• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mormon and Gay

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
new website from the church. What do you think of the approach?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/25/living/mormon-gay-website/index.html
I'd have to say that I'm pleased overall by the website. At least it appears as if the Church leadership is attempting to understand the feelings of the LGBT community and especially the conflict and struggle that LGBT Mormons are dealing with. Yeah, so maybe it's baby steps, but baby steps in the right direction will eventually get you to where you want to go. For me personally, the words of Josh Searle, a gay Mormon who left the Church and then later returned to it, really expressed what I would imagine (and, as a straight woman, all I can really do is imagine) would be the hardest part of being a gay Mormon:

His experience as a faithful gay Mormon hasn't been easy. While he believes church leaders are trying their best to understand the LGBT community, he said they can't understand the toll of celibacy. "I wish there was content on how to be a celibate gay man in an emotionally healthy way. Human needs, intimacy, physical touch, physical connection... am I just supposed to not participate in any of that? I feel like I am starving for affection, starving for emotional intimacy. What is the answer to that?"