• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother God

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Do you believe God is just as much a tender mother as a loving father? (If you believe in God)
download (13).jpeg
download (12).jpeg

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I relate much better to G-d as a masculine figure.

PureX

Veteran Member
Patty was a little red haired Irish Catholic girl growing up in Main. Her mother, who had a beautiful voice, used to sing for hours as she did the housework. When Patty went to school, one of the nuns, there, told her that when people sing, the angels are singing through them. So when Patty heard her mother sing, she heard the angels singing through her mom, and it was a marvelous thing.

Patty's old Irish grandma's name was Mary, and she was a tireless servant of her family. One of those 'old school' women who would do anything for her brood. Because her grandma's name was Mary, Patty always thought of her as the personification of Jesus' mother, Mary.

When Patty grew up, she became an extraordinarily gifted singer-songwriter. Patty is Patty Griffin, and she wrote this song about her grandmother, and about what I like to call the "feminine divine".

Last edited:

susanblange

Do you believe God is just as much a tender mother as a loving father? (If you believe in God)
View attachment 31575 View attachment 31576
There are a lot of OT scriptures that identify the God of Abraham as a woman. The strongest argument I have is Jeremiah 33:15-18. "...and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The Lord our righteousness. For thus saith the Lord; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel..." The ignorant will say that the "she" refers to the city of Jerusalem. The word Lord is in capital letters meaning it's translated from the Tetragrammaton. It's blasphemous to equate that to a city. It is the holiest name of God. Jeremiah 23:5-6 says the same thing almost verbatim except it says "he". Cities are always referred to in the female gender.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Patty was a little red haired Irish Catholic girl growing up in Main. Her mother, who had a beautiful voice, used to sing for hours as she did the housework. When Patty went to school, one of the nuns, there, told her that when people sing, the angels are singing through them. So when Patty heard her mother sing, she heard the angels singing through her mom, and it was a marvelous thing.

Patty's old Irish grandma's name was Mary, and she was a tireless servant of her family. One of those 'old school' women who would do anything for her brood. Because her grandma's name was Mary, Patty always thought of her as the personification of Jesus' mother, Mary.

When Patty grew up, she became an extraordinarily gifted singer-songwriter. Patty is Patty Griffin, and she wrote this song about her grandmother, and about what I like to call the "feminine divine".

Great post!

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Well, I'm a polytheist and my pantheon has a King (Zeus) and a Queen (Hera). I've certainly experienced Zeus as a very loving being; I'm sure Hera is as well but I don't have direct experiences with her.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
... Angels singing through the mouths of pretty red-haired girls. ;)
You say that half-joking I think, but I actually believe it. I believe Angels to be spirits that can use pretty red-head girls as mouthpieces and use their vocal chords to create heavenly melodies.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
View attachment 31575 View attachment 31576
The Creator, in my view, has no gender. It is an eternal power, spirit if you will, that is unknowable in terms of its full power. Humans identify with a father god in monotheistic Christian Judeo faith because the culture at the time was Patriarchal.
However, if God created man from the dust of the earth God had created first, and then created woman from the middle section of the man, the rib, that woman is still part and parcel of the God power, force, energy, that exists in that created by its Creator.

I have no problem with a Christian who refers to Goddess when referring to the Creator in the faith.
Fundy's however would strongly disagree and claim that means I'm not a "true Christian".
We were first called Christian in Antioch Turkey. (Acts of the Apostles chapter 11)
However, Jesus did not found Christianity. There is no Baptist denomination in scripture, no Methodist, no Pentecostal, etc...
Jesus taught the way of holiness.
Be ye holy as I Am holy. 1 Peter 1.
When God is a holy spirit Creator of male and female of and from the power , essence, energy, that is holy spirit one may use any gender pronoun they wish to feel that affinity with the all mighty. (Again, in my view)

PureX

Veteran Member
You say that half-joking I think, but I actually believe it. I believe Angels to be spirits that can use pretty red-head girls as mouthpieces and use their vocal chords to create heavenly melodies.
Yes, I believe those "angels" are within us all. If we would just trust them to use us.

susanblange

According to Isaiah, the Messiah will be made as a lamb for a sin offering upon his execution. Isaiah 53:7, 10. According to sacrificial law, this offering must be female. Leviticus 4:32. "And if he bring a lamb for a sin offering, he shall bring it a female without blemish". Malachi 1:14. "But cursed be the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth and sacrificeth unto the Lord a corrupt thing..."