• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most trustworthy ?

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
6And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

17And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.

Hmm. That seems rather vague.

John1.12

Free gift
Either that or it was a post hoc attempt to show that this was a fulfilment of prophecy.

EDIT: By post hoc I mean inserted afterwards by the authors of these texts.
Psa 69:9

For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.
Psa 119:139

My zeal hath consumed me, because mine enemies have forgotten thy words.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Psa 69:9

For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.
Psa 119:139

My zeal hath consumed me, because mine enemies have forgotten thy words.

What words have God's enemies forgotten?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If your looking at every verse from the angle your reading it ,then you will never see the truth of it .
I do not know if you have read the Quran @Barry Johnson, maybe you already have answered it without me seeing it :) But do you think since you hold the Bible to be the truth (i do not say it is bad)
If you read the quran, do you think you may have a very sceptical view of it due to your own christian belief?
So maybe you and @The_Fisher_King do think similar but from very different P.O.V ?

Just a thought :)

John1.12

Free gift
I do not know if you have read the Quran @Barry Johnson, maybe you already have answered it without me seeing it :) But do you think since you hold the Bible to be the truth (i do not say it is bad)
If you read the quran, do you think you may have a very sceptical view of it due to your own christian belief?
So maybe you and @The_Fisher_King do think similar but from very different P.O.V ?

Just a thought :)
I believe if I'd never understood the Gospel or read the bible i could see things differently. Without a biblical perspective many truth claims seem very probable . Including the Quran