• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mr. Trump Cuts Off Funding to the World Health Organization in the Middle of a Pandemic

Notanumber

A Free Man
What does this have to do with anything I said? And why do you have a problem with any of this?

Can you explain how multiple authorities lording over the same pool of people and resources are a good thing?

It answered your question.

The West needs a new and effective pool of people and resources, not the failed WHO.

You are assuming that your interpretation of reality is the objectively correct one.

No, I'm assuming we have some ability to tell whether or not some actions work in the real world without having to rely on large bureaucracies to do our thinking for us.

If you disagree with the science, it's because the science is wrong. Correct?

No idea where you got this from. What 'science' am I disagreeing with?

If the theory disagrees with the reality, then chances are the theory is wrong though.

How did you arrive at the objective knowledge that they were "a bad idea"? Did you bring it forth ex nihilo from your brain alone, or did you derive it from sources that you selected based on your personal political views and subjective bias?

What told you that these sources were the correct ones, and their spread sufficient for your objectively correct judgement? Did the idea come to you as divine inspiration, ex nihilo spark of genius, or did you derive it from other sources which you selected based on your personal political views and subjective bias?

I would have preferred that some traders made a bit less money and the global economy didn't crash ruining the lives of millions of people and forcing us all to bail it out. That's a value judgement, as is preferring fewer people die from coronavirus.

You may think that wrecking the global economy to enrich a small number of people was 'right' and that more people dying is 'good', and that would be your prerogative.

Human society is generally far too complex for 'objective' judgements, and everyone has their own biases, even 'authorities'. That doesn't mean we can't think for ourselves though.