• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mormon Followers Explain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishka

Veteran Member
adilrockstar said:
I said I would not answer questions. This question is a good one though so I will consider it. I really should not have to give you the verse.:eek: That is sad.:( I will however give the verse to you tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

God Bless:yes:

You can't give a verse, because there isn't one. And if there so happens to be one, then you have misinterpreted it. It's sad how you think you know everything, yet you know so little.

I love your blatant fundamentalist Christianity sign-off.

I hardly think you want God to bless us, the only reason you would want God to bless is to bless us away from our 'sinful Mormon theology'.

Bishka

Veteran Member
adilrockstar said:
True, the difference is that I will take the time to Look.:yes:

I did take the time to look. I've told you we don't have a specific teaching except that God is eternal and I have provided you with a verse which you apparent ignore. Get over yourself.

adilrockstar

beckysoup61 said:
You will, will you? I'd love to see what you actually know. What you say sickens me, how you assume you know our doctrines and teachings and when we present you with them, you say that we know nothing and that you know more then us, when you have never set foot in one of our churches, never been a member, or even opened up our scriptures. So much for your credibility.

You can't be serious, can you? To be honest,I don't even know whey you are trying, you aren't convincing anybody but yourself. No one here believe anything you are saying because you cannot even get your facts straight.

Come back when you've actually gained knowledge of our Church, our teachings and our doctrine. And when you get your facts right you can try to 'challenge' us.

You must be blind, because we've already answered it. We have not teaching on 'where God came from' in our Doctrine and Covenants. You just choose to ignore the fact that we've repeated that over and over to you.

All I am saying is ask an elder at your Church, call them up tomorrow. They should know. Anyway, you have not answered the question. I answered it with your own scripture, that has somehow disappeared from your book. You will learn YOUR teachings on God origin tomorrow, when I answer my first question. I will bend the rules this one time. : hamster :

Bishka

Veteran Member
Also to clarify, we are not "Mormon followers". We are followers of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ who died to save us from the depths of hell. Are you?

adilrockstar

I am being a little saracstic with you. I should not be. You all take cheap low blows at me constantly. Insulting me over and over. So yeah I was a little sarcastic....that was wrong. Agreed. Anyway back on topic tomorrow. I will provide the verse. You will have some time to check it out more if you wish.

Good Night:)

Bishka

Veteran Member
adilrockstar said:
All I am saying is ask an elder at your Church, call them up tomorrow. They should know.
*smacks head* I answered you question.

adilrockstar said:
Anyway, you have not answered the question. I answered it with your own scripture, that has somehow disappeared from your book.
What scripture? You've never given a single refernce to a single scripture, stop acting like you have.

adilrockstar

beckysoup61 said:
Also to clarify, we are not "Mormon followers". We are followers of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ who died to save us from the depths of hell. Are you?

Last Response and I am done. Shouldn't respond but I will, You became a Mormon Follower ie a member of the CLDS, when you chose to follow the teachings of the Book of Mormon.

Remember your group broke off from the Church and followed new teachings.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
adilrockstar said:
WRONG, stick around I will teach some more on Your Religion. Check it out tomorrow with someone who knows more than you do about the book. I am going to bed now. I will check this when I wake up. It is now 230am and I am tired. Feel free to answer the question though. Since nobody has done that yet.

Adil - sorry to dissapoint you but here is the poem. straight from the encyclopedia of mormonism - (and I challenge your hollow claim above to prove me wrong, SHOW US ALL WHERE THE WORDS "AS MAN IS GOD ONCE WAS" IS FOUND IN THE D&C" I guarantee you can't do it because it isn't there.

as promised:

"As man is, God once was, and as God is, man may become." This ideal was beautifully framed in verse by Lorenzo Snow in his poem "Dear Brother," written in January of 1892, three verses of which I quote:

As Abra'm, Isaac, Jacob, too.
First babes, then men-to gods they grew.
As man now is, our God once was;
As now God is, so man may be,-
Which doth unfold man's destiny.
The boy, like to his father grown,
Has but attained unto his own;
To grow to sire from state of son,
Is not 'gainst nature's course to run.
As son of God, like God to be,
Would not be robbing Deity;
And he who has this hope within,
Will purify himself from sin.

I will now accept your humble apology. Can't wait for you to teach some more tomorrow:drool:

Bishka

Veteran Member
adilrockstar said:
Last Response and I am done. Shouldn't respond but I will, You became a Mormon Follower ie a member of the CLDS, when you chose to follow the teachings of the Book of Mormon.

I am not a Mormon follower. I will clarify this until I am blue in the face.

Yes, I believe in the Book of Mormon, but I do not worship it, just as Lutherans do not worship Martin Luther. I worship Jesus christ as my Lord and Saviour. As my King, as the God of this Earth.

You have made a mistake claiming that I worship something I don't.

Zephyr

Moved on
adilrockstar said:

You do understand that that is analogous to calling other Christians Bible Followers, right? I suppose it's a technically correct term in most cases, but Christian is clearly a better term.

adilrockstar

beckysoup61 said:
I am not a Mormon follower. I will clarify this until I am blue in the face.

Yes, I believe in the Book of Mormon, but I do not worship it, just as Lutherans do not worship Martin Luther. I worship Jesus christ as my Lord and Saviour. As my King, as the God of this Earth.

You have made a mistake claiming that I worship something I don't.

I am just trying to define the differences in our beliefs by asking you questions. You will understand where I am going when I am done.

The verse tomorrow. Then more questions, if you will continue.:)

Bishka

Veteran Member
adilrockstar said:
I am just trying to define the differences in our beliefs by asking you questions. You will understand where I am going when I am done.

You aren't trying to define the differences, you are trying to tear down our faith and beliefs by framing us as something we aren't. You are not respectful, you are not kind, and I would hardly call you a Christian, even if you claim to be one.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
adilrockstar said:

What's the matter adil? ignoring the post where I already proved you wrong???:yes:

Bishka

Veteran Member
comprehend said:
What's the matter adil? ignoring the post where I already proved you wrong???:yes:

No, adilrockstar is actually ignoring what we've already presented her with and claiming that we didn't give it to her. It's ridiciulous and self-serving if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.