• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mormon diversion!

DeepShadow

White Crow
Why do wiccan witches and other non-Christian religious people come to the support of Mormons? It is very obvious.

Sure, but you ignored the bonus question of this thread: why do so many Christians side with non-Christians in defending Mormons? That one's a little harder.

DeepShadow

White Crow
Our Lord also explained to His followers how to spread the message of the Gospel. If a town was not interested they were to move on. It seems like the Mormons here would prefer you move on. Why is it so hard to respect that and follow our instructions and move on? Yes, the Gospel is an offence, because we have our own willful desires and the Gospel tells us following those desires will lead to harm and not to God but who wants to hear that? Like a child that wants candy before dinner and is told by a parent that it will be bad for them does not want to hear No for an answer, so we do not want to hear that we have our flaws that need to work if we are to do as Our Lord commanded and follow His example of sacrifice. We are not called by Christ to be offensive ourselves. We are not the Gospel.

[The Count] Vun! Vun Christian non-bigot![/count]

Fish-Hunter

Rejoice in the Lord!
Sure, but you ignored the bonus question of this thread: why do so many Christians side with non-Christians in defending Mormons? That one's a little harder.

There are so many versions of Christianity today. I don't think you are going to find a historical biblical Christian (Bible Alone) defending Mormonism. Maybe you will get the extremely liberal Christians with a very low view of the scriptures coming to your LDS defense. :rolleyes: Jude 3 would have to be meaningless to the liberal Christian, caring more about the praises of men then the love of the truth.

Fish-Hunter

Rejoice in the Lord!
No, we find people who try to cram the "right" way to believe down others' throats offensive. We have been on the receiving end of the bigotry that you and others like you spew and know how it feels. We don't like seing that happen to anyone else. It's kind of like being slapped around as a child and then seeing another child get slapped around. Our hearts go out to them. It has nothing to do with who believes what. It has to do with respect and tolerance. Something some people just don't get.

Those who have kicked in alongside me in this thread realize what I'm saying is true. They see discrimination and bigotry and proselytizing when they see it. They have been on the receiving end of it as well. We stand up for others who find themselves on the receiving end. I don't care if they be Mormons, Catholics, Luciferians, Mystics, Shamans, Druids, or anyone else. If they are constantly attacked for their beliefs and told they are wrong...they have my support.

I don't believe you can cram the truth down someone's throat, because that's not what God reveals through the Scriptures. The only sinners that can receive the truth are the ones God chose before the foundation of the word to believe. It is an act of God that someone is able to embrace the light of the gospel. Consider the truth of Biblical revelation from above. Believe me, I was as great of a sinner, or even a greater sinner than yourself before God showed me mercy and grace for His own good pleasure. Why me, I have no idea? 1 Cor chapter 1 tells us God chooses the foolish things of the world.

2 Corinthians 4

Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness,"made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

Fish-Hunter

Rejoice in the Lord!
Yes, there are many versions of Christianity today, aren't there? I'm glad you acknowledge that.

But God has his remnant chosen by grace in every generation. He always has throughout redemptive history to the praise of His glorious grace. If God did not have a remnant chosen by grace, each and every generation would be apostate throughout redemptive history.

Romans 11 - The Remnant of Israel

I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don't you know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel: "Lord, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars; I am the only one left, and they are trying to kill me"? And what was God's answer to him? "I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal." So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Why do wiccan witches and other non-Christian religious people come to the support of Mormons? It is very obvious. I know the Scriptures proclaim that the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing. The gospel of grace is an offense to the flesh when shared. Yet wiccan witches and other non-Christians support Mormons who are also profess to be Christians too. Do you find that LDS Christainty to be less of an offense than historical biblical Christianity?
I think a big part of it is that a lot of people on RF can see the fallacies in your arguments and the flaws in your methodology. It really has much more to do with your approach than anything else.

texan1

Aw man. I was enjoying this light-hearted, well-intentioned thread but it looks like the fun is over.

*Breaks into song..."Every party needs a pooper.."*

Draka

Wonder Woman
I don't believe you can cram the truth down someone's throat, because that's not what God reveals through the Scriptures. The only sinners that can receive the truth are the ones God chose before the foundation of the word to believe. It is an act of God that someone is able to embrace the light of the gospel. Consider the truth of Biblical revelation from above. Believe me, I was as great of a sinner, or even a greater sinner than yourself before God showed me mercy and grace for His own good pleasure. Why me, I have no idea? 1 Cor chapter 1 tells us God chooses the foolish things of the world.

Fish Hunter takes off his shoe, studies own foot, acknowledges that it is a foot, and STILL shoves it in his mouth to try to eat it.

If it is already pre-determined who will come to or find Christ and God, then why do you even bother to preach at people at all? If they are not meant to find God then nothing you will say will make any difference, and if they are, they will come to God without your meddling because they are already pre-destined to do so by God himself. :rolleyes:

Booko

Deviled Hen
There are so many versions of Christianity today. I don't think you are going to find a historical biblical Christian (Bible Alone) defending Mormonism. Maybe you will get the extremely liberal Christians with a very low view of the scriptures coming to your LDS defense. :rolleyes: Jude 3 would have to be meaningless to the liberal Christian, caring more about the praises of men then the love of the truth.

Sola scriptura is hardly "historical" unless by "historical" you mean "completely recent."

Clearly this is some new definition of "historical" with which I was previously unfamiliar.

Fish-Hunter

Rejoice in the Lord!
Yea, bummer. I was enjoying the diversion too.

I have a quick question. Do the LDS Christians on this site identify more with the Wicca witches, pagans, and even the liberal non-biblical Chrisitans more than those who claim to be historical biblical Christians? There sure seems to be friendship with those who reject Christ and Him crucified on their behalf.

John 15:19:
If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Sola scriptura is hardly "historical" unless by "historical" you mean "completely recent."
There's a difference?

He who controls the present controls the past. He who controls the past controls the future. - George Orwell

doppelganger

Here's something I've never understood, why isn't the standard LDS retort to stuff like this simply: "Why should I care whether I meet someone else's standards for a 'Biblical Christian'?"? Or put another way, at what point has "Fish-Hunter" or any other self-proclaimed mouthpiece for "God" put forth a compelling case for why anyone should care what he thinks about you?

Fish-Hunter

Rejoice in the Lord!
doppelgänger;1154702 said:
Here's something I've never understood, why isn't the standard LDS retort to stuff like this simply: "Why should I care whether I meet someone else's standards for a 'Biblical Christian'?"? Or put another way, at what point has "Fish-Hunter" or any other self-proclaimed mouthpiece for "God" put forth a compelling case for why anyone should care what he thinks about you?

LOL...good point. Katzpur has lead the charge several times to ignore me as an answer to deal with our debates. The LDS belief and Bible Threadhas over 6,170 views and counting. I think Katzpur is calling me a troll in her rally call to universally ignore me. You can ignore me, but the light of the Word of God can never be snuffed out because God is bigger than all of us. God is sovereign and you are not. You are but from dust, and dust you will return my friend. You are a mere mortal. God gives each one the gift of life, and one day He will withdrawl the precious gift of life. You may think you control your own destiny..captain of your own fate. But that is an illusion in your own mind. :)
The living God is bigger than the god of religious pluarlism too. I have to go to work, and will see you guys this evening...Lord willing.

doppelganger

You can ignore me,
I wouldn't do that. I like you. Though I don't care in the least whether I meet with your approval.

but the light of the Word of God can never be stuffed out because God is bigger than all of us.
Good thing not caring what Fish-Hunter thinks about me, and perceiving the light of the Word of God, aren't mutually exclusive then. Phew!

God is sovereign and you are not.
In your universe, I'm not.

But that is an illusion in your own mind. :)
You're welcome to borrow my mirror, anytime you'd like. :)

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I have a quick question. Do the LDS Christians on this site identify more with the Wicca witches, pagans, and even the liberal non-biblical Chrisitans more than those who claim to be historical biblical Christians? There sure seems to be friendship with those who reject Christ and Him crucified on their behalf.
Couldn’t you ask that question in one of the many wonderful threads dedicated to questioning Mormons and Mormon beliefs? The point of this thread is to make fun of Draka and her bizarre religion. Like for example those stupid pointy black hats she always wears. What’s up with that?

misanthropic_clown

John 15:19:
If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

I personally tend not to let religion affect those who I affiliate with. In that way I find I can enjoy myself discussing anything with anybody from any faith provided they are civilised about it. If not even civilised, if they are at least engaging that makes it interesting.

I think the thing when it comes to other Christians is that it is easier to get into very technical debate which is the kind that tends to get more heated. People get more offended about people debating specific aspects at the core of their belief than they do about people who make the sweeping generalisations that opposing religions are more likely to make. It is more uncomfortable, and therefore less easy to leave it in the debate and have an otherwise friendly relationship.

I try my best to ensure that doesn't get in the way of me seeing the person behind the post, but it is not easy if the majority of contact with that person is in the context of debate. It's one of the additional difficulties of the internet I think.

Draka

Wonder Woman
fantôme profane;1155034 said:
Couldn’t you ask that question in one of the many wonderful threads dedicated to questioning Mormons and Mormon beliefs? The point of this thread is to make fun of Draka and her bizarre religion. Like for example those stupid pointy black hats she always wears. What’s up with that?

Oh my goodness! I totally forgot about my black hats! I can't even remember where I put them. I think they may be in with the Halloween decorations.

And they, of course, serve a vital function you nitwit. You see, the wide brim is to help ensure that nothing has a chance to escape while we work on raising magical hocus pocus energy up through the tops of our heads and concentrated in the large cones of the hat. We then use the hat to fire curses at people by bowing towards them in fake respect and firing bolts of evil magic through the point at the tip of the hat. If you will notice that some witches' hats are straight up and some are flopped over...that is the way you can tell if they are "charged up" or not. ;)

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Oh my goodness! I totally forgot about my black hats! I can't even remember where I put them. I think they may be in with the Halloween decorations.

And they, of course, serve a vital function you nitwit. You see, the wide brim is to help ensure that nothing has a chance to escape while we work on raising magical hocus pocus energy up through the tops of our heads and concentrated in the large cones of the hat. We then use the hat to fire curses at people by bowing towards them in fake respect and firing bolts of evil magic through the point at the tip of the hat. If you will notice that some witches' hats are straight up and some are flopped over...that is the way you can tell if they are "charged up" or not. ;)
Wow, and I thought they were just a phallic symbol.