• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ms. Monopoly-Abortion Pill

Bob Jones

Prove It!
I was really surprised to read that the owners of the famous game Monopoly(invented by a women) has now created a Ms. Monopoly. The game empowers the female protagonist with more money and a better paying job than the male counter part. I would suggest that this is sexism at its best.

In California a new law has been proposed requiring state universities to distribute the abortion pill for free upon demand to any student. I have always been of the opinion that the job of universities was to educate students, not sponsor a defacto abortion clinic.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I was really surprised to read that the owners of the famous game Monopoly(invented by a women) has now created a Ms. Monopoly. The game empowers the female protagonist with more money and a better paying job than the male counter part. I would suggest that this is sexism at its best.

In California a new law has been proposed requiring state universities to distribute the abortion pill for free upon demand to any student. I have always been of the opinion that the job of universities was to educate students, not sponsor a defacto abortion clinic.
[click]

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
SOURCE: Ms. Monopoly is supposed to empower women. Critics say it does the opposite

I mean, it's not exactly sexism if it's baked into the rules as an illustration of gender disparity in pay. Misguided, perhaps, and a very clumsy way of addressing the gender pay gap, but not necessarily sexist.

It's really just a marketing gimmick, in my opinion, to draw a bit more attention to the product. Seems to be working.

SOURCE: California state lawmakers pass bill requiring public universities to offer abortion pill on campus

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Which "morning after pill"? There are two different types. Plan B is not an abortifacient. It prevents ovulation:

How Does the Morning-after Pill Work?

Also, from a Christian perspective even the alternative should be okay since God does not appear to be against chemical abortions. He permitted them in the Old Testament Hebrew temples.

Edit: I went to the source and it appears that RU-486 would be included too. That is an abortifacient, but again not to worry. It is okey-dokey with the Big Guy:

Mifepristone - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

How does it feel to read the news 24/7 and keep blowing it out of proportion and living in fear due to hyperbole and paranoid propaganda?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When women take time out from the game to mind
the kids, men will still end up winning more money.