• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most Illusory

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
What do you think is the world's most Illusory idea or concept?

I would say the idea of Freedom.

No matter how "free" one thinks they are, ones options/paths will always be constrained by ones past choices. And ones past choices are often affected by the constraints put on us that we are unaware of, such as Culture, Language and/or Upbringing, etc.

Therefore True Freedom, is Illusory. Freedom must always exist within bounds.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

No matter how "free" one thinks they are, ones options/paths will always be constrained by ones past choices. And ones past choices are often affected by the constraints put on us that we are unaware of, such as Culture, Language and/or Upbringing, etc.

Having an opinion counts.

It doesn't, really. Many people struggle to define this, that, or the other thing, either for themselves or those around them. In the end, few care to any great length what your opinion is. Honestly, they're more likely to care about the kind of person they think you to be, (a part of which is really you, and a part of which is their own perception of you).

I could spend the next three hours researching or arguing something or the other political, and make myself feel self important(another great illusion), but in the end my own conclusions are likely only meaningful to me.

King Phenomenon

Believing there’s nothing after death

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Vanity and Wrath are also illusory; though, I don't think they're more so than Freedom (aka Chaos).

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member

I don't think it's the most illusory idea, but it's up there on the list.
The most illusory would be in the range of the "god" concept.
With freedom, we (can) know its limitations and we can agree upon certain definitions. We talk about it and have all very similar ideas of what we are talking about. With god that seems pretty impossible except for very close people.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Believing there’s nothing after death
Nothing empty space said human theist.

Human living. Theist.

Human introduced unnatural death begins death in a different place. Inference nothing began first.

Human death science cause of constant bodily converting. Science after death notification.

Flesh removed after death.
Bones slowly convert after death. As science informed after death scenario.

Human says before life is the eternal does not own death.

I own that spirit when I die.

Said by a human.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

God. I may be biased on this though.