• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Morning Walk ...

PureX

Veteran Member
I went for an early morning walk the other day ... it was my birthday.

It was good to be alive.

IMG_0347.jpg

amorphous_constellation

great pictures.. I live across from a graveyard, but the graves probably aren't as tall on average.. do they care if you post photos here? they can take up a lot of space I thought, I like taking nature photos sometimes though

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Happy birthday!

My apartment view looks out onto one of the largest and most historic cemetaries in Canada, containing of the the most important arboretums in the nation -- Mount Pleasant Cemetary. Many old friends are buried there, and 4 Canadian Prime Ministers (we've only had 23). It's a place I love to walk, especially in the early morning.

PureX

Veteran Member
Like a line of a song I'm working on:

"The most I can hope for when I'm gone
Is that they spell my name right on my tombstone"
Sounds like a country song. But you still have to get your pickup truck in there, somewhere. ;)

I think about a line in that Patty Griffin song;

"I don't know nothing except change will come
Year after year what we do is undone
Time gets moving from a crawl to a run
I wonder if we're gonna ever get home"

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It's easy to forget that our time here is quite short, and to waste it worrying about things that will not matter at all when we're gone.
Nothing will matter when we are gone because we will be gone, from this world anyway.
So if we follow that train of thought we would not worry about anything at all.
Maybe we do not need to worry, but maybe we could still care about certain things?