• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most people in Sweden and Finland now want to join NATO.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If Finland & Sweden join NATO, would that
mean that Soros & Nazis would gain control?
(I'm learning so much on RF.)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
@Kooky said: Those tend to go hand in hand, I would argue.
Aup. says: India does not have any territorial ambitions. So, we have only economic / business interests. Other countries may have it (China - Taiwan, South China Sea).

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
@Revoltingest said: Do you really believe that they "have it coming", given the likely consequences of defense, & escalation to nuclear warfare, with USA, Britain, France, Germany, etc vs Russia?

Aup. says: My reading is that if Russia were to attack Estonia, NATO will still not declare a war on Russia.
Russia, China, N. Korea grouping is just as strong as NATO. NATO is now a paper tiger. It can certainly frighten Iraq and Libya, but nothing more.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
@Revoltingest said: Do you really believe that they "have it coming", given the likely consequences of defense, & escalation to nuclear warfare, with USA, Britain, France, Germany, etc vs Russia?
"Have it coming" was the term someone else used.
I don't recall which post, or the discussion. And
you didn't quote one of mine, so I don't know the
context for your question.

Speaking generally, I don't think any populace in
question deserves nuclear war. It's a leader or 2
who are misbehaving.
If Putin alone died such a death, I'd shed no tear.
Aup. says: My reading is that if Russia were to attack Estonia, NATO will still not declare a war on Russia.
But NATO should defend Estonia if attacked.
That's the agreement for member states.
Russia, China, N. Korea grouping is just as strong as NATO. NATO is now a paper tiger. It can certainly frighten Iraq and Libya, but nothing more.
USA is in NATO. You might check the relative
nuclear weapon status of your proposed alliances.
The MAD strategy would be in play.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
But NATO should defend Estonia if attacked. That's the agreement for member states.
USA is in NATO. You might check the relativenuclear weapon status of your proposed alliances. The MAD strategy would be in play.
Russia also will face the same dilemma. To attack Estonia or not. Whether it does or not, I do not know. I am no prophet.
Will the NATO countries defend Estonia if Russia attacks? Again, I am no prophet, I do not know. Only future will tell us.
Number of nuclear warheads do not mean much in a nuclear war. Just about 50 are enough even for US.
MAD is true. That will prevent a nuclear war.
Inia-Pakistan had a war with conventional weapons in 1999. No one thought of using nuclear bombs.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Russia also will face the same dilemma. To attack Estonia or not. Whether it does or not, I do not know. I am not a prophet.
Will the NATO countries defend Estonia if Russia attacks? Again, I am not a prophet, I do not know. Only future will tell us.
Number of nuclear warheads do not mean much in a nuclear war. Just about 50 are enough even for US.
MAD is true. That is what prevents WW III.
Numbers matter, even for nukes. It's beyond the scope
of this thread to explain the reasons why USA & Russia
have as many as they do. But even countries with fewer,
have deterrent value relative to countries with many.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Indian army went in to save Kashmir after the King, the most popular Kashmiri leader (Sheikh Abdullah) signed the letter of accession, and the people wanted India to save them from marauding tribesmen and Pakistani army who spared neither Hindus nor Muslims.
Do you know anything about Kashmir other than its name?
Their situation was no better than the situation of Ukraine today.
And that UN asked Pakistan to withdraw its forces before a plebiscite which Pakistan never did?
Kashmir militia in 1948 - Google Search
Pashtoon tribesmen, Kashmir militia
1.jpg
02b-wsdc-the-women-s-militia-at-srinagar-airfield-from-tahir-baba.jpg

Last edited:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Indian army went in to save Kashmir after the King, the most popular Kashmiri leader (Sheikh Abdullah) signed the letter of accession, and the people wanted India to save them from marauding tribesmen and Pakistani army who spared neither Hindus nor Muslims.
Of course. Nationalist conquerors always march in to "save" their new subjects from one threat or another.

The public profession of humanitarian motivations does not make it any less of a territorial interest.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Perceptions, as Hinduism says, are always false - 'maya', illusions.
And yet you have swallowed them hook, line, and sinker, because they appear more palatable than the material truth that underlies the fancy illusions in which we clothe our oppressors.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
And yet you have swallowed them hook, line, and sinker, because they appear more palatable than the material truth that underlies the fancy illusions in which we clothe our oppressors.
No, I do not. All that we experience is an illusion, including the Russo-Ukrainian war, part of the perceived world (Vyavaharika Satya - Pragmatic Reality). In the world of energy, atoms (Paramarthika Satya - Absolute Reality), Russia and Ukraine do not exist. That is the philosophy that I follow, Advaita Hinduism.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
No, I do not. All that we experience is an illusion, including the Russo-Ukrainian war, part of the perceived world (Vyavaharika Satya - Pragmatic Reality). In the world of energy, atoms (Paramarthika Satya - Absolute Reality), Russia and Ukraine do not exist. That is the philosophy that I follow, Advaita Hinduism.
Ah, that makes sense. For you, there is no conceptual difference between a fictional lie, and factual reality; so, there is no difference between nationalist propaganda intended to fool people into a certain course of action, and the truth, because there is no material truth for you to begin with.

In this sense, lies and truth are both equally real or unreal.
What we hear or see, therefore, doesn't matter; we don't need to check whether whatever we watch on the news is true or false, because everything is equally true and equally false. We don't need to confirm whatever our government says is true or not, because truth and falsehood are equally unreal.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Ah, that makes sense. For you, there is no conceptual difference between a fictional lie, and factual reality; so, there is no difference between nationalist propaganda intended to fool people into a certain course of action, and the truth, because there is no material truth for you to begin with.

In this sense, lies and truth are both equally real or unreal.
What we hear or see, therefore, doesn't matter; we don't need to check whether whatever we watch on the news is true or false, because everything is equally true and equally false. We don't need to confirm whatever our government says is true or not, because truth and falsehood are equally unreal.
No, that is an incorrect representation of the two realities.

In the perceived world, there are various Gods and Goddesses, various scriptures, various religions, various nations, various races and tribes. And there is competition and enmity. Material things exist only in the perceived world (Vyavaharika Satya - pragmatic Truth)

In absolute truth (Paramarthika Satya), nothing of this exists, no people, no animals, no trees, no stones or sand, no Gods, no scriptures, no religion, no Russo-Ukranian war, no NATO, no USA, no Russia, no Ukraine, no nations, no boundaries, not even the earth and or universe. What exists is just "physical energy'.

Both these are separate realities of different levels. They cannot be mixed up. Some people realize the difference, most remain oblivious of it.

Last edited:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
No, that is an incorrect representation of the two realities.

In the perceived world, their are various Gods and Goddesses, various scriptures, various religions, various nations, various races and tribes. And there is competition and enmity. Material things exist only in the perceived world (Vyavaharika Satya - pragmatic Truth)
"Perceptions, as Hinduism says, are always false - 'maya', illusions."

Based on this claim, everything maya is false and illusory.

Therefore, there is no difference between telling a truth and telling a lie, since they both refer to false, illusory perceptions and not real things. In other words, there is no difference between claiming that NATO attacked Russia, and claiming that Russia attacked Ukraine: they are both parts of maya, which, as you yourself have claimed, is "always false".