• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother of NYC heiress paid 'deprogrammer' big bucks after daughter 'brainwashed' by college's woke a

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The typical N Ameristanian "liberal" is quite illiberal
in many ways, eg, pro-war, racist, sexist, ignorant
of science. This differs from using the same word
to denote being progressive & permissive.

A liberal who tries & fails to implement oppressive
leftist policies doesn't cease to be liberal just cuz
they fail at it.

She was trying to a play a part she wasn't suited to play. It would be like casting Paul Reubens to play the role of Tommy DeVito in Goodfellas.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Mother of NYC heiress paid 'deprogrammer' big bucks after daughter 'brainwashed' by college's woke agenda (msn.com)

I'm not sure what to make of this one.

I didn't even know there were "deprogrammers" to deprogram people brainwashed by the woke agenda. $300 a day? As Jeff Spicoli would say "Righteous bucks."

In addition to the deprogrammer, she enlisted the help from her daughter's former tennis coach. It "might take seven years before Annabella would revert to her old ways of thinking."

Now, she's fundraising for PragerU?

I almost thought this was some kind of parody story, but I guess it's real, at least as far as anything is real. But this whole idea of a "deprogrammer"? I've heard of deprogrammers for people who have been caught up in cults, and I've heard horror stories in relation to that.

I'm not sure if we're getting an accurate glimpse of what goes on at Mount Holyoke.

Thoughts?
Excellent rate of pay; I want to be a deprogrammer.

PureX

Veteran Member
I knew of a guy years ago that got caught up in the 'Moonies' cult. In just two weeks they owned his mind. It was scary to witness.

Fortunately, he was in the US on a college visa, and a friend of his figured out how to contact his folks back in Japan, and they had his visa pulled, forcing him to go home. And it took them two years to get him back to himself! And he was only with the Moonies for a couple months.

I would not want to be a 'deprogrammer'. I think it would be very exhausting and frustrating, with a significant failure rate.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
DC217B08-A36A-4451-A4CB-0F4B6E65113D.jpeg
I knew of a guy years ago that got caught up in the 'Moonies' cult. In just two weeks they owned his mind. It was scary to witness.

Strewth. It would be interesting to know what techniques they use. The founder's son seems to have a new take (as per photo)

- https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/moonies-cult-war-heirs-clash-25207070

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Really? £240 a day is good money round these parts. (Average being £74, plenty of jobs less than that). Call it what you want. ;)

Well, if we're talking an 8-hour shift, $300 a day amounts to $37.50 an hour, which is actually not too bad. However, it wouldn't be enough to send one's children to an Ivy League school or any of the Seven Sister schools.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So I saw an hilarious segment on Fox "News" with an interview with this girl who claims she was brainwashed by the "woke left" college she attended.
She said she unbrainwashed herself by watching five minute snippets of Prager U video clips.
Then Jesse Watters said something about he doesn't want angry surgeons giving him a sex-change operation as some sort of revenge or something. (Huh?)
Then he went on to say that women should stop cutting their hair short and get married already!

Very enlightening stuff, I must say. o_O Sounds like the story of the century!