• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most "SCARY" invention of mankind. What is it?

firedragon

Veteran Member
I assume, when you say "scary" you mean that has the most potential for negative use?

Something that scares you.

You could say, that many religious people, for their own better understanding of their religion, they should learn more about how things work in reality.

I guess they do, and have done so in history.

I see it that way... if you fear non religion or religion, you are basically missing a lot out of the whole.
same goes for any other fear, if you fear rich or poor, you are missing a lot out of the whole.

So what would you pose as the most scary human invention?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Some atheists claim that religion is the one. Some theists claim non-religion is the one. Some people think the nuclear bomb is the one. Others think the nuclear bomb is necessary, thus it is a response to other things that are scary. Some people think that missiles are the scariest invention of mankind, while others call some missiles "peace keepers". Some people thought in history, the "lightning bringing stick" referring to the gun as the one. Some others may think a rebellion is the one.

What do you think is the scariest thing mankind ever invented? Why do you think that is?
I think it is the atomic bomb, Russia's Emperor bomb in particular, because it has the capacity to destroy the most people in the shortest amount of time and leaves many people suffering from radiation.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Christians, or rather 'so-called Christians' (aka Christendom) that teach permanent flaming agony forever and ever.
After the first century ended, then many fake 'weed/tares' Christians developed and they wrongly teach after-death fire.
Jesus taught in death there is 'sleep' ( No pain in sleep ) - John 11:11-14
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach 'sleep' in death (R.I.P.)
- Psalms 6:5; Psalms 13:3; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
Even the word cemetery means " sleeping place " Not torture place.
So, don't blame the genuine 'wheat' Christians, but the fake 'weed/tares' who are the MANY of Matthew 7:21-23.
MANY would come in Jesus' name but prove false.
Yeah......... SCARY, isn't it?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Pregnancy tests.

The only one I ever responded to with terror, ironically, was a false positive, and that was last year.

The unexpected out of wedlock pregnancy at 20 kinda made me giggle, even though it was supposed to make me feel bad, I guess. The next two positives were happy tests(though more conventional), but there was a lot of very sad negatives in the first few years of being married(we began to doubt it could happen).

But that one fluke... with Covid in full swing, and just having started homeschooling... well, that scared the crap out of me. (Though after I got used to the idea and then found it was negative, I was a little sad.)

firedragon

Veteran Member
The only one I ever responded to with terror, ironically, was a false positive, and that was last year.

The unexpected out of wedlock pregnancy at 20 kinda made me giggle, even though it was supposed to make me feel bad, I guess. The next two positives were happy tests(though more conventional), but there was a lot of very sad negatives in the first few years of being married(we began to doubt it could happen).

But that one fluke... with Covid in full swing, and just having started homeschooling... well, that scared the crap out of me. (Though after I got used to the idea and then found it was negative, I was a little sad.)

You're a lady? Dang. If its so, I think I have called you brother or bro or whatever many times.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you know how I can recognise a sister from a male in the avatar or something? See, I need to keep my foot out of my mouth long enough to reach for my tea sometimes.

I confuse people online sometimes because I use a traditionally male name. I understood this would happen when I chose it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think dogma is the scariest. It stifles questions, it's rule is absolute, and those ensnared in dogma are known for displaying anti-social behaviors in the name of their dogma.
Religion, nation, movement, whatever the source dogma is probably the scariest thing we have.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

Often, the waiting for the answer and the answer are depicted as frightening events for some. I think it may be a fear facilitated by circumstance. Some circumstances are better than others, but I suspect that varies with the individual.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Some atheists claim that religion is the one. Some theists claim non-religion is the one. Some people think the nuclear bomb is the one. Others think the nuclear bomb is necessary, thus it is a response to other things that are scary. Some people think that missiles are the scariest invention of mankind, while others call some missiles "peace keepers". Some people thought in history, the "lightning bringing stick" referring to the gun as the one. Some others may think a rebellion is the one.

What do you think is the scariest thing mankind ever invented? Why do you think that is?
Plastic.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I did not say it scared me, but my fear or lack of it is not the litmus test for what is widely scary to many people.

I definitely understand sis. Anyway I am a male, so if I pretend I understand feelings of a woman 100%, I am lying.

I will never ever be able to understand a woman's feelings when looking at a pregnancy test. She is gonna be a mother, and only she would know. Also I cannot understand a woman's feelings when she is testing not knowing this way or the other, wishing this way or the other.

All I know is women need to be worshiped for this simple matter.