• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Morning Routine

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I created an OP in the Dharmic Religions DIR about my practices during a time of day called Brahmamuhurta (time of Brahman) and wanted to create a thread in Interfaith Discussion in case anyone was compelled to share their morning routine and if they incorporate religion or spirituality into it on a daily basis or on specific days.

Mine is in the link above. Feel free to share yours.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I created an OP in the Dharmic Religions DIR about practices during a time of day called Brahmamuhurta (time of Brahman) and wanted to create a thread in Interfaith Discussion in case anyone was compelled to share their morning routine and if they incorporate religion or spirituality into it on a daily basis or on specific days.

I was just curious if you drink coffee in the morning.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Say thanks to Hashem for returning my soul immediately after waking, or when I realise I woke.

Wash hands in a special way with a cup and say a short blessing pertaining to the handwashing.

Say another blessing and a short prayer.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I was just curious if you drink coffee in the morning.

I did used to have a cup for quite some time between my shower and meditation or directly before my shower, but I've since moved coffee time to after meditation.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Journal every morning and evening a thank you and what I'm thankful for. Usually, throughout the day. I had morning meditation in my routine but lost my habit after going out of town for a week. Have to pick that up again. When it's raining, I'd light a candle for my aunt and grandmother. I'm starting to pray more since in itself is a meditative practice. I have no religion or, in other words, a structured practice and things like that.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I created an OP in the Dharmic Religions DIR about my practices during a time of day called Brahmamuhurta (time of Brahman) and wanted to create a thread in Interfaith Discussion in case anyone was compelled to share their morning routine and if they incorporate religion or spirituality into it on a daily basis or on specific days.

I am in the process of creating a Spiritually charged morning routine, but as it stands my main component is drawing a Rune, to give me an idea of what to expect/look for throughout the day.

I have a Spiritual evening ritual, in which I light a candle and give thanks for one thing that occured during the day. After which, I make a Hammer sign (similar to Signing a cross) invoke Odin to protect my Home and Hearth (Altar). I then proceed to to the back of the house, Sign, Invoke Thor and lock my door, and turn off the lights. I then go to the front door and do the same, this time invoking Freya. At this point I return to my Altar, blow out the candle and return it, before carrying on to bed.

Takes roughly 5 minutes.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

What is special about Brahmamuhurta? What is it about this time of day makes it unique? What time does it occur from/until? Are there other special times of the day?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What is special about Brahmamuhurta? What is it about this time of day makes it unique? What time does it occur from/until? Are there other special times of the day?

To the best of my knowledge, it's the time of day most conducive to worship and meditative practice, as the mind is the most still and in its purist state upon waking.

A muhurta is a Hindu unit of time equivalent to 1/30 of the day, so a muhurta is 48 minutes in length. Brahmamuhurta is the 14th muhurta of the night (which has a total of 15), so Brahmamuhurta begins 96 minutes prior to sunrise and ends 48 minutes prior to sunrise. Therefore, Brahmamuhurta is 48 minutes in length.

I'm not aware of any others times of day that are considered as auspicious as Brahmamuhurta.

Last edited:

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)

I looked it up on Wiki...
Brahmamuhurtha - Wikipedia
Getting up that early in the morning is a bit much for me, much less trying to stay awake during a meditation at that time. It would have been useful during my two years of graveyard shift. My morning routine usually involves a stop in the bathroom, starting a pot of coffee, and smoking a cigarette. The pleasure I get from all three is the best homage I can offer the supreme and eternal essence or spirit of the universe.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I always fold my bedding (or make the bed depending on time of year etc). It symbolizes my intention to make the day profitable.

syo

My ritual is antidepressant pill and coffee. But my real ritual is simply greeting the sun. :)

PearlSeeker

Getting up at 6.00.
Short prayer.
A bit of walking and stretching.
Prayers.
Washing face, teeth, a cup of water, vitamin c or a piece of fruit, changing clothes.
Meditation (10 min).
Reading and writing (occasionally).
Waking up others and breakfast...