• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mortal Sins

ForeverFaithful

Son Worshiper
Here's one of your bizarre doctirnes that us Protestants (you know the proper kinds of Christians ;)) can't get our heads around

So does committing a mortal sin mean there is no hope for me if I do not repent it after I die?
Since only Catholic do the sacrament of absolution, are all Protestants royally screwed come Judgment day?
Do you guys have a clear agree upon lists of Mortal sins?
Is Jesus' love conditional?

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
So does committing a mortal sin mean there is no hope for me if I do not repent it after I die?
Mortal Sins are offenses of a grave nature, committed freely with full knowledge of their wrongfulness and sinfulness.

You need to repent. I don't limit God's mercy, but I'd heavily recommend repenting.

Since only Catholic do the sacrament of absolution, are all Protestants royally screwed come Judgment day?
Do you guys have a clear agree upon lists of Mortal sins?
Is Jesus' love conditional?
No, the perfect contrition of protestants can be efficacious. No, we have a list of criteria. No, it is entirely unconditional.

Adamski

I recommend a copy of the catechism and going to catholic answers web site.

The above answer is mostly right