1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mormon or Christians?

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by TheGreaterGame, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Katzpur

Katzpur Not your average Mormon

Ratings:
    +5,546
    Religion:
    LDS Christian
    No. Like the first-century Christians, we believe in the Godhead of the scriptures.

2. Katzpur

Ratings:
    +5,546
    Religion:
    LDS Christian
    I take the divinity of my Lord and Savior very seriously, thegg.

3. TheGreaterGame

TheGreaterGame Active Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Godhead as in the Trinitarian Godhead . . . or Godhead as in, Three Gods . . . which would ultimately conclude a multiplicity of gods . . . which leaves you with a theological whole the size of Texas . . . who is the original God. Before YHWY, before Christ . . . which God's were in the council of the God's as The Book of Abraham speaks of in chapter 4 (take the whole chapter as reference please)

4. Katzpur

Ratings:
    +5,546
    Religion:
    LDS Christian
    thegg,

I hope you'll excuse me for bowing out of this discussion. I have done my level best to respond to your inquiries. You continue to ignore mine. You also have proven to me that you really have no desire at all to actually understand what I believe. I say this because, regardless of the answers I have given you, you simply continue to ask the same questions and make the same accusations over and over again. I'm starting to lose my patience, to be perfectly honest. I really don't have any desire whatsoever to get into a heated argument with you, and that's obviously where we are headed. It's one thing to disagree, but we are literally going around in circles here. If I thought for a minute that I was making any headway at all (not in convincing you that my beliefs are right, but in helping you to understand them), I'd be happy to continue this discussion ad infinum. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Perhaps we'll talk again some time and will even find some common ground on another topic.

Kathryn

5. Pah

Pah Uber all member

Ratings:
    +1,059
    Just what is your purpose in asking a question that was clearly answered in the quote?

It is not so cleary defined in Biblical scripture as it was there

6. Pah

Pah Uber all member

Ratings:
    +1,059
    There is not authorataive truth, it is all personal opinion and/or personal revelation. Every faith is subjective

Here on this forum it is the responsibilty of moderators to determine demonization. You would do well to heed that for it is not allowed

7. Pah

Pah Uber all member

Ratings:
    +1,059
    I'm going to support that request. Debate is not to be one sided, one direction. You owe answers.

8. Quiddity

Quiddity UndertheInfluenceofGiants

Ratings:
    +1,275
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Pah would you be interested in starting a thread on this comment? I would like to discuss it.

~Victor

9. reyjamiei

reyjamiei Member

Ratings:
    +5
    John 14:28
    Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

If his Father is greater than him, they can't be equal.

10. reyjamiei

reyjamiei Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Any so called Christian, who tries to prove and convince others that someone else is not a Christian to me is not a Christian.

11. Uncertaindrummer

Uncertaindrummer Active Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Trying to put NUMBERS which we invented into God is ridiculous. If you want to TRY and get nubers out of it, use 1x1x1=1. Maks mroe sense.

I have not told anyone what they believe, I have QUOTED YOU. So tell me. Is Jesus God? If so, there are two Gods. Is there not more than one God? Than Jesus must be the same as the Father. If not, Jesus must beLESS than the father. I have not been telling you what you believe, I have been restating what you yourself have said.

If you would just answer the questions, I would stop claiming anything.

12. Uncertaindrummer

Ratings:
    +31
    I did not ask for a hsitory of the LDS. I told you to read HISTORY. The Church of the Early centuries was not Mormon, and if you want to start a thread on it, we can.

13. Uncertaindrummer

Ratings:
    +31
    Catholics most certainly DO believe in the inerrancy of the Bible, you obviously do NOT know what you are talking about. As for Sola Fide, that is a heretical doctrine, but you are correct--some protestants DO NOT believe Catholics are Christians.

14. TheGreaterGame

Ratings:
    +28
    Well if I subscribe to your "subjectice, exestential, releativism" then guess what . . . I'm right . . . and your in no position to tell me I'm not . . . fortunately I don't adhere to Eastern Philosophy . . . I subscribe to the bible . . . and it is authoratative . . . it tells man what man is to belive about God . . . and what God expects from man.

15. TheGreaterGame

Ratings:
    +28
    You tire to easily. If truth were imporant you would come back to the table. Besides the first night you asked for a response I gave you one. But lets not play coy . . . you have not answered your own theological gaps.

16. TheGreaterGame

Ratings:
    +28
    Vatican II suggests that their are no more heretics because of the RCC views on Inclusivism

17. Scott1

Scott1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +950
    Quite wrong....

18. TheGreaterGame

Ratings:
    +28
    That is the greatist argument to prove something right I've ever heard . . . thankyou for that elegant but fallicious proposition.

19. Scott1

Scott1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +950
    :biglaugh: I'm sure you know Catholic teachings better than I.....

20. TheGreaterGame

Ratings:
    +28
    I think one would conclude that to be so . . . if your not going to prove me wrong