• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most "SCARY" invention of mankind. What is it?

chinu

chinu
Some atheists claim that religion is the one. Some theists claim non-religion is the one. Some people think the nuclear bomb is the one. Others think the nuclear bomb is necessary, thus it is a response to other things that are scary. Some people think that missiles are the scariest invention of mankind, while others call some missiles "peace keepers". Some people thought in history, the "lightning bringing stick" referring to the gun as the one. Some others may think a rebellion is the one.

What do you think is the scariest thing mankind ever invented? Why do you think that is?
MONEY :)
Because nothing replaces money.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
If a man fears to take responsibility for his actions, I think he is a child in big shoes.

Sorry for calling you sis. I thought you were someone else. Thats my mistake.

I like rabbits. They are cute. But I responded to your post thinking you were someone else in this thread, so thanks for responding but it was not meant to address you. I apologise for that.
You can be afraid for many reasons besides a fear of responsibility for the results of sex. What about a person that fears they lack the ability to be a good parent? How about someone concerned with the ability to be able to properly care for a child?

I am someone else. Apparently not the someone else you were thinking about.

firedragon

Veteran Member
You can be afraid for many reasons besides a fear of responsibility for the results of sex. What about a person that fears they lack the ability to be a good parent? How about someone concerned with the ability to be able to properly care for a child?

I am someone else. Apparently not the someone else you were thinking about.

Yeah. I figured you were someone else because of your anger. I guess there are a lot of fears in this world. Cheers.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Bloody hell. Thats also true.

Could I ask you a question based on that? What do you think are some serious or truly scary repercussions of dissemination as you said if "unknown reliability"?

Covid 19 misinformation. Misinformation about the Middle-East. Also it is very easy to take politicians and others out of context.
Then there are lots of "truths" about the afterlife claimed with unwarranted certainty.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Yup. Truly the depths of the damage that religion can do have not been given proper due to examine the full extent of the damage it can do.

There’s a lot of bad things a person in a position of trust can do,in the Catholic Church for example and exposure of paedophile priests,scary doesn’t cover it.

Immams calling for jihad or a fatwah for drawing cartoons by clerics,or a book or leaving Islam and becoming an apostate,there’s plenty of scary stuff,that doesn’t even scratch the surface.

firedragon

Veteran Member
There’s a lot of bad things a person in a position of trust can do,in the Catholic Church for example and exposure of paedophile priests,scary doesn’t cover it.

Immams calling for jihad or a fatwah for drawing cartoons by clerics,or a book or leaving Islam and becoming an apostate,there’s plenty of scary stuff,that doesn’t even scratch the surface.

1. Pedo priests
2. Imams calling for Jihad
3. Fatawas for cartoons
4. apostasy

Are the most scary human inventions in your opinion?

What do you think is the scariest thing mankind ever invented? Why do you think that is?

Maybe it is a government. Governments are like the power ring from the Lord of the Rings. Without governments, tyrants and oppressors would have much more difficult to rule and we would not have had wars. All evil things multiply in power with governments. That is why I think it is bad that people are planning one world government to rule them all, one government to find them, One government to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Maybe it is a government. Governments are like the power ring from the Lord of the Rings. Without governments, tyrants and oppressors would have much more difficult to rule and we would not have had wars. All evil things multiply in power with governments. That is why I think it is bad that people are planning one world government to rule them all, one government to find them, One government to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Hmm. I never thought from that perspective.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Some atheists claim that religion is the one. Some theists claim non-religion is the one. Some people think the nuclear bomb is the one. Others think the nuclear bomb is necessary, thus it is a response to other things that are scary. Some people think that missiles are the scariest invention of mankind, while others call some missiles "peace keepers". Some people thought in history, the "lightning bringing stick" referring to the gun as the one. Some others may think a rebellion is the one.

CRISPR. With the technology to alter the DNA of embryos, we control our own evolution. If that's not scary, think of the fact that this tech will be used by the wealthy to produce super humans, who will get all the advantages, while the poor will be dsciminated against much more so than has ever been seen. These new super humans may consider the poor to be a lower life form.