• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most trustworthy ?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No hes still alive .He rose again three days later according to the Scriptures( If we grant all claims equal ) Yes I also did not mean as the Romam Catholics believe .

You're reading from the menu. Reading the menu doesn't provide anything. It just says what food is available. If this really happened (or if there were real food), then you'd no longer need to refer to the menu (scriptures) as if it were jesus, but get the food from jesus' himself (from the scripture I posted). Since christ is not literally alive, and the menu cannot provide real food, the only way you can receive it is to project your inspiration (your love and joy) into the the menu while believing you're receiving something from an outside party when there isn't.

-

Roman Catholicism (and the like) have different take on Jesus being he is the Eucharist and he is literally consumed rather than as an analogy.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Yes that's why I'm making the point of who is most trustworthy. When I'm purchasing valuable items i check who selling and what they are selling ,so that what i receive is true and good . We have to trust the sales person to see what they are offering is genuine .
I fully agree with that, it all starts with trust and gradually I developed faith

And God did test me, because it took quite a few years of "trust & faith", before God Graced me with evidence of His Love and Power

Trust and Faith is not easy to develop, IME, especially when I got seriously ill. Luckily I was too ill for doctors to help me, so God was my own refuge. God took care of me, where doctors failed, hence I trust God much more than doctors (if it would have been the opposite, then I might have trusted doctors more than God). So, I am very grateful for the doctors who failed me:D, they 'gave' me a boost in faith in God.:cool:

John1.12

Free gift
I give up Barry, as i said I see Muhammad as trusthworthy
And the claims of Jesus? I'm saying ' by comparison ' .I'm not saying there is nothing to trust in Muhammad's claims. I'm simply looking objectively at the life of Jesus ( as claimed by the bible ) v the life of muhammed and can we say one is more trustworthy than the other . Based on their lives and such .

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I believe that Jesus Is the most trustworthy person ever . Like seriously 'ever '. We look across the landscape of historical figures, religious leaders , prophets , gurus , life coaches , kings , queens ,politicians , and anyone you would care to mention , and I make the claim that only one person stands way above the rest.
Now I'm referring to the biblical Jesus. The one that Christianity proclaims .
So for arguments sake, if we assume that all the claims of the religions are equally viable and their leaders / prophets/ figure heads existed and there sources ,reliable. If we grant all that and we simply base our judgments on ' trustworthiness. This would be on Character, reliability, promises , the extent in which they showed sacrificial love love , charity, giving , faithfulness, selflessness, and what they offered to the world on such things as , hope , joy ,peace , eternal life , ect .
So to recap . Which historical figure , religious or otherwise is / was the most trustworthy . The one if true would be the most trustworthy for such matters as described above ?

Buddha for sure. This is the epitome of Buddha or (selfless) Nature

John1.12

Free gift
How can I compare two different prophets when they teach different way to God? To me that has no value
Again that would be from the claims of Muhammed that Jesus was just a prophet. Your judging within your own worldview . Thats not the claims of the bible ( NT if you like ) or christianity. So again ( and fine if you object to this thought experiment) Muhammed v Jesus. Not Muhammed v the Jesus, Muhammed claimed to be .

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Again that would be from the claims of Muhammed that Jesus was just a prophet. Your judging within your own worldview . Thats not the claims of the bible ( NT if you like ) or christianity. So again ( and fine if you object to this thought experiment) Muhammed v Jesus. Not Muhammed v the Jesus, Muhammed claimed to be .
I have no reason to compare them. they are two different stand alone spiritual teachers. And i have chosen to follow Allah.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
If we are talking the person that folks have put their trust into the most, then yes, I'd say Jesus fills that role. That doesn't make him worthy of that trust, though; especially when historical Jesus is so elusive to find outside of a flawed book like the Bible.

I'm not sure I'd put absolute trust into any one person, actually. I love my parents and my family and friends, but they aren't perfect, and there's only so much they can do. I can't trust myself completely either, as I know that I can be wrong on a great many things - that's the nature of living in a subjective existence in a world with objective truths.

I think the only things worthy of trust is in the accumulation of knowledge, in actualizing my goals, and in replacing the flawed tools in my epistemological toolset with better tools so I can better sift through that knowledge to better actualize my goals. :) Those seem to be the things that get the most consistent results. Everything else can be tweaked or honed around that framework.

Like my dad would say "Bend, but don't break." I'm a work in progress until the day that I die, and that's kind of nice. :D

John1.12

Free gift
I have no reason to compare them. they are two different stand alone spiritual teachers. And i have chosen to follow Allah.
Would you say that it would be more wise to trust someone who was a sinner or someone who was without sin ? Someone that did sin v someone that never sinned ?You could add all sorts to this . Someone who lied ,even once v someone who never lied ,even once .

John1.12

Free gift
The goal for any religious practitioner is to become one who holds no sin, and i believe Muhammad did achieve this.
I meant ' never sinned ' . never did wrong, never lied , never coveted, never did wrong . If you could choose to give your belonging s ,your family ,your wife into the trust of someone who has sinned v someone that never sinned which would you choose?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
So Siddhattha Gotama v Jesus..You say Siddhattha Gotama is more trustworthy than any other ,including Jesus . Even though one of Jesus attributes was that he was without sin ?
Jesus showed us the way

The real question would be "are you trustworthy yourself"

You can debate your whole life, about whether Jesus is more/less trustworthy than Muhammad (or X)
But, unless Jesus manifests to you, it will be just your imagination/belief, never your own experience

So, I do not see use in debating "who is more trustworthy"
I see more use in improving myself to become more trustworthy
And when I am more trustworthy then maybe I am better equipped
To know "who is more trustworthy", or maybe it won't matter anymore

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I meant ' never sinned ' . never did wrong, never lied , never coveted, never did wrong . If you could choose to give your belonging s ,your family ,your wife into the trust of someone who has sinned v someone that never sinned which would you choose?
I can not say to someone in my family, You have to chose to follow Muhammad because i believe Islam is the best way for me. They are free to chose who they want to follow them self, If that is Jesus, Buddha, Or any of the other spiritual teachers know through history. that is their free choice.

You have chosen Jesus, Personally i have chosen to believe in the teaching through Muhammad through sufism.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Ok I had no idea that Siddhattha Gotama never sinned ?

I had no idea there was PROOF Jesus didn't. Dying for your sins, doesn't mean he was sin free. And any claims to the contrary from Scripture only makes the claim more suspect, as Scripture is purely man made. The only True way to know Trust and Trustworthiness, is to fall back to ones own Temple. Not Jesus/Scripture.

John1.12

Free gift
I had no idea there was PROOF Jesus didn't. Dying for your sins, doesn't mean he was sin free. And any claims to the contrary from Scripture only makes the claim more suspect, as Scripture is purely man made. The only True way to know Trust and Trustworthiness, is to fall back to ones own Temple. Not Jesus/Scripture.
Again ,that's not the discussion. If we grant all claims as valid and true then who is most trustworthy ? . The claim is made about Jesus that he fulfilled all righteousness, that he was without sin . He had to be to be the perfect sacrifice for sin . This doesn't prove the claim ,this is just the claims we are discussing. I'm granting Muhammad's, Siddhattha Gotama , Joseph Smith, Charles raze russel and such as true and valid for arguments sake . So taking all claims at face value. Including Jesus .