• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mostly liking the new, young congresswoman “AOC”

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is, IMO, making some nice waves in DC. In a short time, she’s proven she can shift the Overton window in ways that I think are really healthy. I don’t think her proposals are perfect, but I don’t think they need to be. I think she’s energizing a lot of young people, and I think she’s doing a good job of some stealth education. For example, I’ve read a few times that people are learning what “marginal taxes” really means, for the first time.

InChrist

Free4ever
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is, IMO, making some nice waves in DC. In a short time, she’s proven she can shift the Overton window in ways that I think are really healthy. I don’t think her proposals are perfect, but I don’t think they need to be. I think she’s energizing a lot of young people, and I think she’s doing a good job of some stealth education. For example, I’ve read a few times that people are learning what “marginal taxes” really means, for the first time.
Really...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
....I’ve read a few times that people are learning what “marginal taxes” really means, for the first time.
I've been trying to get the concept across for years.
Btw, I was unaware that the world was going to end
in 2031 until she informed me.

Jumi

I don't know much about her, but her opponents have been loud and been making the name famous. That usually ends up just the opposite of what people think, just like happened with Trump.

Jumi

Loudness responding to loudness.
She's the left's new great white hope.
It's loud enough to hear in my corner of Europe, a very rare thing for a congressman or woman. Though of course our news has some funny interpretations. Not many of them really understand the US much better than the US news or political commentators understand us here...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's loud enough to hear in my corner of Europe, a very rare thing for a congressman or woman. Though of course our news has some funny interpretations. Not many of them really understand the US much better than the US news or political commentators understand us here...
I don't think our news even knows that Finland exists.

Jumi

I don't think our news even knows that Finland exists.
Well some right wing folks in the US seem to know us because of the winter war with Soviet Union and some left wing folks know that we have free education and healthcare. That's about it. :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well some right wing folks in the US seem to know us because of the winter war with Soviet Union and some left wing folks know that we have free education and healthcare. That's about it. :D
Tis for the best that our media leave you alone,
lest agenda laden stories be invented.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I admit it. I am a total AOC fanboy.:D

I like her ideas, but I love her energy and dedication.

And it is not just her, there is a very exciting movement going on, she is just part of it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Loudness responding to loudness.
She's the left's new great white hope.
I love the way she stands up and fires back. It's not about hope but about delivery. And while she's pwning the right, the multiple House investigations are quietly gathering steam. It's valuable to have someone like her.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I love the way she stands up and fires back. It's not about hope but about delivery. And while she's pwning the right, the multiple House investigations are quietly gathering steam. It's valuable to have someone like her.
Tis good to have something to enjoy.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Eh, she's ok.
It's nice having a congresswoman show up on a transgender charity stream by one of your favorite youtubers, too.
(context)

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, she has been excellent so far. Just the kind of Congresswoman USA needs. More like her should be elected in the future.