• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mourners at funeral in Germany accidentally given hash cake

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Mourners reportedly needed medical treatment after a German restaurant accidentally served a hash cake to a funeral party

BERLIN (AP) — Police say a funeral in eastern Germany ended on an involuntary drug high when mourners were accidentally served hash cake.

Rostock police said Tuesday after the burial in Wiethagen, the funeral party went to a restaurant for coffee and cake, as is customary in Germany. But after eating the cake, 13 people experienced nausea and dizziness and needed medical treatment.

A police investigation revealed that the restaurant employee in charge of the cakes had asked her 18-year-old daughter to bake them. However, the mother accidentally took the wrong cake from the freezer to the funeral. She took a hash cake that the teenager had made for a different occasion.

The daughter is under investigation for baking a hash cake.

And if people were getting nauseous and dizzy from it, that cake must have been horrid.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Not that I'm admitting to anything illegal.
But hash brownies never made me nauseous.
I'm guessing that there's more to this story.
Tom
Some old folks who've never tried it before, totally unfamiliar with the effects, may have reported it as 'nausea' not knowing how else to describe what they were feeling. It may well have been quite disconcerting to them.