• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most Obscure DC Movie?

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
There are some I still need to watch and collect, though I've got a solid group from about the late 90s onwards (still a few I don't have, like Catwoman Hunted from a few months ago and probably a few others). But then you get things like Steel or Catwoman with Halle Berry (sp?), the Supergirl movie.

It's easy enough to get compilations, like for the first 4 Superman movies and Superman Returns (because same universe?), but individual ones are where it would be tougher, especially older stuff, like the 2 Swamp Thing movies in the early and late 80s, which I don't think are easy to find on DVD

For me, I feel like so few people know about stuff that would've likely just been straight to DVD, though arguably that's a lot of DC animated stuff these days, not unlike Marvel as well. I found a DVD of JLA Adventures Trapped in Time, which I watched probably...3-4 years ago, surprised it was on DVD at all, though there's lots of double features of stuff too, like The Batman v. Dracula and The Batman/Superman Movie (basically the Superman TAS episode that crossed over with Batman TAS).

One I really do want to get a DVD of is probably one of the oldest around anyway: the Batman 1966 movie which I still remember some lines from and some moments made memes (Bat Shark repellent)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Assault on Arkham and the animated Batman movie that immediately followed the 90s tv are pretty damn good
(Batman vs Mr Freeze I think it’s called)

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
Assault on Arkham and the animated Batman movie that immediately followed the 90s tv are pretty damn good
(Batman vs Mr Freeze I think it’s called)
You might be thinking of Mask of the Phantasm, it's regarded very highly in terms of the mystery and animation, plus it gives us the Phantasm, which just makes me hope we might eventually get the Reaper, which was in Batman Year...2, I believe? Batman's first magical foe, as it were, and an early enemy, possibly before The Long Halloween storyline even

Assault on Arkham is definitely still better than Suicide Squad 2016 was, and it's a tough split between AoA and The Suicide Squad, which I enjoyed pretty well

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
You might be thinking of Mask of the Phantasm, it's regarded very highly in terms of the mystery and animation, plus it gives us the Phantasm, which just makes me hope we might eventually get the Reaper, which was in Batman Year...2, I believe? Batman's first magical foe, as it were, and an early enemy, possibly before The Long Halloween storyline even

No, I actually meant Batman and Mr Freeze:Sub Zero. It’s a standalone sequel to Mask of the Phantasm (which is indeed an awesome movie) and the second movie in the DCAU.
Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero - Wikipedia
You should check it out if you haven’t already

Oh a Reaper adaption would be awesome!!
I think you’re right. Batman’s first magical foe, I’m pretty sure

Assault on Arkham is definitely still better than Suicide Squad 2016 was, and it's a tough split between AoA and The Suicide Squad, which I enjoyed pretty well
Amen to that lol
I didn’t mind Birds of Prey. It was advertised awfully though
I hope they adapt that in the animated universe sometime

Yeah I loved The Suicide Squad movie. A much better one than the 2016 version

Have you seen the second animated Suicide Squad movie?
It’s called Suicide Squad Hell to Pay. It’s pretty good

Last edited:

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
No, I actually meant Batman and Mr Freeze:Sub Zero. It’s a standalone sequel to Mask of the Phantasm (which is indeed an awesome movie) and the second movie in the DCAU.
Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero - Wikipedia
You should check it out if you haven’t already

Oh a Reaper adaption would be awesome!!
I think you’re right. Batman’s first magical foe, I’m pretty sure

Oh I love The Suicide Squad.
Have you seen the second animated Suicide Squad movie?
It’s called Suicide Squad Hell to Pay. It’s pretty good
I remember Sub Zero being good enough, though it kind of dragged in places, in spite of being regarded highly in giving a fresh new perspective for Victor Fries. It might deserve a rewatch, I viewed MotP way more as a kid and my parents can attest, I had parts memorized even though much of the intrigue went over my head until I watched it as an adult

It might've been Mad Monk if we're talking publication (back in the 40s or so), though I'm not much of a comic nerd in terms of continuity, since he was a vampire, seemingly. Chronologically in rough canon, it would probably be the Reaper, which was in Batman Year 2, but Reaper wasn't magical, seemingly, it was more that he used a gun, but was also a vigilante in the vein of Phantasm (not to be confused with Danny Chase from Teen Titans). Not sure if Batman had magical foes much in his early days in that canon that started with Year One that's vaguely acknowledged

And I must've mixed up Assault on Arkham and Hell To Pay, because the latter is my favorite (I'm a sucker for magical plots, like Justice League Dark's whole film and Constantine related stuff), though I recall Assault on Arkham being interesting in how it links to Batman Arkham Asylum, since it's in canon with that (you can tell from the designs). That one twist with a character's head blowing off was shocking as a teen, and even knowing it was going to happen in a rewatch, the general heist angle was pretty fun

Now that I'm thinking of Constantine, I still need to watch that terrible adaptation with Keanu Reeves, which I bought a few years ago. Probably one that many people don't realize is adapting a DC property, albeit I think Constantine was originally Vertigo, though that was a DC imprint that's now under the Black Label. I might be thinking of something else, like Wildstorm