• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother wanted to teach son to trust cops, but they give him a brain injury.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Cops shouldn't interact with people who aren't
neurotypical. They lack training to respond
appropriately. They often get triggered & become
excessively violent.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=police+arrest+autistic+boy
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=police+arrest+deaf+
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=police+arrest+diabetic
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=police+arrest+elderly
The list of vulnerable people suffering
at the hands of cops goes on.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It sounds like the department is withholding it, as they often do when they get dirty.
Typical cop tricks are...
- Charge fees, sometimes exorbitant, for reports & camera footage.
- Redact the footage.
- Delete the footage.
- Drag their feet.
- Deny & discourage.

This case is very recent. I await its being
covered on youtube by Audit Zone or Lackluster
channels. They provide pretty good legal analysis.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

One should not trust someone just because they are a cop. She said she wanted him to feel comfortable around a cop. If so she should have taught him to be obedient to whatever instruction are given by the police. That is the only way anyone is ever going to feel comfortable around cops. If you are not obedient to their instructions, things are going to get uncomfortable real fast.

Cops are train to take control of any situation. Probably really hard to change that even if off-duty.
Moral, unless you are very good at and comfortable with taking instructions, don't hang out with cops.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One should not trust someone just because they are a cop. She said she wanted him to feel comfortable around a cop. If so she should have taught him to be obedient to whatever instruction are given by the police. That is the only way anyone is ever going to feel comfortable around cops. If you are not obedient to their instructions, things are going to get uncomfortable real fast.

Cops are train to take control of any situation. Probably really hard to change that even if off-duty.
Moral, unless you are very good at and comfortable with taking instructions, don't hang out with cops.
Alternatively, know your rights well enuf to
make informed decisions about when to
obey, & when to refuse to obey. This is
better because obeying some unlawful
orders will just make things worse, eg,
answering questions that could incriminate,
allowing unwarranted searches (which are
an opportunity to plant evidence).

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
. That is the only way anyone is ever going to feel comfortable around cops. If you are not obedient to their instructions, things are going to get uncomfortable real fast.

That sounds exactly like dictatorship obedience.

And there was a very recent thread about how those on the autism spectrum can have a hard time when stressed. Anything but perfect obedience can set off a sadistic cop.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Alternatively, know your rights well enuf to
make informed decisions about when to
obey, & when to refuse to obey. This is
better because obeying some unlawful
orders will just make things worse, eg,
answering questions that could incriminate,
allowing unwarranted searches (which are
an opportunity to plant evidence).

We are talking about children though.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
That sounds exactly like dictatorship obedience.

And there was a very recent thread about how those on the autism spectrum can have a hard time when stressed. Anything but perfect obedience can set off a sadistic cop.

Sounds like survival to me.
The autistic probably shouldn't be purposely left around cops.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Better, IMO, to avoid injury or worse.
Even as an adult, well versed in the laws, it is a risk.
There are risks obeying as well as disobeying.
One must be aware of them, & act accordingly
to one's goals. For auditors, their goals would
differ, sometimes even provoking.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

The child was autistic. As a father of an autistic child myself, I can attest that one simply doesn't "instruct them to be obedient". Considering that interacting with the public is part of a cop's job, they should know how to handle autistic citizens.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The child was autistic. As a father of an autistic child myself, I can attest that one simply doesn't "instruct them to be obedient". Considering that interacting with the public is part of a cop's job, they should know how to handle autistic citizens.

Yes, like I said in a previous post, one shouldn't purposely leave an autistic child around the police.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Too often, cops expect immediate unconditional
obedience. When they don't get it, the response
is of the "they had it coming" variety.
Instead, they should think....
How can I get the necessary & legal compliance with
minimal coercion, thereby serving the populace?

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
There are risks obeying as well as disobeying.
One must be aware of them, & act accordingly
to one's goals. For auditors, their goals would
differ, sometimes even provoking.

From what I've seen, disobeying is the greater risk but no choice is going to be without risk.