• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most accessible Nietzsche books

Rational Agnostic

I have read "The Antichrist" and "Twilight of the Idols" and found both of them to be very entertaining and fairly accessible for someone like me who is new to philosophy, although I disagreed with at least half of Nietzsche's assertions that he made in them. I tried starting "Beyond Good and Evil" and "Zarathustra" and realized that I don't have the time or background knowledge to get much out of them at this point. So, what are the best Nietzsche books (or any other philosopher, for that matter) to read for a beginner who does not have a lot of spare time? I have also been reading Bertrand Russell--much less rhetorical and emotional in his writing than Nietzsche, but obviously a much more disciplined and logical thinker.