• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Motivation of Christianity

What is the incentive to being christian?

If Christian means disciple of Jesus as it originally was, my motive is that Jesus is great King and I want to follow him. He is good and wise and truthful.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If Christian means disciple of Jesus as it originally was, my motive is that Jesus is great King and I want to follow him. He is good and wise and truthful.
so is lao-tzu, siddhartha gautama, cyrus, even daniel referred to nebuchadnezzar as a great king.

so what is the quid pro quo that you get for following jesus. the reward?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
A new heart in an everlasting kingdom of pure love is the promise.

whirlingmerc

but you can do all that as a zoroastrian, yazidi, druze, muslim, jew, baha'i, sikh, et al. why become a christian?

Jesus coming back from the dead does show that 'the check cleared' as far as 'payment for sins'

Do you see a like example in another view?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
well....if ever I saw a man walk on water....
I would not let Him out of my sight

I would dread having to sleep
what?....wake up and find Him gone....!!!!!

but that's a myth.....right?
can't happen
didn't happen

still....there are those parables He taught....

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Jesus coming back from the dead does show that 'the check cleared' as far as 'payment for sins'

Do you see a like example in another view?
uh huh

Mansur al-Hallaj

Matthew 23:35
That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
well....if ever I saw a man walk on water....
I would not let Him out of my sight

I would dread having to sleep
what?....wake up and find Him gone....!!!!!

but that's a myth.....right?
can't happen
didn't happen

still....there are those parables He taught....
evidently walking on water and turning it into wine is known among other eastern sages of antiquity

syo

The people who invented christianity were heavily pagans. Christianity is a branch of paganism, like a deteriorate paganism. It's also popular.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The people who invented christianity were heavily pagans. Christianity is a branch of paganism, like a deteriorate paganism. It's also popular.
most systems incorporate ideas from other systems.

Please explain, on what basis Christianity is paganism?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Please explain, on what basis Christianity is paganism?
Judaism was influence by Babylonian, Egyptian, Canaanite, Zoroastrian, and Greek influences.

christianity was obviously influenced by greek ideas too.

its a no brainer