• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Motorist avoids paying tolls with "license plate flipper"

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Motorist dodged paying nearly $5,500 in Houston tolls with ‘license plate flipper,’ police say

Houston cops have arrested a man they say avoided paying nearly $5,500 in tolls on Houston roads with an illegal “license plate flipper.”

Preston Talbot, 27, of Houston, was stopped Thursday for avoiding a toll on the Sam Houston Expressway and charged with a misdemeanor, police said.

“He would activate this device, putting a flipper down in front of his license plate, so the cameras at toll plazas couldn’t read his plate,” Harris County Constable Mark Herman told KHOU-TV Friday.

Herman said Talbot owes $5,473 in unpaid tolls.

I never heard of these things before. License plate flippers. It reminds me of the guy that wore a monkey mask so that he couldn't be identified by the traffic cameras when speeding (Driver in monkey mask once racked up 37 speed-camera tickets in Phoenix area). He was eventually caught, too.

Jumi

There was a man who got caught by cameras multiple times, but he blamed it on his twin. In the end neither had to pay.

Jumi

I wonder what they got to say if they're caught with stealth or flipper plates even if they've not done anything else...

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
You used to be able to buy online the infrared devices used by emergency vehicles that automatically turn traffic lights green.

David1967

Premium Member

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I wonder what they got to say if they're caught with stealth or flipper plates even if they've not done anything else...
I imagine they are illegal in numerous jurisdictions (as is often the case with things that obscure the license plate).

Last edited: