• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mormonism????

Kay

Towards the Sun
Katzpur said:
Joseph Smith was a man, not a god. He was fallible, just like you and me. He had opinions on a variety of subjects. Some of these opinions were correct, others were not. When he spoke for and in behalf of God, and his words presented to the Church membership for its sustaining vote, they were canonized. As he stated himself, "A prophet is only a prophet when he is acting as such." Every word Joseph Smith ever spoke was not spoken by revelation. Do you honestly think that Lutherans, for example, are bound by every opinion Martin Luther stated throughout his life?

Heh. Learn something new everyday. I was born and raised in Utah - and most of my family is Mormon - and I didn't know that the church viewed JS this way. Thanks for teaching me something. Frubals.

Kay

Towards the Sun
SoyLeche said:
Yeah, I know a lot about cults. Apparently I've been in one my whole life. You'd never guess if you actually knew me.
I've got you beat! I was raised in a cultic state (Utah), surrounded by cultic family (Mormons and JW's), joined a cultic group when I was 20 (JW's) and left them to join another cult (Wiccans). I'm a lost cause! :eek:

PS - All the LDS members know I'm kidding, right?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Neosnoia said:
I've got you beat! I was raised in a cultic state (Utah), surrounded by cultic family (Mormons and JW's), joined a cultic group when I was 20 (JW's) and left them to join another cult (Wiccans). I'm a lost cause! :eek:

PS - All the LDS members know I'm kidding, right?
You're a witch!!!!!????? :eek: Yikes! Run for cover!!!!!:p