• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Move Over Gingerbread--It's Ontbijtkoek!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sounds very good, but I want to try a Dutch Baby first (I guess it is because I am an atheist:D)

Many years ago there used to be a restaurant that was part of a chain the based their business on selling Dutch Babies. A truly impressive looking "pancake" is brought out but it does slowly collapse to an edible size.

How To Make a Dutch Baby Pancake

It's Ontbijtkoek--Dutch Peppercake--and it is delicious!
Ontbijtkoek (Dutch Breakfast Cake) - Savor the Flavour

Used to love that when I was a kid, but not eaten it in years. Would always eat it at my Oma's for breakfast when I stayed there on holidays. Should spread a nice thick layer of butter on it.

Quite fancy a slice now actually :grimacing:

Sounds very good, but I want to try a Dutch Baby first (I guess it is because I am an atheist:D)

Many years ago there used to be a restaurant that was part of a chain the based their business on selling Dutch Babies. A truly impressive looking "pancake" is brought out but it does slowly collapse to an edible size.

How To Make a Dutch Baby Pancake

The best dutch pancakes are poffertjes

Poffertjes-Dutch-Mini-Pancakes-5-of-6.jpg

Poffertjes (Dutch Mini Pancakes)

Gargovic Malkav

Used to love that when I was a kid, but not eaten it in years. Would always eat it at my Oma's for breakfast when I stayed there on holidays. Should spread a nice thick layer of butter on it.

Quite fancy a slice now actually :grimacing:

The best dutch pancakes are poffertjes

Poffertjes-Dutch-Mini-Pancakes-5-of-6.jpg

Poffertjes (Dutch Mini Pancakes)

I was actually thinking of poffertjes when @Subduction Zone was talking about Dutch Baby pancakes, but it's something else apparently.
I don't think I've ever seen that before.

pearl

Reminds me of Swedish pepparkakor cookies.
  • 3 ¾ cups
    All-Purpose Flour
  • 2 teaspoons
    Baking Soda
  • 1 teaspoon
    Cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon
    Ground Cloves
  • 1 teaspoon
    Ground Ginger
  • 1 teaspoon
    Ground Cardamom
  • 1 cup
    Butter
  • 1 cup
    White Sugar
  • ½ cup
    Brown Sugar (packed)
    Egg (beaten)
  • 2 tablespoons
    Dark Corn Syrup

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
My son wants me to make this for christmas, but add all kinds of dried fruit and nuts to it.

I need suggestions on what kind of booze I should soak each type of dried fruit in before adding it to the batter.

Types of booze I have on hand:
  • Gin
  • Canadian Whiskey
  • Bourbon
  • Peach Vodka
  • Vanilla Vodka
  • Kahlua
  • Scotch
  • Black Rum
  • Apply Pie Moonshine
  • Amaretto
Types of dried fruits I have on hand:
  • Golden Raisins
  • Dried Cranberries
  • Dried Apricots
  • Dried Mango
  • Dried Red Dates (Jujube)
  • Medjool Dates
  • Dried Cherries
  • Dried Figs

So far I have decided that the cranberries get soaked in gin, and the apricots get soaked in peach vodka, and the dried cherries get soaked in amaretto. I'm leaning towards the apple pie moonshine for the golden raisins. The rest, I'm not sure about.

Any suggestions?