• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moses, ‘Turns the Other Cheek’, By Offering up his Eternal Soul, to Rescue his Evil Enemies.

Is Moses the second greatest ‘cheek turner’ in human history?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Steven Merten

Exodus 32:7 The Golden Calf

Then the LORD said to Moses: Go down at once because your people, whom you brought out of the land of Egypt, have acted corruptly. They have quickly turned aside from the way I commanded them, making for themselves a molten calf and bowing down to it, sacrificing to it and crying out, “These are your gods, Israel, who brought you up from the land of Egypt!” I have seen this people, how stiff-necked they are, continued the LORD to Moses. Let me alone, then, that my anger may burn against them to consume them. Then I will make of you a great nation.
Exodus 32:30 The Atonement.

On the next day Moses said to the people, “You have committed a grave sin. Now I will go up to the LORD; perhaps I may be able to make atonement for your sin.” So Moses returned to the LORD and said, “Ah, this people has committed a grave sin in making a god of gold for themselves! Now if you would only forgive their sin! But if you will not, then blot me out of the book that you have written.” The LORD answered Moses: Only the one who has sinned against me will I blot out of my book. Now, go and lead the people where I have told you. See, my angel will go before you. When it is time for me to punish, I will punish them for their sin. Thus the LORD struck the people for making the calf, the one that Aaron made.
Moses seems second only to Jesus Christ, when it comes to ‘turning the other cheek’, to those who persecute him. While Moses was receiving the Ten Commandments from God, on Mt. Sinai, the Israelites began worshiping a golden calf and rose to revel. Moses ran down the mountain. He gathered his fellow Levites, armed them, and they killed three thousand of their fellow countrymen, to crush this evil uprising against God. God told Moses that He was going to annihilate all the Israelites and start again with Moses, to build his descendants to become as numerous as the sands of the sea. Moses begged God not to annihilate the Israelites who hated Moses and God. Moses then offered up his eternal soul, in a plea with God, to forgive his enemy Israelites.

To be struck out of the Book of life, means Eternal Damnation. Moses offered his soul to rescue his enemies. Wow! Moses really seems second only to Jesus, when it comes to ‘turning the other cheek’, love of enemies.

In Christianity and Judaism, the Book of Life is the book in which God records the names of every person who is destined for Heaven or the World to Come.
Book of Life - Wikipedia

Psalm 69:27-28
Add iniquity to their iniquity, And may they not come into Your righteousness. May they be blotted out of the book of life And may they not be recorded with the righteous.

Revelation 20:15
And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Daniel 12:1
"Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued.

Matthew 24:23
for at that time there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will be.

Luke 23:26
As they led him away they took hold of a certain Simon, a Cyrenian, who was coming in from the country; and after laying the cross on him, they made him carry it behind Jesus. Jesus turned to them and said, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep instead for yourselves and for your children, for indeed, the days are coming when people will say, ‘Blessed are the barren, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed.’ At that time people will say to the mountains, ‘Fall upon us!’ and to the hills, ‘Cover us!’
Zechariah 13:2
"It will come about in that day," declares the LORD of hosts, "that I will cut off the names of the idols from the land, and they will no longer be remembered; and I will also remove the prophets and the unclean spirit from the land.
In Luke 23, Jesus tells the people at His Crucifixion, not to weep for Him, but instead to weep for the people of apocalyptic times, which is our times. Jesus says there will be more tribulation upon the times of His Second Coming, than has ever been before or ever will occur again. Immerse yourself in Jesus Divine Mercy Feast Day, which is the Second Sunday of Easter, to insure that your name is presently, not blotted out of God's 'Book of Life'.

Revelation 3:5
'He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Divine Mercy in My Soul, 699
I desire that the Feast of Mercy be a refuge and shelter for all souls, and especially for poor sinners. On that day the very depths of My tender mercy are open. I pour out a whole ocean of graces upon those souls who approach the fount of My mercy. The soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion shall obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment. On that day all the divine floodgates through which grace flow are opened. Let no soul fear to draw near to Me, even though its sins be as scarlet.
Luke 10:20
"Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven."

Divine Mercy in My Soul, 1728
Write: I am Thrice Holy, and I detest the smallest sin. I cannot love a soul which is stained with sin; but when it repents, there is no limit to My generosity toward it. My mercy embraces and justifies it. With My mercy, I pursue sinners along all their paths, and My Heart rejoices when they return to Me. I forget the bitterness with which they fed My Heart and rejoice at their return. Tell sinners that no one shall escape My Hand; if they run away from My Merciful Heart, they will fall into My Just Hands.

Last edited: