• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mr Rogers!!!

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay, so in Australia, Mr Roger's Neighborhood didn't really air here. But I have seen some clips, and my god, the man is more wholesome than Sesame Street!!!
The wonderful Tom Hanks is portraying Mr Rogers in an upcoming biopic, which I'm sure will win all sorts of awards.
So my American counterparts, thoughts?
watch

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I can say that I appreciate him a lot more now as an adult than I did as a child. I thought the show was painfully boring, but I was also an insufferable little snot.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I noticed some of his puppets had penises for noses, never trusted the guy since!!

David T

Premium Member
One of those decent humans plating a decent human... Thatz way way way to much decency for me in one locality..bad casting.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Okay, so in Australia, Mr Roger's Neighborhood didn't really air here. But I have seen some clips, and my god, the man is more wholesome than Sesame Street!!!
The wonderful Tom Hanks is portraying Mr Rogers in an upcoming biopic, which I'm sure will win all sorts of awards.
watch
Very excited. I think Tom Hanks was the perfect pick for this role.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
His show was absolutely fantastic! He was very persistent and adamant that things in his "make believe land" are just that, just as all characters and stories on TV are. He discussed hard and even painful life topics that even most adult shows won't touch. He challenged crap social norms with the most polite "middle finger" you'll ever see. I loved the show as a kid, and grew to appreciate it more as an adult as I learned of the whats and whys behind the show.

David1967

Premium Member
watch

I loved Mr. Rogers when I was a young child. I think Tom Hanks is a great choice to play him in the upcoming show.

Flame

Beware
I remember when Twitch was running a marathon of every Mr Rogers episode. I don't think I had anything else playing on the TV for a few weeks. :D

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
watch
Fred Rogers was an ordained Presbyterian minister. His show was great, I agree. :)

Bob the Unbeliever

watch

Fred Rogers was an Amazing human being-- he acted like he had tremendous empathy for anyone and everyone, and by all accounts, he did.

I watched the show with my little brother, but at the time, failed to appreciate the incredible scope of it's Life Lessons.

There are countless stories about Rogers' and how he would seek to interact with his fans-- even those who only wrote once. One of my favorites, was that a blind child wrote, worrying about the fish in a tank on the show. So the very next chance he had, he made a careful point of feeding the fish-- and mentioned the child's name.

A minor thing, really-- but if there was one child who thought of it? Likely there were many-- and it cost Rogers but a moment of his time to alleviate a child's worry.

I think that story is typical of him, really. A fine example of his Style.