• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mormonism????

It is sad but true, and you know why it is true, "I am the Way the Truth and the Life no one comes to the father except through me" That is the verse than saves and condemns all of man kind.

Buttons, think what you want about me, I may sound harsh and judging but I am really concerned for all of you, I don't mean to come off terribly mean but sometimes I just do especiall with things such as God with which I fell very passionatley about. I know the truth and I know God, I foolow him daily and study His word. I love God, I am not perfect nor do I claim to be.

My biggest problem with Mormonism (and all other Christian based reliogions) is that they change scripture (Book of Mormon over 3000 times in 150 years). Sure there are some mormons who might know God and follow Him. I am not questioning that, I am merely questioning Chruch doctrine and LDs belief in general and how it is justified.

As for your use of 'good word' becky why is it quotes? And God is loving, but he is ALSO a judging harsh God. He is everything at once, read Revalation, good stuff. God is a harsh judge and the only reason that Christians are saved is we are covered in the blood of Christ and washed clean of our sins. I stand by the Word when it tells me that those who do not chose to know God do not go to hell. that is why everyday I show my friend the love od God through my actions (faith without action is dead (James)).

And Mormons are not Christians. Jesus is not the spirit child of Elohim and his wife, he is God, not the brother of Satan.

Booko

Deviled Hen
beckysoup61 said:
Must be decaffinated tea for me. :149: Must have decaffinated!:)

Oh, that's right! Sorry about that...will mint tea do? It's very good for the stomach.

I'd be careful of decaffeinated things. They still have caffeine in them, just less of it.

DeadVegas

joecrawford815 said:
Buttons, think what you want about me, I may sound harsh and judging but I am really concerned for all of you
We're worried about you too.
:super:
Booko said:
I'd be careful of decaffeinated things. They still have caffeine in them, just less of it.
Scam artists!

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
joe said:
Buttons, think what you want about me, I may sound harsh and judging but I am really concerned for all of you, I don't mean to come off terribly mean but sometimes I just do especiall with things such as God with which I fell very passionatley about. I know the truth and I know God, I foolow him daily and study His word. I love God, I am not perfect nor do I claim to be.
thanks for your concern.... :)

*hugs* I'm worried for you too

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
joecrawford815 said:
It is sad but true, and you know why it is true, "I am the Way the Truth and the Life no one comes to the father except through me" That is the verse than saves and condemns all of man kind.

My biggest problem with Mormonism (and all other Christian based reliogions) is that they change scripture (Book of Mormon over 3000 times in 150 years). Sure there are some mormons who might know God and follow Him. I am not questioning that, I am merely questioning Chruch doctrine and LDs belief in general and how it is justified.

As for your use of 'good word' becky why is it quotes? And God is loving, but he is ALSO a judging harsh God. He is everything at once, read Revalation, good stuff. God is a harsh judge and the only reason that Christians are saved is we are covered in the blood of Christ and washed clean of our sins. I stand by the Word when it tells me that those who do not chose to know God do not go to hell. that is why everyday I show my friend the love od God through my actions (faith without action is dead (James)).

And Mormons are not Christians. Jesus is not the spirit child of Elohim and his wife, he is God, not the brother of Satan.
Joe. You are, unfortunately, very, very misinformed about Mormonism. It's late, and I don't have time tonight to address these silly notions of yours. But I'm really kind of glad you stopped by with your anti-Mormon drivel. It's been awhile since I've had the kind of good time a conversation with you promises to provide. I'm truly looking forward to playing with your head during the next few days. Now why don't you turn in for the night, too. It's way, way past your bedtime.

Not really I'm on the West Coast. It is only 10. But, please do feel free to play with my head, but in the same respect let me play with yours and show you that I am not as misinformed as I might seem.

Bishka

Veteran Member
joecrawford815 said:

Exactly what Kathryn said. You are highly misinformed on the LDS Church, and you are actually here to condemn mormons and other people you think aren't Christians. Sad really.

Bishka

Veteran Member
joecrawford815 said:
Not really I'm on the West Coast. It is only 10. But, please do feel free to play with my head, but in the same respect let me play with yours and show you that I am not as misinformed as I might seem.

Quote your so-called information then. It's late for other people if you haven't notice, we are all over the world. You aren't the only one who exists.

Like I said before, anything that is not in the Bible, Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price. (Our scriptures), isn't doctrine, so you basically can't hold anything against us........Or are you going to argue I don't know my religion, even though I was brought up in it and have lived it my whole life and you know more jsut bcause your pastor said so or you made a cursory glance at an anti-mormon website.

jonny

joecrawford815 said:
How can mormons claim to be Christians when Christians who don't accept the Joseph Smith Jr. as a prophet?? Is this in the LDS Church doctrine? Please explain this to me.

As soon as you can write a coherent sentence I'll have a conversation with you about it.

DeadVegas

beckysoup61 said:
Like I said before, anything that is not in the Bible, Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price.
You're forgetting the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and the Da Vinci Code.

Booko

Deviled Hen
DeadVegas said:
You're forgetting the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and the Da Vinci Code.

And Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Sheesh, I need to turn in for the night too. :faint:

jonny

...the only reason that Christians are saved is we are covered in the blood of Christ and washed clean of our sins...
Disgusting. Who would want to be covered in blood? That sounds barbaric. Is bathing in blood a doctrine of your church? Sounds like a cult to me.

I believe that the only way I can be saved is through the grace of Jesus Christ.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
JoeCrawford,

My suggestion to you would be to ask questions about who the LDS believe Jesus to be. You will see they believe Jesus to be God. That is what is the definition of a Christian is in my book. I am Christian, but not Mormon, and I believe LDS are Christians. You will learn quite a bit on this site. But it will go better for you if you come in and ask questions rather than throwing out untrue accusations. :)

jonny

Buttercup said:
JoeCrawford,

My suggestion to you would be to ask questions about who the LDS believe Jesus to be. You will see they believe Jesus to be God. That is what is the definition of a Christian is in my book. I am Christian, but not Mormon, and I believe LDS are Christians. You will learn quite a bit on this site. But's it will go better for you if you come in and ask questions rather than throwing out untrue accusations. :)

Thanks Buttercup. I think that if Joe starts reading around he'll quickly learn that his source of information is seriously misrepresenting the LDS church.

Joe, we don't have to agree on everything, but if you actually LISTEN to what Latter-day Saints believe, you're going to quickly learn that our belief in Jesus Christ isn't much different than your belief in Jesus Christ. We believe in the same Bible. The "problems" that most people like you have with Mormons come from beliefs that answer questions where there are only questions in your religion. There's nothing wrong with having different beliefs. Christ made it clear that there is something wrong with exercising judgment on people. He's reserved the role of being the judge of our salvation for himself.

Who are you to take over the divine role of Jesus Christ of being our judge? Why don't you just work on improving yourself and pray for strength to get through life surrounded by all us evil Mormons.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
joecrawford815 said:

He'd love arguing with me ...:hug:

Super Universe

Defender of God
joecrawford815 said:

Where in the bible does Jesus say He is God? Never. Does He not preach, even in the sentence above that you posted, about His Father?

Why would He do that? If Jesus is God why wouldn't He just say so?

Maybe because there is only one God and Jesus is His created Son.

And you claim Mormon's are ill informed?

evearael

I have a hard time taking the openning post seriously. You visit us pushing a website that has zero content, but plenty of advertising and then proceed to make derogatory statements about Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons. Who's next?

SoyLeche

meh...
I love how people who have read a few anti-mormon websites or books suddenly think that they know more about the LDS church than someone who has lived and studied the religion all of their life - and then has the audacity to say that the Mormon is ill-informed.

I can guarantee you that I have read and studied more about the LDS church this year than Joe has in his life.

pdoel

beckysoup61 said:
Exactly what Kathryn said. You are highly misinformed on the LDS Church, and you are actually here to condemn mormons and other people you think aren't Christians. Sad really.

I was kinda biting my tongue, but couldn't any longer (it started to hurt after awhile). Heh heh.

I agree that it's very silly to condemn a religion you know nothing about, or to judge, and say people aren't Christians.

I don't follow the Mormon religion. I don't believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet. But I still believe that Mormons are just as much Christian as anyone else. Many believe that Jesus wasn't the Son of God, and feel the need to condemn all Christians.

What I find quite ironic is that some who defend the Mormon religion and it's followers, and feel they are being condemned, also do some condemning on their own.

But, like stated above, it's sad, really.

We all have different beliefs. I see no need to condemn someone just because some of those beliefs aren't the same as our own. Something many people could learn from.

SoyLeche

meh...
pdoel said:
I was kinda biting my tongue, but couldn't any longer (it started to hurt after awhile). Heh heh.

I agree that it's very silly to condemn a religion you know nothing about, or to judge, and say people aren't Christians.

I don't follow the Mormon religion. I don't believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet. But I still believe that Mormons are just as much Christian as anyone else. Many believe that Jesus wasn't the Son of God, and feel the need to condemn all Christians.

What I find quite ironic is that some who defend the Mormon religion and it's followers, and feel they are being condemned, also do some condemning on their own.

But, like stated above, it's sad, really.

We all have different beliefs. I see no need to condemn someone just because some of those beliefs aren't the same as our own. Something many people could learn from.
Man - you fixed your quote too early. I was going to ask:

If you don't believe Joseph Smith was a profit - was he a loss or did he just break-even. It was going to be hillarious! :149: