• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moses said, Unto him ye shall hearken

Ehav4Ever

There has been kind of an unspoken rule among the Jews of this forum which has enabled us to coexist in peace with one another within the confines of this internet community. We acknowledge the significant differences that exist within the movements, we acknowledge and celebrate the significant things we share with one another and, on the forum at least, we abstain from throwing things at one another.

If you are intent on bad mouthing non-Orthodox expressions of Judaism, it is going get extremely ugly very quickly.

The conversation has been in the process of being moved to a private conversation. This was the last of what was to be in this thread.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I remember that you mentioned that. That is why there is no clear answer for you on what happened. Because the family you had who would have known took that information to the grave with them.
A general observation,
Yes, they have no memory now because they are not alive. And from what I read and perceive in the Bible, the dead know nothing at all. But just as at least two prophets brought back persons from the dead, so will God in the future bring back the dead, as Maimonides also believed. Isaiah 25:8 - "he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people's disgrace from all the earth. YHWH has spoken."
I suppose Maimonides read isaiah so he knew about a future resurrection.

YoursTrue

There has been kind of an unspoken rule among the Jews of this forum which has enabled us to coexist in peace with one another within the confines of this internet community. We acknowledge the significant differences that exist within the movements, we acknowledge and celebrate the significant things we share with one another and, on the forum at least, we abstain from throwing things at one another.

If you are intent on bad mouthing non-Orthodox expressions of Judaism, it is going get extremely ugly very quickly.
I didn't see any "bad mouthing." I guess it's in the hearing of each person to see or hear bad mouthing. I was a reform Jew, went to synagogue on a regular basis, but did not learn until much later that there really be fulfilled Isaiah's promise of a peaceful earth. Do you believe a peaceful new earth, as the prophet Isaiah foretold, will come about?

YoursTrue

I didn't see any "bad mouthing." I guess it's in the hearing of each person to see or hear bad mouthing. I was a reform Jew, went to synagogue on a regular basis, but did not learn until much later that there really be fulfilled Isaiah's promise of a peaceful earth. Do you believe a peaceful new earth, as the prophet Isaiah foretold, will come about?

YoursTrue

Instead of me stating what I think others think it is, I will let them speak for themselevs.
  • Mark 9:43: "If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out."
  • Revelation 19:20: "And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."
  • Revelation 20:10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."
  • Revelation 20:14-15 "Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire."
  • Revelation 21:8 "But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."
  • Hippolytus of Rome (d. 235) pictured Hades, the abode of the dead, as containing "a lake of unquenchable fire" at the edge of which the unrighteous "shudder in horror at the expectation of the future judgment, (as if they were) already feeling the power of their punishment". The lake of fire is described by Hippolytus unambiguously as the place of eternal torment for the sinners after the resurrection.
  • The Catholic Portuguese - Lúcia Santos reported that the Virgin Mary (Our Lady of Fatima) had given her a vision of Hell as a sea of fire:
    Our Lady showed us a great sea of fire which seemed to be under the earth. Plunged in this fire were demons and souls in human form, like transparent burning embers, all blackened or burnished bronze, floating about in the conflagration, now raised into the air by the flames that issued from within themselves together with great clouds of smoke, now falling back on every side like sparks in a huge fire, without weight or equilibrium, and amid shrieks and groans of pain and despair, which horrified us and made us tremble with fear.
I understand both with my heart and mind that King Solomon told the truth here at Ecclesiastes 9:5-10, when he said, "Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave,* [sheol] where you are going." There's lots more, but you can find it on www.wol.org, look up 'death.' The complete destruction of the wicked and their ungodly actions and ideas will be gone one day, never to return.

Kelly of the Phoenix

We can pretty much dismiss the Muslim claim that Muhammad is the prophet. Muhammad was not an Israelite, and it seems pretty clear from the text that the prophet mentioned would arise from amongst the twelve tribes of Israel.
There weren't twelve tribes by the end of Judah, though. Just two. Right?

In John 4, the woman of Samaria recognizes Jesus as that prophet. [verses 19-26]
Demons said he was too, but aren't demons liars?

As Jesus said, 'A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house'.
Prophets are a dime a dozen, though.

The miracle of the water into wine has a deeper significance, as Christ's Spirit is represented by new wine.
A. I was under the impression wine gets better with age.
B. Even as a metaphor, the miracle makes a party even drunker. Where was the benefit?

Is the son of God a man of corruption?
A. Is he not descended from the corrupted Adam and Eve?
B. He does a lot of sinning. Jesus' hands aren't clean if you're honest about the stuff he does.

The thing about prophecy is that it does work in cycles, but the culmination is the most perfect.
What if Jesus is just another part of the cycle? Everyone is the last prophet until the next one comes along.

That's obviously just a story about a simple conjuring trick, and that "the servants which drew the water knew" how the trick was done, even though it fooled the "well drunk" boozers.
Jesus is often portrayed in ancient pictures as having a magic wand.

Doesn't change the fact that Psalm 2:6-7 says that David was his god's begotten son as well as the Jewish king.
And supposedly the author of the Psalms, so we have a king who writes some poems about how awesome he is.

Moses was the greatest of the prophets, according to many Jews, because it was to him that the Torah was delivered.
A. Moses is fictional.
B. The scriptures he supposedly wrote can only be traced to the monarchy period of Israel, give or take. The kings and priests made up Moses and used his story to fight it out over secular vs clerical authority.

It just kills me how Moses is the "greatest of the prophets." He's a murderer and leads a riot and gets almost every Hebrew of his generation killed off in the desert. He SUCKS.

But I think there's more to being a prophet that just delivering the verbal message. Moses was used as the channel for God's signs and wonders, too. In fact, I believe it's consistently (I'm open to correction) the prophets through whom God works his miracles in the Tanakh.
But there are people who do magic who aren't prophets, though.

So, to recognize 'that prophet' which should come, we are not just looking for a great prophet like Moses, but also a prophet who demonstrates his office with signs and wonders.
Jesus said only wicked people look for signs and wonders.

In the New Testament, the Samaritan woman that met Jesus at the well [John 4] said to him, 'Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet'. Later she said, 'I know that the Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things'. Jesus said to her, 'I that speak unto thee am he'.
This is the woman who had to guilt trip Jesus into even helping because he was racist.

It seems to me that 'that prophet' prophesied by Moses must also be the Messiah.
Lots of people are messiahs in the bible. It only refers to anointed people. Persian kings could be messiahs.

I wonder if it will not be 'required' of all who choose not to listen. In John 5:46 Jesus said, 'For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me'.
But he didn't, because he didn't exist.

Can you not see that even Joshua was a 'type' of Christ?
Anointed? Yes. Another genocidal maniac? Also yes.

The names [Joshua/Jesus] mean the same thing, and whilst Joshua provides entry into the Promised Land, Christ provides entry into the Kingdom of God.
But Joshua and Moses failed, as just about everyone from their generation died in the wilderness and never even set foot in the promised land. And God was capable of getting people in Heaven without Jesus.

Do you not believe that the Hebrew scriptures pointed towards a Messiah?
The "Mosaic" scriptures were written throughout the monarchy and exile periods. If you realize that, you start to see in the texts how they are veiled references to the "current" audience for those texts.

The world is to exist six thousand years. In the first two thousand there was desolation; two thousand years the Torah flourished; and the next two thousand years is the Messianic era, but through our many iniquities all these years have been lost.'
But the Earth is much older than that and shall be much older still. Hindus are better at getting the correct ballpark figures than the bible is.

Why else did crowds gather to John [the Baptist] to ask if he were the Christ?
There were messiahs all over the place during Jesus' time. You couldn't get across the street without running into them.

Miracles are from God, and if you choose to mock the miracles of the New Testament you should be consistent and mock the miracles of the Hebrew scriptures, such as parting the Red Sea. But, hang on, that leaves the Israelites stranded in Egypt.
It doesn't really, because they weren't there. The only "Egypt" they could have been in was where Israel is now, because Egypt owned that land. It's like saying you will move out of the US by going from South Dakota to Maine. You haven't left the US. Also, the trip takes maybe a couple of weeks on foot. Moses is bad at roadtrips.

And David. Is David alive today? I don't think so.
Neither is Jesus.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Both claimed that Moses was speaking about Jesus Christ.
Doesn't. Make. Them. Right.

Christ claimed it referred to Him
If I claim Harry Potter is really about me, is it?

Does the son of Joseph precede the son of David on earth?
If he's the son of Joseph at all, he's not literally the son of Yahweh.

n other words a handful of people also thought that Jesus had an inherited right to be the Jewish king because of his link to David based on the genealogy for his adoptive father (Matt 1) and for his supposed biological father (Luke 3), even though paternity is just a matter of opinion.
The thing is, David and Solomon supposedly had so many wives and sex slaves that EVERYONE should've been of the line of David by Jesus' time. :p

Deuteronomy 18:15. 'The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him shall ye hearken;'
Jesus isn't supposedly "LIKE" Moses, though, which is partly why your argument doesn't work. Moses isn't a demigod.

Why, therefore, do both Peter (Acts 3:22) and Stephen (Acts 7:37) quote this verse when speaking to fellow Jews in the first century?
When speaking of the current US administration, people also quote the bible, even though the authors wouldn't have known anything about them:
pray-for-trump-psalm-109-8-may-his-days-be-few-29871642.png

I very much doubt that the common folk in the first century checked out Jesus' genealogy. What attracted the crowds was the authority of his teaching and the power of his ministry.
Sounds to me like they wanted free food and healthcare. They don't seem as interested in his teachings. Even Jesus notes his apostles don't understand his teachings.

Pontius Pilate, as Roman governor, probably heard all kinds of gossip about Jesus before he met him in person. When he met Jesus, he talked with him, but did not witness any miracles. He spoke with Jesus and could find nothing in his testimony worthy of crucifixion.
Pilate was so evil that the evil Romans banished him eventually for being such a jerk it made them look even worse.

Tell me, how was Joshua a prophet 'like unto me' (Moses)?
They were both genocidal maniac killers?

YoursTrue

Hi there, RabbiO! I was reviewing a few older posts, and came across a conversation you and I were having on this thread. But I did not see your answer, so I'm wondering if you, as a Jewish person, believe that God will bring about peace for all the earth. I believe that one day God will ensure His people (whoever they are) will enjoy the peace and happiness He originally intended for mankind. Perhaps you have heard of the "Isaiah Wall" outside the United Nations. It has inscribed the saying from Isaiah about peace.

YoursTrue

Yirmeyahu is completely different. There was a method at his time that came from the Torah on how to determine which side was telling the truth.

What I am asking is deeper than did the authors of the NT beleive in a literal lake of fire. I am asking for the method the left behind, either written or oral, for Christians to know what parts of their writings were symbolic and what was meant to be literal. For example, maybe the entire geneology of Jesus is symbolic and not to be taken literal. Especially given that there are two different geneologies with no written explain for why there are two different ones. Thus, maybe the are symbolic and not literal. Maybe the authors were not really trying to record a geneology in the first place but were using the concept symbolically and thus the author may not have been really trying to trace Jesus to King David or anyone before or after him.

Maybe, John 1:1-2 is also symbolic and Jesus is not meant to be thought to be god or demi-god or connected in any way to the Source of creation. This is what I am getting at with these questions.
Kind greetings, once again. The word 'god' can be applied to many different avenues of thought. Elisha and Elijah were not considered as gods, but resurrections were performed through them. Since I tend to be brief, I'll leave it there for the moment.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Hi there, RabbiO! I was reviewing a few older posts, and came across a conversation you and I were having on this thread. But I did not see your answer, so I'm wondering if you, as a Jewish person, believe that God will bring about peace for all the earth. I believe that one day God will ensure His people (whoever they are) will enjoy the peace and happiness He originally intended for mankind. Perhaps you have heard of the "Isaiah Wall" outside the United Nations. It has inscribed the saying from Isaiah about peace.
The Isaiah Wall is outside the United Nations because it is not connected to the U.N. The wall is inside a New York City municipal park.

It is said that if one is planting a tree and word arrives that the messiah has come, finish planting the tree and then go and see if it is so. I believe that G-d’s purposes will be accomplished - when and exactly how I leave that up to G-d. There are some things that are even above my pay grade.

YoursTrue

The Isaiah Wall is outside the United Nations because it is not connected to the U.N. The wall is inside a New York City municipal park.

It is said that if one is planting a tree and word arrives that the messiah has come, finish planting the tree and then go and see if it is so. I believe that G-d’s purposes will be accomplished - when and exactly how I leave that up to G-d. There are some things that are even above my pay grade.
That is nice to hear you believe God's purposes will be accomplished. Including everlasting peace.

YoursTrue

One can say many things of course, Lot's wife made an unfortunate move by turning around to look behind.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Yes, you are correct. NO English translation is good, even Jewish ones. At some point if you really want to know that the Tanakh is talking about you MUST read it in Hebrew. It also prevents a person from being fooled by way of translation. That is why Jews who are Torah based, even in English speaking envirionments, invest a lot in their children being able to read and understand Hebrew/Aramaic even if they don't use them as a spoken language.
I appreciate your zeal for reading in Hebrew, but you must, must understand that even among the Jewish population, many Jews do not read much if any Hebrew. I like Hebrew, I believe I will probably learn it someday, but I am satisfied with learning what I am now in and about the Tanach. Naturally I don't understand everything, even if I read it in Hebrew. Yet, as I said, I look forward to the possibilty that I will learn Hebrew someday, as God intended it to be understood. Aside from the concept of being able to read it in Hebrew, I think perhaps (you would know better than I) even in Hebrew, words have connotations that can be subtly different for the same word, applied differently also. I used to read the Bible in English, of course, before I began studying it with the Witnesses, and I liked it, but didn't understand much of it.

Ehav4Ever

I appreciate your zeal for reading in Hebrew, but you must, must understand that even among the Jewish population, many Jews do not read much if any Hebrew.

Given, that there pretty much in every city where a Jew is found there are at lest 10 Jews who do know Hebrew and Aramaic. Given that any Torah based Jew is normally ready and willing to help a Jew who doesn't know - it is no problem for a Jew to find another Jew to help them with understanding what the Torah states. Further, the work of any Jew is to make sure that if they didn't grow up with the Torah or don't currently know it they should insure that their children know Hebrew, know and keep Torah.

Further, because of the language gap that exists out of Israel, given that as Jews have an entire nation of Jews who know Hebrew here in Israel, I started doing videos on YouTube and I have taken part in forums, such as this one, to inspire others take up their ancestral birthright. The Torah is the inheritance of the entire Jewish people. I, like a number of others, are trying to inspire every Jew to take hold of that inheritance and cast their lot with Hashem, Torah, and Am Yisrael.

YoursTrue

Given, that there pretty much in every city where a Jew is found there are at lest 10 Jews who do know Hebrew and Aramaic. Given that any Torah based Jew is normally ready and willing to help a Jew who doesn't know - it is no problem for a Jew to find another Jew to help them with understanding what the Torah states. Further, the work of any Jew is to make sure that if they didn't grow up with the Torah or don't currently know it they should insure that their children know Hebrew, know and keep Torah.

Further, because of the language gap that exists out of Israel, given that as Jews have an entire nation of Jews who know Hebrew here in Israel, I started doing videos on YouTube and I have taken part in forums, such as this one, to inspire others take up their ancestral birthright. The Torah is the inheritance of the entire Jewish people. I, like a number of others, are trying to inspire every Jew to take hold of that inheritance and cast their lot with Hashem, Torah, and Am Yisrael.
I know many (Jews) who are not willing - not interested in learning Hebrew or the Torah. When you say 'cast their lot', that's saying an awful lot. And what IS the lot you're speaking of? I won't make any assumptions now, waiting for your answer. I also, and hope I'm not going beyond the moderation, why it is that "Noahides" do not become Jews. Any thoughts about that?
And yes, learning Hebrew and the sense of the matter can, of course, be of assistance, especially for -- teachers. :)

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I know many (Jews) who are not willing - not interested in learning Hebrew or the Torah. When you say 'cast their lot', that's saying an awful lot. And what IS the lot you're speaking of? I won't make any assumptions now, waiting for your answer. I also, and hope I'm not going beyond the moderation, why it is that "Noahides" do not become Jews. Any thoughts about that?
And yes, learning Hebrew and the sense of the matter can, of course, be of assistance, especially for -- teachers. :)
Noahides don't become Jews because it is not necessary to do so and becoming a Jew means taking on 613 laws and why should they do that when they don't have to.

Ehav4Ever

I know many (Jews) who are not willing - not interested in learning Hebrew or the Torah.

If this is the case, IF they are looking for what the actual text says most Jews know of Jews or Jewish communities that do know Hebrew and Tanakh who can answer their questions. Sometimes it is just a phone call, email, or family visit away. ;)

When you say 'cast their lot', that's saying an awful lot. And what IS the lot you're speaking of? I won't make any assumptions now, waiting for your answer.

Casting a lot in the sense of, "Decide to join someone or something and share in his or her fate. When someone casts his lot with someone or something, he is joining this person or this group and, therefore, joins the fate of these people." Not casting lots in the western English translation interpretation.

I also, and hope I'm not going beyond the moderation, why it is that "Noahides" do not become Jews. Any thoughts about that?
  1. First because there is no requirement for the world to become Jewish there is no pressure to become Jewish, or else. As stated earlier, the 7 mitzvoth are the baseline of all humanity - whether they agree, accept, or want it. It is like the software to the computer so to speak.
  2. Second, there is no mitzvah for Jews to actively convert non-Jews to become Jews who hold by Torath Mosheh. A Jewish can do it for whatever reasons they choose, but there is no commission to missionize the world to being a part of the Jewish nation.
  3. Third, if a Noachide were to convert to Torah Mosheh, as a Jew, they are not only accepting the national Torah standards upon themselves and their entire household they are also joining the Jewish nation in whatever state we are in at that time. If we are at our best then that is what we are and if we are at our worst that is where we are, for that moment. I.e. they are not joining a religion where they say a few words, give a testimony, and then go on their merry way - possible by themselves. No, they essentially would have to move into a Jewish area where there is a Torath Mosheh/halakha based community within walking distance, kosher food, marriage to someone who is Torah based, and the ability to raise their children as Jews in Torath Mosheh.
  4. Fourth, there are some Noachides who are already married with families and their spouse or children are not willing or ready to lives as Jews. I.e. the whole acceptance of holding by Torath Mosheh under the above stated conditions.
  5. Fifth, there are some Noachides who live in areas where there is no Torath Mosheh/Orthodox Jewish community. So, since they are not able to just up and move they are not able to convert to Torath Mosheh, as a Jew. As stated in 1 and 2 there is no requirement, from Hashem, for them to become Jewish. Being born, as someone without Jewish parents, makes them automatically "Noachides" if you will are citizens of the 7 Mitzvoth that Hashem commanded to the nations of the world.
  6. Lastly, there are some Noachides who have family who may be hostile to them becoming Jewish and said Noachides are not in a position to be able to stand up to the family.
There may be other reasons but these are the most common I know of.

YoursTrue

If this is the case, IF they are looking for what the actual text says most Jews know of Jews or Jewish communities that do know Hebrew and Tanakh who can answer their questions. Sometimes it is just a phone call, email, or family visit away. ;)

Casting a lot in the sense of, "Decide to join someone or something and share in his or her fate. When someone casts his lot with someone or something, he is joining this person or this group and, therefore, joins the fate of these people." Not casting lots in the western English translation interpretation.

Again -- you make sense (although I don't always agree with you...<smile>). But -- and it's a big but -- in the case of Jews such as Einstein and others who kind of gave up, or were not taught much about the deeper aspects of religion, their lot was more or less cast for them by virtue of their lineage. They did not join a group, they may have been pushed along by it, regardless of their personal beliefs.

1. First because there is no requirement for the world to become Jewish there is no pressure to become Jewish, or else. As stated earlier, the 7 mitzvoth are the baseline of all humanity - whether they agree, accept, or want it. It is like the software to the computer so to speak.
Yes, but, what is the outcome? I mean if a person believes to follow those rules, commandments, mitzvoth or whatever you call them -- what do you say is the outcome? It's kind of like the laws of physics. But I say no more, awaiting your answer.
  1. Second, there is no mitzvah for Jews to actively convert non-Jews to become Jews who hold by Torath Mosheh. A Jewish can do it for whatever reasons they choose, but there is no commission to missionize the world to being a part of the Jewish nation.
When you say "Jewish nation," I have a few things to say about that, but maybe not now. And especially if you're going, which I am very sorry to hear, even if we don't talk too frequently. Nevertheless, suffice it to say I have very much enjoyed our conversations. Especially for a girl from Brooklyn. :)
  1. Third, if a Noachide were to convert to Torah Mosheh, as a Jew, they are not only accepting the national Torah standards upon themselves and their entire household they are also joining the Jewish nation in whatever state we are in at that time. If we are at our best then that is what we are and if we are at our worst that is where we are, for that moment. I.e. they are not joining a religion where they say a few words, give a testimony, and then go on their merry way - possible by themselves. No, they essentially would have to move into a Jewish area where there is a Torath Mosheh/halakha based community within walking distance, kosher food, marriage to someone who is Torah based, and the ability to raise their children as Jews in Torath Mosheh.
  2. Fourth, there are some Noachides who are already married with families and their spouse or children are not willing or ready to lives as Jews. I.e. the whole acceptance of holding by Torath Mosheh under the above stated conditions.
  3. Fifth, there are some Noachides who live in areas where there is no Torath Mosheh/Orthodox Jewish community. So, since they are not able to just up and move they are not able to convert to Torath Mosheh, as a Jew. As stated in 1 and 2 there is no requirement, from Hashem, for them to become Jewish. Being born, as someone without Jewish parents, makes them automatically "Noachides" if you will are citizens of the 7 Mitzvoth that Hashem commanded to the nations of the world.
  4. Lastly, there are some Noachides who have family who may be hostile to them becoming Jewish and said Noachides are not in a position to be able to stand up to the family.
There may be other reasons but these are the most common I know of.

OK, I am not Einstein, my mind can only handle one or two ideas at a time. Maybe he couldn't either. I go back to the first point which is, what is the outcome, do you say, for those following the mitzvoth? Further, as another poster brings out, talking about the Kohens, then what? It gets a little complicated, to use a term, shall we say? So what is the outcome? There is the law of physics, I am reading about Newton and Einstein, I'll bring out a statement I read in a book about Einstein -- "We know gravity by happenstance." And that is true, isn't it? I wouldn't know gravity if I were not born into it. :)
I am very happy to be talking to you.
P.S. about gravity -- it's the same with following God's commandments, isn't it? Happy are those doing it. (Happy is relatively relative, by the way.

YoursTrue

Noahides don't become Jews because it is not necessary to do so and becoming a Jew means taking on 613 laws and why should they do that when they don't have to.
How can ANYONE take on the 613 laws? That is why the law is (really was) instrumental in explaining what it means to obey HaShem and live. Meanwhile, everyone faces death in the literal kind. Awaiting or looking forward to a resurrection. As the prophets pointed out occasionally. Although yes, there are those that receive "mystical," "mysterious" communications to speak of the soul, spirit, ot whatever living beyond. Pharaoh's agents would have enjoyed that. In fact, he did believe that he'd live beyond, taking a few with him in the tomb. Not something that Moses taught. Going back to ruach and other words associated with breath, life, and spirit. Hope the weather is good where you're at. Again, the autumn here is beautiful this year. "I know gravity only by happenstance." I know life only by happenstance. Also autumn colors. :)