• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most important fossil discovery in history

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Forget the T-rex, forget the mesosaurus, forget Lucy, Archaeopteryx and Tiktaaalik. Scientists in New Zealand have discovered perhaps the most important discovery in the history of archaeology, which could have significant, world-altering implications for all future research to come.

A giant penguin that stood as tall as a person has been identified from fossil leg bones discovered by an amateur palaeontologist on New Zealand’s South Island.

At 1.6 metres and 80kg (12st), the new species, Crossvallia waiparensis, was four times heavier and 40cm taller than the emperor penguin, the largest living penguin.

The penguin joins other oversized but extinct New Zealand birds including the world’s largest parrot, an eagle with a three-metre wingspan, 3.6 metre-tall moa birds and other giant penguins.

Enormous penguins are believed to have rapidly evolved in the Palaeocene epoch – between 66 and 56m years ago – after the dinosaurs disappeared and large marine reptiles also vanished from southern hemisphere waters that were much warmer than today.
SOURCE: Human-sized penguin fossil discovered in New Zealand

I propose we drop all other scientific endeavors and concentrate all research and funding into bringing this species back from extinction and creating a tourist-friendly habitat for them in the style of Jurassic Park, but with more petting areas and adorable costumes.

I'll see you all there.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought it was going to say Betty White went missing but was found safe. :D

ecco

Veteran Member
At 1.6 meters (5' 3") it's only a little bigger than an Emporer Penguin at 4' 3".

However, it is interesting to think about the size of the whales and sharks that ate these things.

David1967

Premium Member
At 1.6 meters (5' 3") it's only a little bigger than an Emporer Penguin at 4' 3".

However, it is interesting to think about the size of the whales and sharks that ate these things.

Yeah, the seas would not have been a friendly place to swim in those days.

shmogie

Forget the T-rex, forget the mesosaurus, forget Lucy, Archaeopteryx and Tiktaaalik. Scientists in New Zealand have discovered perhaps the most important discovery in the history of archaeology, which could have significant, world-altering implications for all future research to come.

A giant penguin that stood as tall as a person has been identified from fossil leg bones discovered by an amateur palaeontologist on New Zealand’s South Island.

At 1.6 metres and 80kg (12st), the new species, Crossvallia waiparensis, was four times heavier and 40cm taller than the emperor penguin, the largest living penguin.

The penguin joins other oversized but extinct New Zealand birds including the world’s largest parrot, an eagle with a three-metre wingspan, 3.6 metre-tall moa birds and other giant penguins.

Enormous penguins are believed to have rapidly evolved in the Palaeocene epoch – between 66 and 56m years ago – after the dinosaurs disappeared and large marine reptiles also vanished from southern hemisphere waters that were much warmer than today.
SOURCE: Human-sized penguin fossil discovered in New Zealand

I propose we drop all other scientific endeavors and concentrate all research and funding into bringing this species back from extinction and creating a tourist-friendly habitat for them in the style of Jurassic Park, but with more petting areas and adorable costumes.

I'll see you all there.
Nah, I would like to see one of these bad boys whip a great white sharks *** ! If your park put on bouts, I will be there !