how awful the nothing much really was.

Now, of course, let's just forget about it is the chant. And they want the House to get back to business which, of course, they've been doing passing quite a few important bills only to have the NO NO NO sayers in the Senate refusing to take an "up or down vote" on.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Many have predicted proof of guilt....or proof of innocence.
What have you seen?

I won't read anything that long, so I depend upon y'all.
Trump and his family colluded with the Russians and obstructed justice (and still doing so with the stoodge of a DOJ). That's the long and the short of it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That is the sort of cynicism that I find deeply distressing...does morality not count for anything any more?

Not to some who find getting power to get their way the only morality.

Even some so-called Christians are praising the current regime as the best and thus denigrating George Washington and Abraham Lincoln to name just a couple.

The attempt to tear down everything that has made the USA a great nation and a beacon to the world will ultimately fail but there will no doubt be great suffering until virtue is reestablished and a positive direction resumed.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I think that we can be fairly confident that there was no technical collusion although there is clearly collusion "of the heart". Obstruction is left as a real possibility and Congress is suggested as a rightful place to explore that further.

Also being a member of Trump's organization is like Hell for those with integrity and compassion.

That's my summary of the summaries I've read.

Hahaha..."collusion of the heart...". Good one, S. Made my day. It must really suck to wake up every morning realizing that Trump is still the President of the United States and there's not a blessed thing you can do about it. But, take heart, you'll have your shot in 2024.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
It's gotten ridiculous. CNN, and MSNBC = Trump is guilty and evil. FOX news = Trump is innocent and the best President ever. I don't watch any of those anymore. Been watching Chicago PD and Killing Eve instead. At least I know that those are just for entertainment.

Wow! Accidentally ran across "Killing Eve" a couple of weeks ago. Got hooked in the first five minutes. Took me forever the find the entire first season without paying an arm and leg for it.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Try what I'm doing....
Don't read the report.
Don't give weight to baseless claims.
See what winds up in court.
Everything else can be dismissed.
Since when does a President (or any rich and powerful person) get an unfavourable verdict in the courts? How many of the Wall Street went jail for ruining the lives of a hundred million people in 2008? Look at Bellarscuni or Netanyahu. People with great power and great wealth are for all intents and purposes beyond the reach of laws. Always been that way. We can at best limit the influence of the most corrupt of them in the corridors of power.

Audie

Veteran Member

Clinton lost to someone who no one really thought would win because of her covering up. Trump should loose next time around for the same reasons.

I'll take a bruised apple over a rotten one any day and call it a moral victory.

I am not being cynical. I keep hearing about
"Trump lies".

Is there some deliberate deception on his part that
is of serious consequence?

I recall Hillary saying over and over that
the "birther" thing was a "racist lie". Is this
a deliberate deception of serious consequence?
Other than the usual poisoning of discourse and
politics in general.

I dont see the racism or the lie, other than
hers, saying it.

As for why Trump should lose, I am not
too picky. I will accept most any reason. :D

Depending on the opposition, which might be
worse. It can be done, alas.

Audie

Veteran Member
Hahaha..."collusion of the heart...". Good one, S. Made my day. It must really suck to wake up every morning realizing that Trump is still the President of the United States and there's not a blessed thing you can do about it. But, take heart, you'll have your shot in 2024.

Sing it!

sealchan

Agreed...except for 2024.

sealchan

I am not being cynical. I keep hearing about
"Trump lies".

Is there some deliberate deception on his part that
is of serious consequence?

I recall Hillary saying over and over that
the "birther" thing was a "racist lie". Is this
a deliberate deception of serious consequence?
Other than the usual poisoning of discourse and
politics in general.

I dont see the racism or the lie, other than
hers, saying it.

As for why Trump should lose, I am not
too picky. I will accept most any reason. :D

Depending on the opposition, which might be
worse. It can be done, alas.

It sure sounded cynical.

Trump lies. Trump is a braggart, a bully, an insecure narcissist. He says stuff just to get a reaction, attention, to create drama. He is most definitely a drama queen par excellence (or should I say drama king?). However, his attitude, his voice and the will behind that voice is also supported by the dignity and power of his office and sometimes his words turn into real actions (when those who know better don't refuse to act) such as family separations at the border, putting millions of hard working people in fear of being deported (DACA, dreamers). This makes his lying a weapon, a threat. His example an influence of people who hate. And that weapon is directed at anyone who is not with him.

Trump had no evidence that Obama wasn't a natural born U.S. citizen and even when evidence was produced he continued to lie. That is lying with intent. That is the worst form of lying. If Trump doesn't represent the archetypal example of a liar then the word has no meaning whatsoever.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Since when does a President (or any rich and powerful person) get an unfavourable verdict in the courts?
Off hand, I can think of Martha Stewart.
How many of the Wall Street went jail for ruining the lives of a hundred million people in 2008? Look at Bellarscuni or Netanyahu. People with great power and great wealth are for all intents and purposes beyond the reach of laws. Always been that way. We can at best limit the influence of the most corrupt of them in the corridors of power.
I'll say that any who commit crimes should be tried.
Too many exceptions are made for those in government.

David1967

Premium Member
Wow! Accidentally ran across "Killing Eve" a couple of weeks ago. Got hooked in the first five minutes. Took me forever the find the entire first season without paying an arm and leg for it.

I got lucky. They played all of the first season on BBC America before starting season 2. I bing watched it. Tiring, yet fulfilling.

Audie

Veteran Member
It sure sounded cynical.

Trump lies. Trump is a braggart, a bully, an insecure narcissist. He says stuff just to get a reaction, attention, to create drama. He is most definitely a drama queen par excellence (or should I say drama king?). However, his attitude, his voice and the will behind that voice is also supported by the dignity and power of his office and sometimes his words turn into real actions (when those who know better don't refuse to act) such as family separations at the border, putting millions of hard working people in fear of being deported (DACA, dreamers). This makes his lying a weapon, a threat. His example an influence of people who hate. And that weapon is directed at anyone who is not with him.

Trump had no evidence that Obama wasn't a natural born U.S. citizen and even when evidence was produced he continued to lie. That is lying with intent. That is the worst form of lying. If Trump doesn't represent the archetypal example of a liar then the word has no meaning whatsoever.

I dunno if there has been a US president since Truman
who was not a most egregious narcissist. And I dont
recall a specific birther lie. You could fill me in if it matters.

THAT SAID, I can hardly disagree with your assessment
of the man, though I think the issues run to a lot more
serious than the relatively superficial stylistic
flourishes he brings to bear.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I find it meh....